Status
Not open for further replies.

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
Did you "prime" the wick and coil first? That's really important. Priming is a matter of making sure the coil and wick material are good and wet with juice before your first puff. Also, with a 2.2ohm coil, you don't need much power to run it and maybe your wattage/voltage is to high?

I always recommend that you start at a very low wattage/voltage on a coil and bump it up to what it should be during the "break in" period.

Be careful about how much you cut from that silicone piece, it's there to not only keep everything in place, but to prevent flooding from to much juice.

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
^^ I agree with everything MoDmAnDaN suggests and also this--- is your juice VG rich, say 70-80 percent VG? if so your CE5 could be clogging and your getting a dry hit

Steven is correct, a CE5 was really meant for thinner juices as silica doesn't wick as fast as other wick material.

But you do have an advantage with silica. Once the coil itself gets gunk built up, you can rinse, dry and dry-burn it back to clean.

Reactions: Steven Pye

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
I think looking for a thinner juice would be a good option- if you get the flavor of the juice for 2 puffs then it turns to burnt, leads me to think that the wicks in the coil are not able to keep up with the juice you have due to the thickness.
The CE5 for your style of battery is actually a pretty good choice- try to aim for a juice that is 50/50 or higher PG, and I do not think you will have such an issue.

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
3.7 volts at 2.2ohm is a nice place to be at-

wattage chart.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread