Burnt taste in my VIVI-Nova tank....smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
New Orleans
Hello all, hope all is well. I recently bought a smoktech ZMAX and a couple VIVI-Nova tanks to vape with. The tank comes with two additional screw-on replaceable coil heads that easily allows you to interchange between 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8ohms. I took the stock one out and put in the 2.8. I've noticed that unless the tank is completely FULL, I get a burnt taste when vaping.

I figured the holes in the coil head allow juice to enter but the coil head is located at the top of the tank and whenever I vape enough juice to where is gets below that hole, a burning taste comes through!

has anyone experienced this problem? :confused::confused:

I am vaping at 4.4 Volts with the 2.8 ohm coil head

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
On the vivi nova i find it helps to tip it before I vape if it has been standing up. Once you get it going it seems to feed fine. It only happens if it sites a while. I also use thick juice either all VG or mostly VG so that seems to make a little diff. If it does it all the time try lowering you voltage just a bit. I noticed that the clearos and the vivi both take less wattage to do the job than my tanks. If you go over that magic wattage number it will burn. I'm talking a .2 voltage change. That has been my experience others may say diff.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Oh. On the vivi that little silicone nipple on the top of the atty can be put on wrong. If you look close there is a metal piece in that. On the inside of that metal piece there is a flat side and a beveled side. On the one I got the bevel goes up. I also dry burn that atty to clean it. All you have to do is not put on the tank. Take that little silicone thinge off and put you PV on a low voltage and then push the button on the PV a few times until it gets red. Do this until you see red almost across the whole coil. That burns off any crust. At least it seems to work for me. I us a water pic to clean the wick. Soak the atty fist in alcohol then I do the water pick thing then I do the dry burn.

JohnRuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
New Orleans
On the vivi nova i find it helps to tip it before I vape if it has been standing up. Once you get it going it seems to feed fine. It only happens if it sites a while. I also use thick juice either all VG or mostly VG so that seems to make a little diff. If it does it all the time try lowering you voltage just a bit. I noticed that the clearos and the vivi both take less wattage to do the job than my tanks. If you go over that magic wattage number it will burn. I'm talking a .2 voltage change. That has been my experience others may say diff.

smoking halo's freedom juice. Just moved my voltage to 3.2 and will experiment and post back my results. Thanks bro!

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
did not fool with that. the coil head screws on
For me in order to get the atty on tight I have to take that nipple off. It's not a big deal to get it back on you just have to put it funnel side up and flat down. If you are going to do a dry burn to clean the coil you really have to take that off.
My :2c: Worth.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
did not fool with that. the coil head screws on
I usually take that little thing off with tweezers and use my thumb nail to tighten the atty. Otherwise it will come lose. Then you put that nipple back on.
Shame they don't have good instructions on a lot of this stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread