By Jove, you've done it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dariox

Jan 15, 2012
United States
(This got to be a little long as I was writing it. TLDR; at the bottom)

I ordered my first Stardust from GV a few months back when I first started vaping. It has lasted me oh these many days, faithfully coaxing copious amounts of delicious, creamy vapor from my Riva batteries. Nothing else that I've tried has managed to meet my expectations. I have always gone back to that Stardust, for only it can assuage my cravings. But then... disaster!!!! My faithful friend has died! I had to revert back to some vision clearomizers, and try to keep my PV right side up, for to tilt would be to leak. Unable to purchase anything due to budget constraints, and not being a vaper for the nicotine, I put down the habit.

Weeks progress, and still my Riva lies abandoned in my desk drawer. When... lo and behold... I have some extra income! My thoughts turn to GotVapes.com, and my mouse hand follows. What do I see when I arrive, but a sale! On this new item, a mini vivi nova. After reading the description, and seeing it's intuitive, adaptive design, I decide to forgo my beloved stardust and try this newcomer.

Eagerly expecting my new purchase, I pull my Riva from it's resting place and plug it up to the charger. As it greedily devours it's life giving electricity, I attempt to distract myself from sudden obsession with the mailbox. It does no good. Not Call of Duty nor Skyrim nor work nor sleep can keep me from checking after the mailman's appointed rounds. I dream through a haze of vapor, my thoughts constantly returning to the vivi nova on it's way to my waiting embrace.

Finally, the day arrives! I stumble up the stairs in my haste to get back into the house. I search frantically for a pair of scissors before resorting to tearing into the package with my teeth like a feral beast. I pull the tank from the remnants of the package, holding it reverently and removing it from it's packaging. I marvel at it's engineering. How it's made for easy cleaning and replacing of parts. The ways that this can be modified and customized baffle me as I familiarize myself with it's knurled base and top, and the smooth sides of the thick plastic tube. Eagerly, I fill it with my favorite juice, Dragon's Blood from ec blends. I attach the battery and force myself to set it down on the table in front of me to allow the juice to wick. I notice that on my Riva batteries, it doesn't look right without a skirt. The gap between the tank and battery and the exposed threads give it an unfinished look, where the stardust is sleek and smooth.

Undeterred from a simple cosmetic issue, I grasp the device and bring it to my lips. I depress the button, and slowly inhale...

&!@#$! - Nothing. No sweet clouds of vapor. No satisfying sizzle of atomizer. Nothing. I realize that the last thing I had connected to the battery were those darn vision clearos. I pulled up the post of my battery and reconnected the viva, then tried again.

Sweet mother! I feel the creamy smoothness of the vapor as it enters my lungs. I close my eyes and lean back into the couch, lost in the glorious sensation of having my PV back again. The flavor was a bit muted from what I remembered. As I continued to vape, I began to remember how much i enjoyed it. The more I vape with this tank, the better it gets. I get great flavor now, about 3 tanks in. I have not had a single leak, despite putting it in my pocket and carrying it around. I love that I can use a different drip tip with no problems, it lets me customize it a bit more. Honestly, my only issue with the tank is the one previously mentioned. The gap between battery and tank. I do see however, that they have skirts that go around the bottom of the tank for that. I need to see if I can find one, any suggestions? It's either that, or wait until the thread sleeves come back into stock at GV.

After the success with the mini vivi nova, I returned to the website and ordered three of the rebuildable stardusts. Again I eagerly waited by my mailbox for their arrival. They came in today. The construction is solid, the connections are tight, the vapor production is awesome, and the flavor is spot on.

TLDR; Bought a mini vivi nova and 3 rebuildable stardusts from gotvapes.com. Couldn't be happier with either of these purchases. The build quality is awesome. Vapor production off the chart. Flavor explodes in your mouth. I LOVE this company. Quality products, incredible prices, and the order filling and shipping is blazing fast. The Jolly Rancher that they put in my last order was tasty too, lol. I have not had any problems that require their customer service, but I see them responding to problems on here all the time. What more could you ask for? If you haven't ordered from these guys, you're seriously missing out.

Thank you, everyone from GV. Keep up the good work. You guys rock my socks off.

Jason

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
clap.gif
Please bring us Chapter 2 soon !! Great read Dariox !!
clap.gif
(I too am a Starduster & mini fan) :D

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
Sorry, couldn't resist such a terse response after such a long thought out post!

I recently needed another small tank sleeve also but they were out when I ordered so I got the type B instead. It should arrive tomorrow I'll let you know how it is.

Looks like the small tank ones ate back in stock now though. If only I could have waited to order more Hush...

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
lol @ penguin. by all means, let me know how it fits on there. I'm hoping to find something fairly soon. I just got used to the cleaner look that I get from the stardusts. Call me spoiled..

It didn't arrive today as I expected. I'm spoiled by usually getting my GotaVpes packages next day even with regular old first class mail. I shipped to my house this time since it's the weekend and I guess the postoffice over here isn't as efficient as the one by my office. Now, not only do I have to wait until Monday; but I have to wait until I get home on Monday too ;(

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
I did and I've been meaning to post a picture. Been buys though.

photo.jpg
Both have mini Vivi Novas. On left is the small tank sleeve on right is the tpye B in black. on the tank sleeve once the vivi nova is in place I loosen the sleeve up to press up on the tank and stabilize it (not that they are unstable) but if I do that on the type be it cuts of air flow. So I just leave it snugged up to the battery. It looks and works great. I was using this stealthy set up in a movie theatre last night :D

Edit: No idea why ECF rotated that picture... Look at it like you're trying to eat a taco without spilling it's contents and it'll be right side up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread