Burnt taste from new coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
How do you 'ruin' a coil head by priming it?

It's still priming a head by leaving it in a full tank for 10 minutes and taking a few unpowered pulls on it before firing it.

It's also a good idea to start at a lower power (when applicable) and to work up to where you like it over the course of your first full tank or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi @Jondis.

Any coil can & should be primed (within reason, not making it too wet).

Now... there is an outside chance you're experiencing something that I once found with iClear30S coils, which are more or less the same except you have cotton filler, not silicone strands.
I had some where a bit of plastic in the top of the 'cartridge' (atomizer) section was melting. It was nasty. In the 6 months I used these, I had it three times.
It's possible... and a long shot... but worth mentioning.

Jondis

Jul 7, 2016
How do you 'ruin' a coil head by priming it?

It's still priming a head by leaving it in a full tank for 10 minutes and taking a few unpowered pulls on it before firing it.

It's also a good idea to start at a lower power (when applicable) and to work up to where you like it over the course of your first full tank or so.
The coil is NOT supposed to be primed and when he did it didn't produce any vapour at all. I've tried taking unpowered pulls but it doesn't change the taste. Also you can't change the power on an Endura t18

Jondis

Jul 7, 2016
Hi @Jondis.

Any coil can & should be primed (within reason, not making it too wet).

Now... there is an outside chance you're experiencing something that I once found with iClear30S coils, which are more or less the same except you have cotton filler, not silicone strands.
I had some where a bit of plastic in the top of the 'cartridge' (atomizer) section was melting. It was nasty. In the 6 months I used these, I had it three times.
It's possible... and a long shot... but worth mentioning.
When the coil was primed it didn't produce any vapour. What's the difference between cotton filler and silicone strands?

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
The coil is NOT supposed to be primed and when he did it didn't produce any vapour at all. I've tried taking unpowered pulls but it doesn't change the taste. Also you can't change the power on an Endura t18
Did you change out the coil? Once a coil is burnt the taste doesn't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread