Caffeine e-juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubnluvn

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
San Diego, Ca
Has anyone thought to add caffeine to their e-juice? Caffeine, like nicotine, is available in liquid form OTC, if you can find it. It also has a boiling temp of about 180º, well within spec. 18-36mg nic juice + a drop of caffeine + coffee and or french toast flavor = breakfast.

I'm not necessarily recommending anyone try this, and I surely not advocating PV's to be treated as a vessel to experiment with other substances, but just curious if anyone has tried it already.

I just want to be extra clear here. Don't go out and try this. If you have knowledge about vaporizing caffeine, please share. A smarter public is a safer public :D

Last edited:

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
yes people have thought of this.......................................GO DRINK YOUR DAMNED CAFFEINE. IT'S NOT THAT HARD. Your body needs liquid anyway so go drink it. No viagara, no caffeine and no midol in e-cigs. If you absolutely have to go get an IV and a catheter and then(and only then) you won't have to leave the computer.

This is not entirely aimed at you(just the hundreds of other posts about this which are going to follow)

crowntuner

Oct 14, 2009
I figured I just had to give my $.02 on this topic. I have dreamed of the day when fusion could be achieved in tobacco and coffee enjoyment. If you know where to get powdered/liquid caffeine, I'll try it, see how it works, and send a cartomizer of the stuff to anyone who'd like it.

If you know where to get liquid/powder caffiene, then let me know and we'll get to the most important scientific experiment ever.

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
I figured I just had to give my $.02 on this topic. I have dreamed of the day when fusion could be achieved in tobacco and coffee enjoyment. If you know where to get powdered/liquid caffeine, I'll try it, see how it works, and send a cartomizer of the stuff to anyone who'd like it.

If you know where to get liquid/powder caffiene, then let me know and we'll get to the most important scientific experiment ever.

:sleep:

This is exactly why I posted my first response to the OP. Read the friggin thread and stop being an idiot.

Valkerie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
Lincoln Park, NJ
Has anyone thought to add caffeine to their e-juice? Caffeine, like nicotine, is available in liquid form OTC, if you can find it. It also has a boiling temp of about 180º, well within spec. 18-36mg nic juice + a drop of caffeine + coffee and or french toast flavor = breakfast.

:D

No, No and H*** No. That's just wrong.

Drinking mocha coffee while puffing away, yes.

Caffeine is readily available in different drinks. Why would I add it to my e-cig and get rid of the pleasure I get drinking coffee, tea, Coke and Mountain Dew?

dubnluvn

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
San Diego, Ca
Is all the hostility really necessary?? It was a viable question and I think I made it clear that I wasn't advocating it, simply curious. Curious because when I was looking for something completely unrelated I saw an ad for THIS. It was easy to put the two together and I certainly thought if there was a place to ask such a question, this was the place. AND...I did search the forum for caffeine and found nothing. Feel free to give it a go yourself.

high nic+caffiene levels=heartattack?

define high nic and caffeine levels. Am I the only one that drinks coffee while smoking vaping?

While caffeine addicts don't face the same dangerous chemicals as smokers their are other detrimental side effects like obesity and diabetes in soda drinkers, among others. I'm also not advocating the ban of sodas, to be clear. I'm just looking for information, thanks.

Last edited:

Valkerie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
Lincoln Park, NJ
Okay. You've asked a politically sensitive question.

Addition of caffeine, ...... and other drugs won't be recommended, endorsed or condoned by many forum members.

With the FDA calling e-cigs a drug delivery system and vaporers trying to prove that it's not, asking if you can add a substance such as caffeine to e-cigs is going to meet with considerable resistance. And really negative responses.

Try the health portion of the forum. I read something on caffeine right after reading this thread. Can't remember what I searched, but the results popped right up.

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
Curious because when I was looking for something completely unrelated I saw an ad for THIS. It was easy to put the two together and I certainly thought if there was a place to ask such a question, this was the place.

It's an inhaler. Inhalers do not heat the substance whatsoever, they store the liquid in a highly pressurized cylinder and then "spray" some of it in your mouth. Also, what Valkerie said about the FDA etc.

LoBo

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Marshfield, WI
I think it's a good question. not sure I would like to smoke caffeine though. I probably wouldn't combine the two drugs maybe just replace the nic with caff. A mocha flavor with a caff buzz instead of nic would be interesting. but then again caff is a "dirty" stimulant, nic is much cleaner and doesn't make you feel like .... (just possible OD symptoms such as headaches, high blood pressure, sweats...etc. lol)

dubnluvn

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
San Diego, Ca
I'm not sure I'd vape Caffeine either. However, Caffeine, like Nicotine is legal and available OTC and in many products we eat and drink (and possibly and unknowingly inhale), ...... is a prescription drug was never mentioned nor any other prescription, or illegal drugs.

There is a much championed herbal thread of which I'm interested in as well. Caffeine is an active ingredient in many roots and other herbs, and could very well be extracted in part of a tincture to be used in an herbal e-juice. So that makes it a viable question since it looks like people are trying to make herbal e-juices. Again, I'm only interested in what people know about possible effects of vaporizing caffeine, not whether or not someone agrees with the question being asked.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Ok, here is what is going to happen when vaping caffeine. Caffeine sublimes from solid to gas. It will deposit caffeine solid into your throat, nose and sinuses. Yes, it would work to get caffeine, BUT IT WOULD SUCK!! It would burn your nose a lot, possibly making it bleed, and I have no idea what caffeine in the lungs would do. It is not the same kind of stimulant as nicotine. Caffeine works by blocking cyclic AMP, forcing the body to start using up the ATP energy system. It mimics adenosine monophosphate (AMP) primarily, not like nicotine that stimulates the brain directly. Mucus membrane absorption is far less effective, because of its structure, than digestion in the gut.

Also, this "pure" caffeine in liquid form (caffeine is a solid at room temp). What is it? What is the solvent? Is it actually the hydrochoride salt to make it more water soluble in high concentrations? You really do not want to vape something that will release HCl, either in you or in your atty.

Ask yourself this. Caffeine has been around forever as a stimulant. EVER hear of an inhalation method of ingestion, either current or ancient? Like even ONE method that involves inhaling the caffeine. Or smoking tea leaves for caffeine.

Do you think you are the first person to think of inhalation as a possibility?

And I agree with the comments about the FDA. Keep the use of PV's to ingest any other drugs than nicotine OFF of this board. Anybody here that has any brains has zero interest in that in a public forum that is being watched no doubt be the reptiles that want vaping nic banned.

Consider this a friendly warning. I understand your curiosity. Its normal to think of these things in the beginning phases of vaping. But discretion is advised. Search, read and learn before you post.

NeUnit16

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Yes, it would work to get caffeine, BUT IT WOULD SUCK!! It would burn your nose a lot, possibly making it bleed, and I have no idea what caffeine in the lungs would do.

Not to promote it, but just to inform. I used to purchase USP grade caffeine and would regularly snort it with no ill effects to the sinuses or lungs. ThinkGeeks caffeine inhaler would also point to the idea that inhaling it wouldnt harm your lungs (in the sense that it wouldnt hurt).

Just some info, for what its worth.

Lets be grown ups and post information instead of fire and flames.

NeUnit16

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Not to promote it, but just to inform. I used to purchase USP grade caffeine and would regularly snort it with no ill effects to the sinuses or lungs. ThinkGeeks caffeine inhaler would also point to the idea that inhaling it wouldnt harm your lungs (in the sense that it wouldnt hurt).

Just some info, for what its worth.

Lets be grown ups and post information instead of fire and flames.

Haha wait, I'm a ....... The caffeine inhaler was one of think geeks "April Fools Day" products.

But I really did snort USP grade caffeine. Used to buy 25g for around 30 bucks from a health and beauty supply.

General Idea

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 24, 2009
Northeast Pennsylvania
Caffeine is available as a very cheap tablet at most healthfood/bodybuilding outlets.

It is most definately intended to be taken orally and digested and not vaped, although coffee is far better for you considering the tannins and antioxidants.

While the novelty of cafeine-laced vapor sounds fun, your better off vaping good-ol-nic at a local coffee shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread