Burnt taste wont go away! New atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyDream

Feb 11, 2012
United States
So I bought a vtube kit from apollo cigs, with a lot of accessories. Basically, the actual device is great, but I have a problem with the atomizer. They also screwed up everything else I ordered, but that is something I need to talk to them about. Anyway, I got a 3 ohm 510 atomizer with the kit and as usual it tasted burnt at first. I blew the primer out as much as I could but i have been vaping for about 3 hours just puffin it and making sure the atomizer stays nice and wet with my menthol ejuice. But the chemically burnt taste will NOT go away. It isn't even getting more mild at ALL! I can feel the coolness of the menthol but I cant taste the mintiness that I can smell from the bottle because it is overpowered by this disgusting industrial burnt taste that is making me gag. Every atomizer I have had did not taste this bad even after the pull and it completely went away after about 5. (note i have only owned 2 atomizers) I realize a burnt taste is normal, but to this extent? should I just keep vapin and drippin?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Nope, getting a burnt taste out of an atty isn't normal. Primer can taste nasty but it only lasts so long and shouldn't be an issue even after a half dozen draws. What voltage do you have this thing running at? I'm more suspicious that you are running your vtube too hot, either for the atty, the liquid, or both. Higher voltage doesn't necessarily mean a better vape

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Higher voltage doesn't necessarily mean a better vape

Taste is EXTREMELY subjective and I had this pointed out to me at a meetup recently. A few guys were vaping a juice one of them made, and they were running their mods pretty hot--over 8watts--and seemed to LOVE it. In my mod, any setting above abut 4.5 watts made the same juice taste (to me) like smoldering dirty jockstraps.

In fact, I prefer almost ALL my current juices in the 3-45 watt range (or from 3.0-4.2 volts) In other words, I pretty much ONLY use the bottom 20% of my power curve--almost ALL juices taste like burnt ... if I go higher than that.

Different strokes for different folks. If your atty tastes burnt, then back off on the power--you'd be surprised just ho much difference a few volts (or watts) can make...

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
atty, not carto... and its like brand new how can it be bad

Understand that ALL cartos and any atty that isn't custom-built is made in China by slave labor. QA/QC is virtually non-existent in Chinese manufacturing, and so there is a distinct possibility that occasionally a defective atty or carto makes it into the retail stream.

If it was in fact DOA, most retailers will replace it, if you haven't been using it for a week or something. Contact the seller, andsee if they will make it good for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread