Buyers guide to REO’s mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Hello, I’m thinking of buying a REO. I’m not sure what size batteries the different models take, or if they are all 18650. Also unsure of the differences between the mods, and which one would be best for taking along during the work day. It looks like the minis are the most portable. I’m not interested in the p67, it’s pricey and seem kinda chunky.

Can anyone fill me in?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I only have an original Reo Grand. Yeah, the kind with the well on top that will only accept 16mm (?) atomizers. I'm using an old Reomizer V2. Works fine if you like MTL vaping.

The Reo Grand and Reo Grand LP, Reo Grand SL, and P67 all take 18650. The Reo Minis take 14500.

The Reo Grand LP, Reo Grand SL, and P67 will accept larger atomizers. The Original Reo Grand and Reo Mini will only accommodate smaller atomizers.

If it were my decision, I would choose the P67. It's actually not a lot larger, and is a lot sleeker. The difference between the P67 and the Reo Grand LP boils down to flat top vs raised deck, and side fire vs top mounted fire.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi!

I've got a pair of Grand LPs. I love them, and can recommend them to anyone. I do suggest you consider replacing the stock bottle with a softer one. They become easier to use in practice. @Shawn Hoefer has told you what you need to know; none of them are huge, but the P67 is the largest. They are single 18650 (except the Mini) mechanical squonk mods; and if that's where you want to be, they're near heaven on Earth.

You do understand how to use a mech mod, right, and are comfortable within those limitations?

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Hi!

I've got a pair of Grand LPs. I love them, and can recommend them to anyone. I do suggest you consider replacing the stock bottle with a softer one. They become easier to use in practice. @Shawn Hoefer has told you what you need to know; none of them are huge, but the P67 is the largest. They are single 18650 (except the Mini) mechanical squonk mods; and if that's where you want to be, they're near heaven on Earth.

You do understand how to use a mech mod, right, and are comfortable within those limitations?

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Awesome.
Thanks for asking. Ive never used a mech, but I understand the limitations: power is a function of resistance, power will drop as the battery depletes, batteries can not be allowed to get too low. No adjustability, no safety features.
Mechs never appealed, but my picos are nearly two years old and there is some legislation on the horizon in my state, so the durability and simplicity of a mech mod is looking more appealing.

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Is there a particular reason why you want a Reo? Was a fantastic option back in the day, but there are so many better options nowadays in my opinion. Is it just a mechanical squonker that you are looking for?
Funny you should ask. I like the design and durability. But I slept on it; and I really can’t justify the expense at this time. I’ll be looking into something else.

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Happy to make some recommendations is durability is the key element here?
Happy to hear them, thank you!
This would be ideal:
Durable mech squonk mod, 18650 cell or bigger, portable, locking switch (or pocket “safe”), 7ml +/- bottle, accommodates an atty up to 24mm, under $100.

I like the Dotsquonk but it has no lock on the switch. I ordered a Pulse BF cos is checks most of the boxes and is cheap. It’s ugly though, and I don’t expect it to be particularly durable. It’ll make a good backup.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Happy to hear them, thank you!
This would be ideal:
Durable mech squonk mod, 18650 cell or bigger, portable, locking switch (or pocket “safe”), 7ml +/- bottle, accommodates an atty up to 24mm, under $100.

I like the Dotsquonk but it has no lock on the switch. I ordered a Pulse BF cos is checks most of the boxes and is cheap. It’s ugly though, and I don’t expect it to be particularly durable. It’ll make a good backup.

What are your thoughts on 3d printed mods? Are you a Facebook user and happy to buy there, or are you looking for more of a mainstream store?

FWIW, I personally wouldn’t touch the dot squonk. Unless there has been a recent revision, the switch did not come apart and therefore could not be cleaned. A ridiculous design when the feature of ANY mech mod is that they require regular maintenance. In essence, I see that mod as a very expensive disposable mod.

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
What are your thoughts on 3d printed mods? Are you a Facebook user and happy to buy there, or are you looking for more of a mainstream store?

FWIW, I personally wouldn’t touch the dot squonk. Unless there has been a recent revision, the switch did not come apart and therefore could not be cleaned. A ridiculous design when the feature of ANY mech mod is that they require regular maintenance. In essence, I see that mod as a very expensive disposable mod.
Oh, bummer on that. Yeah something didn’t feel right about it.

I have no problem with 3D printed, but I deleted my FB account about a month ago. I could probably set up a quick account if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread