bypass mode on reg mod ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Bypass, bypasses the regulator = battery voltage output.
On some lesser quality power devices it also means bypassing some or all of the protection circuitry.

You'd have to look fairly hard to find a newer decent regulated power device that still uses PWM to either buck or boost output.
For several years DC to DC converters replaced the need for any PWM to control output power.
Meaning most decent VW power devices made in the last few years don't use PWM, there is no pulsing.
There might be a very slight voltage variance going to the delivery device to provide the exact wattage set due to slight variances in resistance while vaping.

TC devices for the most part use PFM when in a tc mode, kinda similar to PWM.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Bypass, bypasses the regulator = battery voltage output.
On some lesser quality power devices it also means bypassing some or all of the protection circuitry.

You'd have to look fairly hard to find a newer decent regulated power device that still uses PWM to either buck or boost output.
For several years DC to DC converters replaced the need for any PWM to control output power.
Meaning most decent VW power devices made in the last few years don't use PWM, there is no pulsing.
There might be a very slight voltage variance going to the delivery device to provide the exact wattage set due to slight variances in resistance while vaping.

TC devices for the most part use PFM when in a tc mode, kinda similar to PWM.
I have an eleaf pico and I get better taste in bypass mode than when I try to adjust the wattage.
It tastes almost like my mech mod with the same atty.
Thanks for info.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I know you don't set the wattage on a mech. That's all I run is mechs and unregulated. What I was meaning is with the coil and wattage are you running? You answered that but with mechs, you use the voltage of the cell at full charge which is 4.2V unless you always vape when your batteries dead. If you are running a single 18650 fully charged your voltage is 4.2. V x V \ R = W so 4.2 x 4.2 \ 0.5 = 35.28 so your actually running 35W.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I know you don't set the wattage on a mech. That's all I run is mechs and unregulated. What I was meaning is with the coil and wattage are you running? You answered that but with mechs, you use the voltage of the cell at full charge which is 4.2V unless you always vape when your batteries dead. If you are running a single 18650 fully charged your voltage is 4.2. V x V \ R = W so 4.2 x 4.2 \ 0.5 = 35.28 so your actually running 35W.

Well, on my mech with a fully charged sony vtc5 battery,
if I attach my Dovpo safe link, it shows 3.1 volts.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I use the same batteries and on my charger it charges to 4.2V. When it's dead and I put it on the charger it shows it is 3.7. I did a little research on the Dovpo your using and it says that it reads voltage between 3.0-4.5 so if your batteries are showing that they are 3.1 your using dead batteries. You may want to get you a new charger or wait for it to charge longer.

Reactions: stols001

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I use the same batteries and on my charger it charges to 4.2V. When it's dead and I put it on the charger it shows it is 3.7. I did a little research on the Dovpo your using and it says that it reads voltage between 3.0-4.5 so if your batteries are showing that they are 3.1 your using dead batteries. You may want to get you a new charger or wait for it to charge longer.

ok

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread