Burning harsh peppery DIY juice.. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagcart

Oct 30, 2015
Hey guys, new here and to DIY. I am trying to find some help! Been having a hard time getting into DIY because of some harsh peppery juices..

My setup is an istick eleaf 50w with an Atlantis sub ohm (3ohm coil) tank. Usually vape at around 20w-30w

Iv'e been having a hard time with a couple different types of nic. Note that I tried all combos without flavors first and have never had any sensitivity problems with PG. I even mixed up just PG/VG at 50/50 and no problems at all. There is a difference between the throat hit and this harsh burning I've been experiencing

• I first tried whatever brand ecigexpress sells. Got a 30pg/70vg 3mg mix. It was unvapeable. It burned the .... out of my throat like suckin down razor blades.

• Second I tried VapersTek 100mg/ml pg base. Made a 10ml with 30/70 and .3ml of nic (3%). Still burning like a ..... I even hit them up and exchanged it, thought they had made a mistake and sent me the TH blend. New batch is exactly the same

• Third I just got a batch of 100mg/ml pg base Nude Nic. Exact same mix as before with same result.
I even went as far as to cut my nic in half to 1.5mg/ml (just added another 10ml of pg/vg mix) and though this helped out a bit with the burning, its still a bit harsh. I have also steeped for about 2 weeks now with no difference.

I'm used to the premium stuff that has no peppery/harsh throat burn at all. All have been labeled as 3mg/ml and usually around 30/70 - 50/50. I did see some talk around here that premium juices may be labeled a higher strength than it actually is, but even at 1.5mg/ml why am i still getting this burn?

If this is how nic is supposed to be how the .... are some of you vaping at anything more than 3mg/ml?

TL;DR Tried NudeNic, ecigexpress flavorless, VapersTek. Mixing at 3mg/ml and no flavor. All my mixes cause Burning/harsh/peppery throat. PG/VG mix with no nic has no burning at all. HELP

Reactions: David Wolf

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
is your math correct? 1.5% nic is 15 mg/ml need to remember that pure nic ( 99.997%) is approximately 1000mg/ml
and is the burning taste flavor you are getting a dry wick condition?

for a 1.5 mg/ml juice, you will use 1.5 ml of 100 nic base in a mixed bottle size of 100 ml

for example, I do 36 nic so I use 36ml of 100nic base in a 100 ml bottle topped off with 14ml of flavor and 50 ml of VG thus a total of 100ml @ 36nic...

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Might want to have someone confirm your experience on your equipment.
I vape at 1%, 30/70. No problems and satisfy my nic requirement. I think some folks are a more sensitive to nic than others.
I have not tried this but read this once as a solution. The peppery taste may be reduced by pouring out the nic into a large clean glass bowl. Place a clean layer of cheese cloth over the bowl. Store and let sit in a cool dark place for 24 hours--(steeping nic). Place nic back into original container--mix and steep at least 2 weeks. Might be worth a try.
Hang in there.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Hey guys, new here and to DIY. I am trying to find some help! Been having a hard time getting into DIY because of some harsh peppery juices..

My setup is an iStick Eleaf 50w with an Atlantis sub ohm (3ohm coil) tank. Usually vape at around 20w-30w

Iv'e been having a hard time with a couple different types of nic. Note that I tried all combos without flavors first and have never had any sensitivity problems with PG. I even mixed up just PG/VG at 50/50 and no problems at all. There is a difference between the throat hit and this harsh burning I've been experiencing

• I first tried whatever brand ecigexpress sells. Got a 30pg/70vg 3mg mix. It was unvapeable. It burned the .... out of my throat like suckin down razor blades.

• Second I tried VapersTek 100mg/ml pg base. Made a 10ml with 30/70 and .3ml of nic (3%). Still burning like a ..... I even hit them up and exchanged it, thought they had made a mistake and sent me the TH blend. New batch is exactly the same

• Third I just got a batch of 100mg/ml pg base Nude Nic. Exact same mix as before with same result.
I even went as far as to cut my nic in half to 1.5mg/ml (just added another 10ml of pg/vg mix) and though this helped out a bit with the burning, its still a bit harsh. I have also steeped for about 2 weeks now with no difference.

I'm used to the premium stuff that has no peppery/harsh throat burn at all. All have been labeled as 3mg/ml and usually around 30/70 - 50/50. I did see some talk around here that premium juices may be labeled a higher strength than it actually is, but even at 1.5mg/ml why am i still getting this burn?

If this is how nic is supposed to be how the .... are some of you vaping at anything more than 3mg/ml?

TL;DR Tried NudeNic, ecigexpress flavorless, VapersTek. Mixing at 3mg/ml and no flavor. All my mixes cause Burning/harsh/peppery throat. PG/VG mix with no nic has no burning at all. HELP

Sounds wierd those are all some good nics, far better than any we had a few years ago.

Are you getting a nic buzz? Your mixing math may be off, double check.. 3mg should be a breeze. Maybe your at 30mg?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

My setup is an iStick Eleaf 50w with an Atlantis sub ohm (3ohm coil) tank. Usually vape at around 20w-30w

1: sort of thing happens when you don't pay attention to decimal points;
like putting 3ohm when you mean 0.3ohms

2: I think most people vaping 30+watts don't vape much higher than 3mg/ml.

Reactions: JeremyR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread