Buying Alien Fused Clapton’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Hi all,

So I’ve been busy working, vaping, making juice and repeating (sleeping/eating as time permits :p).

I’ve had some really, REALLY good coils in since I last posted - Cloud Revolutions Game Over! Fused Aliens, goes brilliant in my Bonza RTA and the clouds.....HOLY S$&@ THE CLOUDS!!!! So glad I watched The vaping Bogan and if you’re reading this mate, awesome reviews and vids your opinion is BANG ON!! Was running the Bonza in my Wismec Predator but lately I’ve been just dandy with my Pulse Squonk (not too fussed with the squonking bit until I get a proper refill bottle).

Anyway long story short the coils are still going strong but I have no backups and I am looking to make my own, but I have no idea about where to get the wire as-is (pre made to the point where you cut and twist) or what’s required in actually making them if I were to start from scratch. Is anyone aware of where I might find a pre-made spool of the stuff?

For reference here’s the link to the coil that I’m after (Alien Series is the particular variant):

GAME OVER MAN! - ALIEN FUSED CLAPTON COILS

And as far as wire quality I’d prefer to avoid the Chinese wire and get the Sandvik stuff or European/American milled steel if I can.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated :)

Escapetovape.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
For the spools of pre-wrapped wire, I am unaware of anyone but Chinese companies that make/sell it. All of the coils using high quality wire as your requesting seem to be hand wrapped, to the best of my knowledge. If it was readily available on pre-made spools, that would put a huge dent in the hand made coil market and make it so everyone could produce high quality coils and sell them.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
For the spools of pre-wrapped wire, I am unaware of anyone but Chinese companies that make/sell it. All of the coils using high quality wire as your requesting seem to be hand wrapped, to the best of my knowledge. If it was readily available on pre-made spools, that would put a huge dent in the hand made coil market and make it so everyone could produce high quality coils and sell them.

Not necessarily, I mean it wouldn’t put a dent so much as change the revenue stream. If they’re completely hand made as you say - they might be able to sell spools of the same wire, and people would still have to cut/wrap them but it would need to be a margin based on whatever the spools cost which the manufacturer would determine.

At the end of the day if it’s a case of just buying the premade coils that’s fine, for the longevity of the coil the price really does make it worthwhile. I was curious if it were possible to buy in spools and I could wrap them myself.

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Not necessarily, I mean it wouldn’t put a dent so much as change the revenue stream. If they’re completely hand made as you say - they might be able to sell spools of the same wire, and people would still have to cut/wrap them but it would need to be a margin based on whatever the spools cost which the manufacturer would determine.

At the end of the day if it’s a case of just buying the premade coils that’s fine, for the longevity of the coil the price really does make it worthwhile. I was curious if it were possible to buy in spools and I could wrap them myself.
As a coil builder, I can say it would be quite a task for an individual to hand wrap a long enough piece of wire to fill a spool. A tube of wire shots would be doable though.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
As a coil builder, I can say it would be quite a task for an individual to hand wrap a long enough piece of wire to fill a spool. A tube of wire shots would be doable though.

Funny you mention that - I actually contacted Cloud revolutions and they said the same thing. So see what transpires. If I can though I’d be happy because their quality is insanely good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread