Buying an Ego, is this one good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
I'm buying an ego soon. I saw this on Liberty Flights which looks good. I know there is a lot of fakes going around though so wanted to check to see if this is the real deal?

CE4 eGo

Also how exactly does a cleromizer work? what's the difference between that and a carto? or tank?

Thanks people

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Not a bad "introductory" setup

Clearomizer is similar to a tank, however you can't open it up to clean it out or change the coil/wicking head (they do have newer technology clearomizers that are "serviceable" (aka open em up like a mini tank) )

Carto and a carto tank is a metal covered cartomizer that slides up inside a holding system that allows small metered amounts of fluid to soak up into the wicking material inside the cartomizer

Best place to start is below...read the sticky's then if you have any more questions...everyone here is more than willing to help
The ECF Library

Wait...what...you have 501 posts????????

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
If i wanted to buy everything seperately, could i use this battery (really cool) eGo Spinner Batteries with this clearomizer? CE4 eGo Clearomizer. The reason i ask is because the more powerful the battery, the better right?

p.s i also wanted to check as i don't want to buy something and it not work together and/or cause a fire because it's not right for that part etc;'

Yes i have been a longtime poster on this forum but i took some time out.

Last edited:

gmoney$

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
California
If i wanted to buy everything seperately, could i use this battery (really cool) eGo Spinner Batteries with this clearomizer? CE4 eGo Clearomizer. The reason i ask is because the more powerful the battery, the better right?

p.s i also wanted to check as i don't want to buy something and it not work together and/or cause a fire because it's not right for that part etc;'

Yes i have been a longtime poster on this forum but i took some time out.

Yeah. The confusion is that the CE4 name refers to the tank -- the juice vaporizing and delivery system -- and the ego is the battery. There is some marketing and kit/packaging language being used there. Yes you can get a ego spinner battery and a ce4 clearomizer separately, and the advanage of the spinner is variable voltage, allowing you to set the power of your vape (in very basic terms).

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
Spinner is choice.

Great device for a beginner: would be a EVOD. They're easy to fill, reliable and very easy to replace the heads and rebuild them if/when you are ready. Such similer devices but different looks are as follows : EVOD, MT3S, MT4, T3, T32, T3s, T4, X6S , REM, V2 , KWX6 , X9 Protank, Protank 2, Protankmini, KWX5, PURITANK, Davide Mini Glassomizer etc. Pick up any of the listed devices and a few replacement heads (heating coils) for easy consistent vap.
All of these are BCC,
Sample set : fasttech.com/products/0/10004766/1368502-ego-evod-6-in-1-rechargeable-900mah-electronic
EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer: fasttech.com/products/0/10004691/1363501-evod-electronic-cigarettes-round-mouth-atomizer-15
EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Atomizer Heating Core (5-Pack) : fasttech.com/product/1387600

Above totals under 30 bucks and you will be sailing smooth.

Cheers

aufin

Sep 1, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
That's the same setup I started with. Worked just fine for me since April. Finally got a grip on what this e-cig stuff is all about and recently went to the EVOD tank so I could replace the coils instead of replacing the entire tank. The EVOD also draws better than the CE4's and 5's......doesn't seem to hold as much juice as the CE4 and 5, but I still like the EVOD better. And ..... I'm still using the same 650 batteries.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Being an eGo- only user for quite awhile, and reading bad stories on here about the cheap ones, I personally can't recommend any other than Joyetech now.

If you shop around you can find them almost as cheap as the cheap ones. Quality built to last with protection circuits that'll keep you safe and up and running.

IMHO the PV is where you want to spend the good money.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 10, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Ego batteries are a good choice, but like some have pointed out, some of the clones aren't so great.

Joyetech does make a great Ego. Vision Spinner is a solid choice. I have read some good things about the Kgo also. And the CE4 will fit just about any device out there. For a first kit, as long as the Ego is decent, that is a good choice, not a lot of money and allows you to try many different things. The Spinner you mentioned is definitely a step up from the one in the kit, as you know you can adjust the voltage on Spinners and Twists. This is a plus, some juices and delivery systems work better at different voltages.

As for the quality of the Spinner, I have the 1300 MAH, and it has been a great device.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread