Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I'm so frustrated that I'm getting ready to give up on the 510! I've done everything I can think of to get rid of the nasty burnt flavor I get after vaping awhile with my 510. I've tried nearly every cart mod in this forum, bought new atties, new juices (different suppliers) and still get this taste. It leaves my mouth almost sore and coated with a puke film. It's fine for the first few drops of juice but when the atty heats up (it seems) the taste comes back.

I soaked one atty in Crest Mouthwash and blow the other attys out often, but still no luck. The taste doesn't feel right and I'm getting quite concerned. When I do a dry burn the smell of something (toxic smelling) doesn't stop.

I need to figure this out soon or I'm afraid I'll go back to analogs and that would break my heart!!! Should I buy a different PV? Please help!

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I'm so frustrated that I'm getting ready to give up on the 510! I've done everything I can think of to get rid of the nasty burnt flavor I get after vaping awhile with my 510. I've tried nearly every cart mod in this forum, bought new atties, new juices (different suppliers) and still get this taste. It leaves my mouth almost sore and coated with a puke film. It's fine for the first few drops of juice but when the atty heats up (it seems) the taste comes back.

I soaked one atty in Crest Mouthwash and blow the other attys out often, but still no luck. The taste doesn't feel right and I'm getting quite concerned. When I do a dry burn the smell of something (toxic smelling) doesn't stop.

I need to figure this out soon or I'm afraid I'll go back to analogs and that would break my heart!!! Should I buy a different PV? Please help!

Don't give up!!!! Last thing you need to do is go back to analogs.

I read a post last night by Sun (Vapor??) regarding an influx of posts about bad attys, more than usual.

Nothing wrong with the info posted here by others but I think you need
to send this to this experts forum ... asap.

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Thanks, I posted it on the expert forum but would also like to talk to others having this problem.

It's happened to all 8 of my attys bought since Jan 1st. I'm trying a new one (last one!) now and making sure it stays very wet.

Once an atty gets that taste is it basically gone? Will it always have that taste? My house smells like burnt cr**!!

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
im having this problem too with 3 901 attys and 1 of my 510 attys...i havent tried any potions to fix them im waiting for an expert to magically pm me and tell me what to do???!!!!thanks for posting this ill be watching this space : o(

ps. i use carts all the time...i sometimes flood the atty...is this the problem in my case?

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Sounds like you're letting the atty get too dry. I always get a nasty tasting vape with a dry atty. I drip most of the time, and have to re drip every 4-5 hits on my 6v device. If I notice the flavor drop, I drip. Same thing with carts, top it off when flavor drops. How many good hits do you get before the nasty flavor shows up?

I'm using the blue foam/fluval straw mod and get about 12+ drops in a cart. I take about 10 small hits before topping off and can only add about 3 or 4 drops. So I don't think I'm letting it get dry. :cry:

glennnnnnn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Scarborough UK
Im newly into vaping and I have both 901's and 510's

I wrapped up my 510's tonight and put them back in the pack

I must be missing something too, as Im let down by my 510, I get little vapor, and only a burnt flavor, bu the throat hit is OK

When I say OK, what I really mean is is makes my throat wish I hadnt done it

My 901's on the other hand, smooth, plumes of vapor, and I get all the flavors

One thing I will say I have learned so far is not to mess around with your attys too much, just blow them out and dry them off, and keep loads of liquid handy

Hope you get some good advice

Glenn

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
Try this and tell me how it works for you.

If your cart is mostly filled, then leave it as is, put 2 drops on the bridge and take a good pull, now place the 501 vertically tip side up so the warm liquid wicks down onto the bridge for a couple minutes, then take another pull and repeat his process. I try not to leave my 510 lay flat if I don't have to.

Now if your atty gets flooded, instead of tip side up try tip side down. Then you can find your happy place and alternate as necessary (tip up or tip down).

A happy atty is a well behaved atty.

o CUBBY o

Dec 10, 2009
California
I was just about to post on my own but I saw this first. I've had nothing but problems with the last batch of 510 atomizers I ordered. I ordered a 5 pack from TW and every single one of them turned into this horrid taste within 24 hours. This is not the same taste of a dry atty. It is much much worse, to me it tastes like burnt plastic. One of them made me down right nauseous. I've tried just about everything, nothing seems to work. The thing that's worrying me is what have I been smoking that tastes sooooo bad, almost chemical like? The thing that really sucks is I just spent $50 on an unwarrantied 5 pack.
Anyway, I've actually been hearing this scenario quite a bit the last couple days.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I was just about to post on my own but I saw this first. I've had nothing but problems with the last batch of 510 atomizers I ordered. I ordered a 5 pack from TW and every single one of them turned into this horrid taste within 24 hours. This is not the same taste of a dry atty. It is much much worse, to me it tastes like burnt plastic. One of them made me down right nauseous. I've tried just about everything, nothing seems to work. The thing that's worrying me is what have I been smoking that tastes sooooo bad, almost chemical like? The thing that really sucks is I just spent $50 on an unwarrantied 5 pack.
Anyway, I've actually been hearing this scenario quite a bit the last couple days.

This is what I'm talking about, not the taste of a dry atty. It taste and smells like something toxic and leaves the smell in the house. When I woke up this morning I had a sore mouth. It's a nasty, nasty taste and nothing like a dry atty.

I asked Cignot if they had any complaints and she said it's caused from an atty drying out. She said they have only had one complaint and the guy put a few drops of juice on the wick and that solved the problem. hmmmm. Didn't for me.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I would like to know how many are having this problem but how would one differentiate between a dry atty and this unless they've experienced it? I'm not comfortable waiting too long to know whether I should keep using it or buy a different brand PV. I've spent a lot of money on the (several) Joye 510s I have and money is tight.

ALC

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Ohio
I have the exact same problem. I have a 401, 501, and V4L 808. I ordered my 501 from TW and I hate it. I called to complain and they wouldn't do anything for me and said that no one else is complaining.

I have had some success with the following: First, I bought blank carts and rinsed them with hot water. Next I filled the stuffing outside the cart and inserted it back and finished filling. The final thing that I noticed is everytime I top off, it is a MUST to drip on the atty. I do use V4L flavors because they seem to overpower the burnt taste the best, especially the standard menthol. I have found that the regular tobacco flavors will not cut it when it comes to that taste. I do know what you mean about the sore throat. I noticed also that you should only take about 6 hits and immediately top off and drip the atty to prevent that burn taste that lingers.

At this point, I think the problem is the carts, not the atty. I think it is because the 501 atty burns so hot compared to any others and it is actually burning the filling in the carts. I mean think about it, the filling in the carts is basically pillow stuffing (i.e. plastic), so the hotter it gets the more chemical flavor you are going to get; just my own theory by the way.

I have read on the forum that you can put a 901 cart on the 501 battery, so I am going to give that a try just so I can go a little longer w/o worrying so much about the burnt flavor and I don't have to re-top so frequently.

I do have to say my Vaporking is by far my fav. I am also goint to try the 901 atty on the 808 battery and see how that works as far as saving money and time with the cartomizers (they are way overrated when it comes to cost). I refill them and trust me they never taste the same as the new ones and flavor and vapor decreased drastically.

I hate to say it, but I think it time to give up the 501 unless you vape a strong flavor that can overpower that dreadful plastic flavor, like coffee or menthol. I can also say I get better results on the 501 knock-off version versus the Titan 501. I feel the Titan is severly overrated, and I will add it runs hotter which leads me back to my theory on the carts being the problem.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I am also getting this! I just bought a 510 disposable kit from madvapes. This is my first e-cig can someone tell me how I can remedy this situation? I was really excited about trying this out but I can't handle the burnt plastic taste.

When PVs are new they have a plastic-like taste until they're broken in. I don't know about the disposables as I've never tried one. Someone here will help you figure this out, I'm sure. Don't give up!

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Hmmm ... this is indeed odd.

Burnt atty, toxic smell, etc, etc.

I suggest that you blow out the atty as already recommended by glennn.
Go back to using the default poly-fill filler if you still have some.

If the problem remains then I guess it is a problem with the atty (faulty).

Even if you only used the poly-fill filler and never tried or used a cart mod there is no way you should be getting the reported smell, burning, toxic fumes.

BTW have you read Kristin's article
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-you-ever-wanted-know-about-your-510-a.html

If you haven't already done so, read it. You might come across something that may resolve this problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread