• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Buzz factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Hey all,
I am new to vaping, have been sober for over 2 years, and smoking is my last vice. (well at least that I'll admit) When ordering my ecig my intention was (and still is) to cut out my smoking at work. I do believe from all I have read though (studied for a month before I bought) that I will probably (hopefully) just not want to smoke after awhile. My smoking has cut back to about one third of what it was.
Anyway, as I am trying to figure out my nic levels and what is going to work for me, there have been a few times I think I have maybe overdone it a bit and when I do I get a slight buzz feeling. Kind of like when I had my first smoke (even though that was over 30 years ago) but I think that was the feeling that started it all. And probably led to all my drugs and drinking. I am not too worried about it right now but don't really want to stir anything up as I do try to guard my precious gift of sobriety that was so gratiously given to me. And do want to maintain it so that I may give it to others.
Just wondering if any one else has had those thoughts? Or wants to comment on it. :lol:(that's me over if I get too much nic)

Last edited:

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
Hello There, Im fairly new to vaping too. Im also Sober a few 24 hours( 4 years ) I was nervous when i first started vaping because i read there was alcohol in juice. I did get some good buzzes but i think it because i was new vaping and my nic levels were high. Now i dont get that buzz unless i vape my strong juices. If your concerned about your soberity i would talk to to your sponsor if you have one. If your comfortable with the vaping and just vaping for the nicotin , i personally wouldnt worry about unless there are deep down hidden thoughts of chasing that buzz, then it could lead you to trouble. Good luck to you and if you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me , Im always around.

Tara

I'm new to vaping too, and I have overdone it on the nicotine once or twice. I am getting some 0mg nicotine e-liquid to go with my supply of 36mg nic strength e-liquid. I did not anticipate taking in too much nicitine, but it has happened a couple of times now, in just over the 2 weeks that I have been cigarette free.

Taking in too much nicotine feels like an anxiety attack for me, topped off with a rapid, shallow pulse. So the 0mg nic juice will be a welcomed addition to my collection of full strength juice. That way, I can vape away on the 0mg, and then throw a couple of drops of full strength (36mg) here and there. I smoked a pack and a half of Camel Lights every day for 20 years, so I will need some time to wean down my nicotine intake.

Quitting smoking is hard, you're doing right by even attempting to quit. Keep it up!:thumb:
Friend of Bill W., sobriety date: 7/7/05

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Hy MsSki. I haven't been vaping very long and just found this group last week. I see this thread was started almost a year ago and I was wondering how things worked out for you. Are you still vaping and have you worked out all the problems yet?
I have only tried to quit smoking one other time since I have been sober. That was the closest that I have come to going back out. I was trying chantex and it didn't work at all for me. I had to start smoking again to stay sober and that is the main priority for me. With vaping I have been smoke free since around the middle of November(about a month, I hadn't smoked for a while before that. Just one of those things that I had to find out what a cigarette tasted like again. I didn't even finish it.) and it hasn't caused a problem about drinking either.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I've done it once or twice when using a new mod.....but it wasn't a "Ohhhhhhh YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAA" feeling. It was more like a sick to the stomach lightheaded feeling, like taking on a bit too much of a rollercoaster. It's something I do not want to do intentionally. Bleh.

Sober for roughly 125 months. Sane for much, much less.

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Hey clyde 2801, I'm glad to see someone else on here. Congradulations on your 125 months. I'll have 6 1/2 years Saterday. I also know how long I've been sober. I don't know if I'm "sane" yet. Maybe-maybe not?????
I've done it once or twice when using a new mod.....but it wasn't a "Ohhhhhhh YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAA" feeling. It was more like a sick to the stomach lightheaded feeling, like taking on a bit too much of a rollercoaster. It's something I do not want to do intentionally. Bleh.

Sane with an aviator like that??? Just kidding!!!!

Last edited:

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Sometimes it amazes me what we remember about someone saying something when we first get sober. Those first days are so important to our continued sobriety. I just hope what I say at meetings will be what a newcomer needs to here and will help, not hinder his recovery. I have heard that statement about asking yourself if you are crazy all of my life, but until now never applied it to getting sober. I'll have to do some thinking about that. I have to go in to work for a couple of hours now. I'm going to grab a bottle of Mt.Dew flavored e-juice and my box mod and think about that on the way. I also have to stop by the post office to see if my supplies have arrived yet.

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA

I'm always chasing that first nicotine buzz, but like you, usually overdo it and end up nic sick in bed, clutching my stomach. I've gotten my nic level down to 8mg though, so I still get pretty domed when I have the very occasional cigarette (no more than once a month, usually at meetings).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread