• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Caffeine: The FDA Approved Drug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
A certain percentage (and the % is probably on the high side) of the people who are intent on banning the e-cig do so while enjoying their daily dose of caffeine. AND they do so while calling the vaporer or smoker addicts to nicotine.
I no longer use nicotine and was off caffeine for awhile, but now I do partake of some caffeine. It’s actually harder (for me) to stay off the caffeine than the nicotine.

I don’t know about you, but I find this a little two-faced and a whole lot irritating.
So rant or rave if you want. Or tell a joke---after all laughter is a great stress re-leaser.

Last edited:

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
It's definitely two faced, jj, but we can use it against them. The next time someone calls you an "addict", because you vape (nicotine or not), just ask them if they drink coffee, more than likely they do. Then you can call them an addict, too.

I have always contended that major air pollution problems come from internal combustion engines, factories, etc., but they blame cigarettes and now e-cigs. Why ?? Because they can't ban automobiles and shut down factories, that would be bad for the economy, so they need a scapegoat and that scapegoat is smoking/vaping.

If someone gets lung cancer, it's either because they are or were a smoker, has inhaled second hand smoke or has been near a smoker (third hand smoke). If the "do gooders" succeed in creating a smoke/vape free society, it will be interesting to see how they will explain why people are still getting lung cancer. Maybe they will blame it on caffeine ???

Oh, but it's in everyday meds, too (often without the user's knowledge, as not many bother to read labels):

Caffeine and Headache (check out the dosage on Vivarin...wow)

Btw, as a coder I've come across several cases over the years of patients with caffeine overdose.

Never one for nicotine OD.

We have an ICD-9-CM code for 'tobacco abuse' (305.1 for current use, V15.82 for past history)...none for caffeine abuse, and its use far outnumbers that of nicotine. Hmm.

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
A new Advertising campaign hit the air waves today, showing a large-gutted dead man in the morgue, with a hamburger in his cold hand. It didn't say if he had a coffee.
Anyone have any more questions about where this Progressivism is leading? The First Lady's healthy kids campaign is based on the book by Cass Sunstein "Nudge" ~ an exercise in behavioral psychology for the masses. She was speaking today at a National Restaurant Association conference today. Making your kids eat carrots instead of fries. That'll work.
I gotta go make a fresh pot and juice up my PV. 'bye

Excellent Thread!

Last edited:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
warning-fda-approved.jpg

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
While in college I drank a ton of caffeine. I didn't realize how much caffeine I was consuming until I graduated and started working and wasn't drinking my diet coke every waking moment. I felt like I'd been hit by a steam roller - almost like I had the flu right down to the chills and shakes. I was diagnosed with caffeine withdrawal! The solution was lots of water and (you guessed it) caffeine. I had to taper off Diet Coke. I was the only person in my office with a Dr's note allowing me to have a drink at my desk.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I don't use caffeine, you....you....drug addicts !!! Keep your caffeine away from me, I have a right not to have to smell your caffeine fumes. I don't want to be exposed to your second and third hand caffeine fumes !!! Close the coffee shops, the FDA should ban caffeine....yadda...yadda...yadda...etc.

End of rant !!!!!! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread