Caan anyone build a drip well -- or know where to get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Could have sworn that I replied to this... Just search for finishing washer.

..that's it. Any hardware store has them in either ss or brass. They just need to make sure it's SEALED or the drip well is nothing but an ornament. Then, it switched to drip shields....lol If you want to go ghetto, a modded 6ml syringe and a couple of gaskets will do the trick

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
mwa...Hey Dude, Rock here. Again, nice meeting you at Vapefest with Issac. How's that 5V batt working out from Electronic Stix? Those have me real curious...

For OP, I picked up one of the Empire shields at VF Philly and they work great, no leaks, even with a sloppy 306LR. Could also go the finishing washer route from Home Depot.

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
cripple,

They have extra long delrin tips now for the 306's, so with the drip shield slipped on, about 3/8" to 1/2" still extends beyond the top. I get my 306 drip tips here:

Drip Tips Metal or Delrin Plastic
just use the dropdown to select "306 Delrin Long Straight"

If you get the Drip Shield from Empire, just make sure you get a "Bridged (510-901-901-510) Connector" also and you should be good to go.

MidnighToker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
NC
Best bet is to pull the connector, drill out the finishing washer so that the connector JUST fits it, then run a bead of silicone at the seam of the connector and washer from underneath.

If you are retro-fitting an existing mod and pulling the connector is not a real option, I'd recommend getting one of these for an extender and doing the above, but with the adapter rather than the connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread