Burnt taste With Provari with new Boge cartomizer with Liquinator Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmattb25

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
St. Louis
I am still pretty new at this but I use the 3 ohm cartos on my liquinator. I haven't taken it over 5.0v but it still tastes great at that setting. I also make sure to saturate the inside of the carto if it's fresh or give it some time to absorb the liquid before I screw it down and fire it up. I learned the hard way to not fire up a dry carto or the burnt taste never seems to go away. I hope that helps you out some.

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
I am still pretty new at this but I use the 3 ohm cartos on my liquinator. I haven't taken it over 5.0v but it still tastes great at that setting. I also make sure to saturate the inside of the carto if it's fresh or give it some time to absorb the liquid before I screw it down and fire it up. I learned the hard way to not fire up a dry carto or the burnt taste never seems to go away. I hope that helps you out some.
Thanks, in the past I have not saturated the carto, as the carto wicked really fast. The new ones I bought have smaller punched holes, so maybe that is the issue!:toast:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Try widening the holes and let the tank sit for a while to saturate before vaping it. Thick liquids with high VG content will be slow to saturate in any carto. Try some juice with a 70pg/30vg or 100%pg to see if that's the problem.

You can also use this method to saturate a punched carto as well. Let it sit in the condom for 5 minutes before removing.

Last edited:

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Wow...thanks for the good advise and going the extra mile to find the video for me! Good info, I'll give it a try!
Try widening the holes and let the tank sit for a while to saturate before vaping it. Thick liquids with high VG content will be slow to saturate in any carto. Try some juice with a 70pg/30vg or 100%pg to see if that's the problem.

You can also use this method to saturate a punched carto as well. Let it sit in the condom for 5 minutes before removing.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
try giving some quick, hard, sucks on your carto without pushing the button. That should draw juice up into the carto. I had a 2ohm boge last week in a tank and I had to constantly vent it and give dry sucks to pull the juice up into it. I wouldn't use a tank without a fill/vent hole because sometimes I need to let some air IN the tank when it's not wicking too well and then sometimes I need to let some air OUT of the tank when it gets too much in it and then the air pressure inside the tank forces the juice into the carto and it floods. Momandpopvaporshop sells inexpensive tanks with vent/fill holes. I make my own tanks and drill holes in the side (and install a thumb screw) to have this option.

Last edited:

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Ok..thank you! Great information.
try giving some quick, hard, sucks on your carto without pushing the button. That should draw juice up into the carto. I had a 2ohm boge last week in a tank and I had to constantly vent it and give dry sucks to pull the juice up into it. I wouldn't use a tank without a fill/vent hole because sometimes I need to let some air IN the tank when it's not wicking too well and then sometimes I need to let some air OUT of the tank when it gets too much in it and then the air pressure inside the tank forces the juice into the carto and it floods. Momandpopvaporshop sells inexpensive tanks with vent/fill holes. I make my own tanks and drill holes in the side (and install a thumb screw) to have this option.

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Either you under filled the polyfill upon cracking open a fresh carto, had the voltage set too high or just got a doa. All of the above have happened to me at some point or another with those very same cartos. That being said, boge 2.0s in a lil mama pyrex tank are still my go-to vape on my provari for the past 2-3 months or so. When you get a good bore slapped inside a tank, they go and go like the damn energizer bunny!!!

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Either you under filled the polyfill upon cracking open a fresh carto, had the voltage set too high or just got a doa. All of the above have happened to me at some point or another with those very same cartos. That being said, boge 2.0s in a lil mama pyrex tank are still my go-to vape on my provari for the past 2-3 months or so. When you get a good bore slapped inside a tank, they go and go like the damn energizer bunny!!!
Good to know sobero4, it seems like I got it all worked out. I think I'll just take a little more time in prepping the carto before dialing up the voltage! I'm using a 50 50 juice mix and that seems to work just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread