Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hiya Fellow Vapers ,

Today I have a review for you for the Freemax twister Kit which has been sent to me by Freemax for the purpose of this review. This review is 100% honest and has not been influenced by anyone else than me and my lungs

1.jpg

The Twister kit is a kit that contains of the Twister 80W mod and FIreluke 2 Mesh SubOhm tank.

The link to the official website for more indepth information about the kit:
Freemax Twister 80W – Freemax – Innovative Vape Hardware Manufacturer

The reason the mod is called ‘Twister’ is because it loves to twist, on the bottom of the mod a twisting mechanism has been built in which allows you to twist between 5 and 80 watts, when twisting after each 5 watts the mechanism will click into place. The wattage level is readable through a little window on the base.

The Fireluke 2 is an ‘upgraded’ version of the original Fireluke by Freemax. It was released with a new range of mesh coils to which we will come later in this review.

One nice thing is that the kit comes in 13 different colors, 6 graffiti editions and 7 metal editions:

2.jpg

Packaging and contents

The kit comes in a main box that when opened is divided in two smaller boxes, in one of the boxes you will find the Twister Mod and in the other the Fireluke 2 Tank.

The exact package contents:

•Freemax Twister 80W VW Mod *1pc
•Fireluke 2 Tank 5ml
(TX2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm 40-80W Pre- installed)*1pc
•Extra TX1 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm 40-90W *1pc
•Extra 5ml Bubble Glass *1pc
•O-ring Replacement*1pc

•USB Charger*1pc
•User Manual*1pc
•Warranty Card*1pc
•Warning Card*1pc

The TPD edition has the exact same contents, just the tank glass has a 2ml capacity.

3.jpg

The Twister mod

Here are some specifications of the Twister Mod from the Freemax official website:

4.jpg

My experience with this mod is overall very pleasant, it feels good in the hands, its not too thin or too thick, and it has a nice weight to it.

The base on the bottom to adjust wattage has a nice feel to it, the ridges make it easier to twist and it has been assembled to the mod very well, like the clicking sound between each 5 watts as well.

Also it is possible to vape in between the 5 watts clicks, for example 42-43 watts, but you won’t know exactly at which level you are vaping.

It is simple to operate, the standard 5 click on and off, it fires up pretty much instantly and the LED light is bright enough to even see it in direct sunlight. Also, the button is nice and clicky and not standing out too much, also no rattling.

One thing I find a pity about this mod is the battery capacity, 2300 mAh is just too little when using the device regularly at higher wattage levels, it generally does not last me the whole day. Also, it does not support quick charging, so charging it from 0 to a 100% takes around 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours.

It is not a deal breaker, especially because I use several devices, but I wish Freemax would have done this differently, a missed market opportunity. If they would ever plan to release a Twister V2 those are the two points that need the main focus, because the Twister concept and the mod itself are great.

I’ve also used the mod with some of my other tanks, as well as sub ohm as MTL tanks, and it works flawlessly as well for other tanks, I am not a very exact person if its about wattage so for me using the mod for MTL tanks was ok between the 10 and 15 watts, but I know some MTL vapers like to vape with exact wattage levels which is hard with this mod.

5.jpg

The Fireluke 2 Mesh tank:

Let’s start of with some specs from the Freemax Website:

6.jpg

Love the simple design of the tank, no crazy features, just the ones we need to have a proper vape. It is easy to fill, just slide it open and fill, the fill port is also large enough and a small airhole has been added to the other side of the tank to make filling easier. The tank has a special red-dot marking to exactly indicate where to slide it open, I like that.

The airflow ring also has similar ridges as the twister mod has, which makes it easy to open or close. There is a tiny stopper built into the base of the tank which makes sure you don’t over turn the airflow. The airflow allows you to vape very airy or more restricted. I personally liked both coils included in the kit with the airflow half open, gave me the best throat hit and flavor.

It is possible to take apart the whole tank for those who like to thoroughly clean their tanks, you can easily twist of the base by turning the airflow into opposite direction, here again the ridges make it easier to screw of the base.

Had to replace the glass once because by my mistake I dropped my tank while I was cleaning it, and it broke. The O-rings are very tight to the glass, base and top cape that it was rather hard to take off the glass to replace it, had to in the end take a hammer to break the remaining piece of glass to be able to get if off entirely.

The tank has many coil options, which everyone likes, there is 11 different coils to try. 5 of those coils are the same as were used in the original Fireluke and 6 of them are the new Tea Fiber coils that were released together with the Fireluke 2. In the kit there is 2 of the new coils, the TX1 – single mesh ( and TX2 – Dual mesh.

7.jpg

Replacing the coils is simple, just twist of the base and replace the coil. It is not a good idea to replace your coil when the tank still has some liquid in it as it will flood out of the mouthpiece or bottom, but yeah, sometimes our coils burn and we are forced to unfortunately.

The best part of this tank is the performance, flavor on the TX1 and TX2 are topnotch and the vapor production is outstanding. A real flavorbanger in my opinion! I’ve been vaping on each coil for about one and a half week and they are not burned, and the flavor still is outstanding, didn’t experience a drop of flavor so far and no reason to replace them yet. Also, the coils wicks very well and are always well saturated, even while chain vaping, have not experience dry hits. Dense and flavorful vaping all the way.

Of those two coils the TX2 wins over the TX1 by a lot, not because of the flavor, draw or vapor production. The TX1 coil has a bit of an issue with chain vaping, because of the large surface area of the mesh it heats up too much and the overheat protection of the mod kicks in after 6-7 draws in succession, even when vaping around 55 watts. Also, the tank and base feel hot at that point. Another big difference is the sound that comes from the airflow, the TX1 is much louder than the TX2. BUT still the TX1 flavor wise and cloud wise is a lovely coil.

The overall vaper on both coils is not too warm or too cold, exactly the way I like it.

The 810 drip tip is replaceable, but I didn’t feel the need as I like the one that was on the tank.

8.jpg

Overall thoughts

Enjoyed and will enjoy this kit, it offers a variety of coils and allows you to use other types of tanks, MTL tanks, DTL Tanks, RTA’s, RDA’s and so on. The unique twisting base to adjust wattage is an outstanding feature and opens up a world of many possibilities.

The kit is easy to use and easy to understand, nothing complex to it really.

Design wise it all fits, ridges on the twisting base, ridges on the airflow ring, ridges on the top cap and even ridge son the coils. With 11 different color varieties there is options for everyone. The Fireluke 2 and Twister Mod together just look like a solid device.

FLAVOR, FLAVOR AND FLAVOR, the coils are great, and every inhale is really smooth and pure, love it. Don’t like a specific coil? There is choice of another 10 on the market

Downside of this kit is for sure the battery capacity and the lack of quick charge possibilities, something that hopefully will be improved in the future.

This device is for those who like pen style devices, something not too complex but still delivering tons of flavor and vaper. It’s a good starting point for those that are interested in Sub ohm vaping but haven’t really tried, or for the collectors, because it is quite a unique device.

Let’s finish this review in style!

Thank you for taking your time to read my review! I am always open for improvement, so I would appreciate any suggestions to improve my future reviews to make it a bigger joy to read for all of you, feel free to follow me for more reviews

Last edited:

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Great review mate!

5 out of 5 jamón serranos
View attachment 844295

What wattage do you think worked best for each coil type?
What is the RRP/MSRP for the kit?

Cheers
I
Thank you Izan for taking your time.

As you know, vaping is probably one of the most objective activities on our planet, even though Freemax recommends the TX1 at 70watts and the TX2 on 80watts, I still do prefer myself to vape both around 55-60 watts with the airflow half open. 80watts is also nice on both, but it doesnt allow me to chain vape at such levels.

If its about the price, the kit is available on elementvape for around 30-35 dollars, replacement coils vary from 7 to 11 dollars on websites such as Fasttech. The price in a local store is hard to say for me as Freemax is not widely available in Poland. Anyways if you can get it for under 40 dollars its a good investment.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Also, in case you dont want to make a massive investment before buying the kit and you would like to get an idea on flavor is you can always try out some GEMM disposable tanks, they have the exact same TX coil serie. If you like the GEMM tank you will for sure love the fireluke gives kore options than the GEMM tanks do.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I’ve been using the NX2 0.5ohm coil in my Uforce tank for the last couple days and I’m seriously impressed. It’s nice to have a 0.5ohm coil with most tanks mesh coils ohming 0.2-0.3 ohm at the highest. I prefer to use coils around a half ohm because you get a nice balance of flavor and ability to use less power to get great flavor and vapor. I’m vaping this coil at 35 watts and it’s nice and warm flavorful vapor in abundance. I don’t know about longevity yet but so far I’m impressed with the performance of this coil and I’m likely to get a few more 5-packs.

Reactions: SP013

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I’ve been using the NX2 0.5ohm coil in my Uforce tank for the last couple days and I’m seriously impressed. It’s nice to have a 0.5ohm coil with most tanks mesh coils ohming 0.2-0.3 ohm at the highest. I prefer to use coils around a half ohm because you get a nice balance of flavor and ability to use less power to get great flavor and vapor. I’m vaping this coil at 35 watts and it’s nice and warm flavorful vapor in abundance. I don’t know about longevity yet but so far I’m impressed with the performance of this coil and I’m likely to get a few more 5-packs.
can only agree to that, the Freemax TX series are great coils with awesome flavor and longevity, even at lower wattage levels.

• Agree
Reactions: madstabber

EnzoVape

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2019
France
Great and detailed review buddy :thumb:

It is indeed a pretty good device, stylish and easy to use.
The coils are very good (haven’t used the new TX).
And as you mentioned, the only con would be battery life. A little short when using a Fireluke.
As for MTL I can’t really use the Twister cause I vape at 13 or 17W but rarely at 10 or 15. Yup I’m one of those guys :D

All in all a great device :wub:

• Love
Reactions: SP013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread