Burnt taste on vivi nova 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
I got my vivi nova kit yesterday.
I first started out with the 1.8 ohm atty on my riva,clouds of vapour but couldn't get rid of the burnt taste unless
I dry hit it every other draw. Shook it making sure the wick was wet.
Tried another 1.8 ohm on the riva and on an ego passthrough with the same result.
I left it alone before vaping to make sure the wick would get wet enough.
Now i've moved on to the 2.4 ohm atty..tried both batteries with the same burnt taste unless i dry hit it between every draw. Its the same on my lavatube at 4v, terrible taste at 4.4v
I take long gentle draws when i vape.
They are advertised as vivi nova 2 on LF, short wicks, I assume i have the right version?
Am i doing something wrong,or are all of the 3 atties i've tried so far broken?

pir123

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Massachusetts
I had not so much a burnt taste, but a "silicone" taste at first -- and boiling, then soaking the heads in vodka, then doing a few dry burns fixed that for me. Also I was unable to use the 1.8 head ad anything over 3 volts. The 2.8 head does work at 3.7 -- but I prefer it around 3.3. The nova (at least the heads I have) seem to like a MUCH lower voltage than other devices, even at the same ohm rating. I'm not sure exactly why that is, but I've settled on the 2.8 head at around 3.3v and am getting consistent good performance. When I use it on my 3.7 batteries, I have to let it rest, on its side, at least 10-20 seconds between hits in order for every hit to taste good.

I have the "v2.5" heads, that have the long wicks, so I'm not sure about the v2 short wick heads.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
I had not so much a burnt taste, but a "silicone" taste at first -- and boiling, then soaking the heads in vodka, then doing a few dry burns fixed that for me. Also I was unable to use the 1.8 head ad anything over 3 volts. The 2.8 head does work at 3.7 -- but I prefer it around 3.3. The nova (at least the heads I have) seem to like a MUCH lower voltage than other devices, even at the same ohm rating. I'm not sure exactly why that is, but I've settled on the 2.8 head at around 3.3v and am getting consistent good performance. When I use it on my 3.7 batteries, I have to let it rest, on its side, at least 10-20 seconds between hits in order for every hit to taste good.

I have the "v2.5" heads, that have the long wicks, so I'm not sure about the v2 short wick heads.

That's interesting. What device are you using? I use the 2.4 ohm heads at 4.2 volts and have no issues. Over 4.5 and they started to taste burnt.

Also, hi neighbor.

pir123

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Massachusetts
Hey there Mr. Giant,

It's an unbranded mini "lavatube". I'm using 50/50 naturally-extracted tobacco juices... which (apparently) are notoriously difficult to work with, but I like the flavor. I can't stand the taste of most artificial flavors. I'm totally happy with the 2.8 head at ~3.3v - it provides a ton of vapor & flavor, the TH is medium at most (even @18mg) but I like it that way, and at that voltage, even when chain vaping I get a good hit every time. Even at only 3.7 v (either set on the LT or my big ego-style batts) the juice I'm using just doesn't wick fast enough to keep the coil wet, unless I'm very careful. I do sometimes go up to 3.5 or even 3.7, but never for long, since I find it quite satisfying at the lower voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread