Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Surprised I have not seen more about this since these have been airing in CA. I dont watch much TV yet I have seen them many times so I can imagine they are getting serious coverage. The SacBee published a good article a couple weeks ago on this campaign.

California ads highlight vaping dangers | The Sacramento Bee The Sacramento Bee

Only garnered two comments but both were vaping positive. As much as this whole campaign is so far fetched and chock block full of lies and mistruths it is still being repeated over and over and we all know what the results of that ends up being, folks who dont know any better which is the vast majority end up believing this to be the truth.

Someone mentioned not long ago about wishing they could make commercials and they had a great storyboard for one. This has been scratching at the back of my mind along the lines of the coverups by PG&E at Hinkly that inspired the movie Erin Brockovich. Considering the millions of vapers in the US alone it seems this subject is ripe for a movie line with its multiple fronts of deception from disparate groups, some in the name of public health, all working together for their own benefit.

turner.curtis

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Thinking about that storyboard and spot idea, how about we expand that just slightly and say convince some one to fill out FEC Form 1 and 2. With Form 1 in place and having a campaign committee we vapers could then say all donate $5.00 to the campaign fund for this individual to use in commercials and beating the street delivering a truthful message. We probably have zero hope of them getting very far but if We the Vapers could fund and support a minimal campaign based on THR maybe we could make the people that think they are important talk about our issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread