Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to vaping (3 months, no analogs this month) but I just can't avoid spreading the news to others within my circle of friends and acquaintances...even the curious passers by. I started vaping on a promise to two close friends who wanted to see me quit my 2 pack a day habit. I said if they try it I will quit smoking. I quit cold turkey once and it stuck for three years. Wish I heard about these before I started up again 2 years ago.

Three people to start, myself and my girl were sold instantly and my roomy...well she still smokes but half as much now and feeling better for it. Since then I have turned on about 6 more people that I know and have no idea how the dozens of curious enough to ask have followed up my referral to the local B&M store I frequent.

Seems a lot of people just don't know anything more than those cigalike e-cigs and had no idea that this is a seriously viable alternative to smoking highly taxed poison. I'm very cautious to tell people that this is not necessarily a way to quit their nicotine habit rather than it is a more eco-friendly, health friendly alternative delivery system for their nicotine needs. I do tell them many have managed to quit nicotine all together using e-cigs.

I don't sell anything although maybe I should look into it when I'm more experienced...I like to help others where I can.

So I'm wondering...how long were you vaping before you started to share your success, with confidence, to loved ones and strangers alike? How was your feedback? Have you managed to defray costs of your own by getting some sort of residuals from either supplying your new converts or discounts from your favorite vendors?

Just curious...success breeds success and the more traction vaping gets the harder it's going to be for the government to stop the people from getting what they want. imo

Quick edit; how can I set my preferences to allow this thread to go to my inbox...or my BB HUB? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Congrats on your success! I've been free almost 3 months now. After the first few weeks, I started telling my friends and co-workers. I really only share it when asked about it. Although I offer as much support as possible to those who are trying to quit via vaping.

Unfortunately, those who turned me on to vaping quickly stopped vaping and returned to analogs.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm new to vaping (3 months, no analogs this month) but I just can't avoid spreading the news to others within my circle of friends and acquaintances...even the curious passers by. I started vaping on a promise to two close friends who wanted to see me quit my 2 pack a day habit. I said if they try it I will quit smoking. I quit cold turkey once and it stuck for three years. Wish I heard about these before I started up again 2 years ago.

Three people to start, myself and my girl were sold instantly and my roomy...well she still smokes but half as much now and feeling better for it. Since then I have turned on about 6 more people that I know and have no idea how the dozens of curious enough to ask have followed up my referral to the local B&M store I frequent.

Seems a lot of people just don't know anything more than those cigalike e-cigs and had no idea that this is a seriously viable alternative to smoking highly taxed poison. I'm very cautious to tell people that this is not necessarily a way to quit their nicotine habit rather than it is a more eco-friendly, health friendly alternative delivery system for their nicotine needs. I do tell them many have managed to quit nicotine all together using e-cigs.

I don't sell anything although maybe I should look into it when I'm more experienced...I like to help others where I can.

So I'm wondering...how long were you vaping before you started to share your success, with confidence, to loved ones and strangers alike? How was your feedback? Have you managed to defray costs of your own by getting some sort of residuals from either supplying your new converts or discounts from your favorite vendors?

Just curious...success breeds success and the more traction vaping gets the harder it's going to be for the government to stop the people from getting what they want. imo

Quick edit; how can I set my preferences to allow this thread to go to my inbox...or my BB HUB? Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome.

concur with Stosh.
To set up what is called a subscription(no money involved) just go to the top of this page and under thread tools, hit the subscribe to this thread. Then in settings, on the left hand side, go to general settings and scroll down. You should see where you have the option of choosing if you want an email or not.

:)

Reactions: Dieseler

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
So I'm wondering...how long were you vaping before you started to share your success, with confidence, to loved ones and strangers alike? I don't recall the exact amount of time but it was pretty soon after starting that I was saying: "If vaping had been available when I started smoking, I would have vaped instead."

How was your feedback? One youngster who smoked hit me with the anit-freeze thing plus other nonsense which I refuted. I gave him my backup 510s and PCC. He's now a vaper. The others were smokers interested in saving money and I told them how much I had saved vaping... let them try my vape and they now vape. So far vaping only failed to take on one smoker but she has multiple and very unhealthy "addictions" including food. Once she takes up a habit of any kind she sticks with it. I think she just has one of those addictive personalities. She does, however, vape and smoke as she can drive a company car and get her nic without smoking in it.

Have you managed to defray costs of your own by getting some sort of residuals from either supplying your new converts or discounts from your favorite vendors? Ugh... most definitely not! Wouldn't even think of it. I do, however, hand out vendor business cards received with my orders to many, many, people I see often in smoking areas who can't afford the local shark B&M prices.

patkin " So far vaping only failed to take on one smoker " You can't change the world all by yourself but at least your doing your part in cleaning up your own area. Thanks for taking the time to care 'n share.

OT- I was taking the free bus home New Years eve and the bus was packed with mostly university students. Including myself there was at least a half dozen vape'n hot 'n heavy...driver didn't say a word. I usually stealth vape if there's no kids around and have had no complaints about the smell...who's got a problem with butter rum anyway...but I've asked the driver outright a few times when getting on and the answer is always no...guess it's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy around these parts.

Won't be long before folks will be applying for parade licenses for vapors and thems that loves 'em. :D

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
2 close friends converted me, and so far, I have converted one more. He is down to a couple of stinkies a week, but mentioned last night that each one he has tastes progressively worse. I give him another week before he is smoke free.

As to the antifreeze comment, let me tell you what has worked for me in stopping that argument dead in it's tracks. When someone tells me that PG is used for antifreeze, I tell them "Yep. I use it to winterize the fresh water system in my boat because I end up drinking what comes out of it durng the summer. PG is safe for consumption - and that amount of Vodka is just too damn expensive.". Shuts them right up.

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I started buying blister pack ego kits to give away free the first week I was vaping, I was so impressed. I got my husband on to vaping, then his mother and then my sister. A month later I gave one to my sister in law, and my IT director decided to buy one for himself. He, however, did buy what I recommended, from the websites I recommended and I believe he got a knock off T3 set. It leaked the first few days he had it and he nearly gave up on vaping. I got vape mail at work a few weeks later and gave him an extra iClear 16b tank I got that I didn't really need. He loved it, and for the first time he's talking about quitting cigarettes. My last vape mail order I offered to include him in and he gave me cash to buy him extra coils, an extra iClear 16b tank and some juice. Apparently, he's just going to have me order for him for the time being, as he learns.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
I pass it on to everyone who will listen. Whether or not they smoked before. I'm not trying to convert the non-smokers, just trying to enlighten them as to what I am doing and why I am doing it. What we need is an educated society so they know that us former smokers are doing this to be healthy and not polluting their space with the toxins that are in cigarettes. The more that understand the more our cause grows. Keep up your awesome work and best of luck to you!! :toast:

I pass it on to everyone who will listen. Whether or not they smoked before. I'm not trying to convert the non-smokers, just trying to enlighten them as to what I am doing and why I am doing it. What we need is an educated society so they know that us former smokers are doing this to be healthy and not polluting their space with the toxins that are in cigarettes. The more that understand the more our cause grows. Keep up your awesome work and best of luck to you!! :toast:

~smiles fer miles~ an apropos op for a pilfered passage...to wit...'n wisdom...let Mark be heard....

'Friends, Vapors, countrymen, lend me your ears...I come to bury Big T, not to praise them...the evil those men do lives after them...and the good is not oft interred with their lungs.'

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Tinkiegrrl...you are a saintess...bless your heart

$15, 650 mAh, VV ego with a bottom coil clearo that took Evod coils. Acted as a passthrough as well. Where I am, a pack of cigarettes are $14, so the blister pack was a no brainer. I was saving plenty of money not buying cigarettes for myself (smoked a pack and a half per day), so I was able to afford to try and spread the joy of vaping. I'd link to where I got the blister packs, but they're sold out now.

Ultra-X

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Memphis, TN, USA
hi fdylstyx,

Just to share:
Found out 1 co-worker started vaping when i did.
One other co-worker started to try vaping, not sure how well she's doing though.
i got enough gear now (due to a great purchase here, part PIF sell) so i can share with others this coming week.
heard that b&m here in memphis, tennessee area not so great but i'll have to go look them up soon, for this third co-worker,
he's "old school" and will only convert if it's eazy peazy, already told him, it's not as easy as smoking, but it's worth the effort to try.
i'll hint to my boss soon as she smokes but she needs to quit smoking for health reasons.

There are a few more smokers at my work place and we'll get to each one eventually.

As for trying to cash back in, i feel like i won't be as effective converting people if i try to joose them.
However, as you had mentioned, success does breed success and it would be interesting to get more vape going here in my area.
Cigarettes are not what i would consider "super over-priced" here in my area so there would be more difficulty getting new converts who don't smoke more than a pack-a-day. 5 bux a pack ... yes, they would save, but only after some time and not immediately, so it's up to individual to make the decision if there is worthiness to make the switch.

:2c:
Happy Vaping / Be Healthy / Happy New Year.

Ultra-X said, among other things..."Cigarettes are not what i would consider "super over-priced" here in my area so there would be more difficulty getting new converts who don't smoke more than a pack-a-day."...I do think that a major factor for most switching over to vaping is money. Most people know the costs, both for the analog product and the costs of dealing with the plethora of health symptoms caused by long term smoking. Everyone pays real dollars for Big T in one way or another.

My big concern is government involvement by way of forcing the price of vaping up to or near the cost of analogs, thus making it easier for those who (for whatever reason) find nicotine an attractive component of their lifestyle to choose the less attractive analogs simply because they're easy to use.

I've run into places and people where even the vapour from an e-cig is not welcomed. Some hospitals allow it within the building, some only for patients and not visitors and staff. Others banish vapors off the property along with the smokers under penalty of a fine or worse. I certainly understand it's just the right thing to do to refrain from smoking or vaping near children (impressionable) and those sensitive to all scents.

I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that vaping...although not perfect...is a far far better choice than smoking and the people (market) should be the one's who are allowed the choice. Of course there should be checks and balances for quality control but it's a shame that the right to choose may eventually come down to those who lobby for their interests the most effectively. Vapors are not a politicized group on the whole I think.

I just hope it doesn't come down to becoming a punishable crime to be a DIYer...how rediculous would that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread