Caliburn hurting my throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Podvapster

Apr 29, 2019
Okay so i got a caliburn a few weeks ago but it's collecting dust now.
Im using 9mg 70vg/30pg juice .
At first the flavor was sooo good i thought something was suspicious..
And after a day or two my throat starts hurting so bad , like when u get a really bad sore throat. I think it's because I've been drinking e juice from caliburn and that's why it was so delicious , because it was all over my mouth.
I've stopped using it and i i have no problems with my throat anymore .. I'm sill vaping btw( same e juice)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’m guessing you mean that the atty was spitting? I suppose enough juice might irritate your throat, but - forgive me, but I hear this all the time so I’m going to suggest- did you clean it before you used it?

I’m not familiar with your particular atty, but I’m sure others could suggest reasons and fixes for spit back.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Okay so i got a caliburn a few weeks ago but it's collecting dust now.
Im using 9mg 70vg/30pg juice .
At first the flavor was sooo good i thought something was suspicious..
And after a day or two my throat starts hurting so bad , like when u get a really bad sore throat. I think it's because I've been drinking e juice from caliburn and that's why it was so delicious , because it was all over my mouth.
I've stopped using it and i i have no problems with my throat anymore .. I'm sill vaping btw( same e juice)

I'm using it with 15-18mg, 70PG, and no spits at all. I wonder if it can't handle that high of a VG level.

Regardless, yes, not worth it if you ingesting it in liquid form. Sorry to hear this. :(

Podvapster

Apr 29, 2019
I’m guessing you mean that the atty was spitting? I suppose enough juice might irritate your throat, but - forgive me, but I hear this all the time so I’m going to suggest- did you clean it before you used it?

I’m not familiar with your particular atty, but I’m sure others could suggest reasons and fixes for spit back.

It's a pod..

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm using it with 15-18mg, 70PG, and no spits at all. I wonder if it can't handle that high of a VG level.

Regardless, yes, not worth it if you ingesting it in liquid form. Sorry to hear this. :(
The Uwell rep insinuated that 50/50 is best in the Caliburn.

Cheers
I

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
I have 3. I recommend you buy at least one more so you can cycle them. While you are vaping one, the second one cools and the wick gets wet again. Then vape off the second while the first cools and re-wets the wick. This significantly increases pod life and long term flavor delivery when they are not overheated and dried out from over use. I'm getting 4+ weeks from Caliburn pods while chain vaping.

Now that you have this set up, take longer, gentler pulls to get your mouthful of vapor. Don't pull hard and fast. When you do that the wick gets too wet and you're actually drawing moisture straight from the wick before its vaporized. Imagine putting a wet face cloth to your mouth. A certain amount of inhale will give you humid mouth of air. Pull too hard and you have a mouthful of water.

If your pod is soaked and spitting, push the button for 1-2 seconds before you start to draw. That will vaporize excess juice before you start your draw. That's the beauty of having a manual fire button. You may need to do this a few times before the wick moisture level has been corrected.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    How would you clean a new atomizer inside a pod ?
    The best way to do it is to change the coil head. It might also be possible, but I have no idea, to soak it in Everclear or other high (at least 80) proof alcohol. With the way some or most pods are made though, cleaning the coil head is probably not possible.

If the coil head is not separateable from the ejuice 'container', don't try the 'soak and clean' method!
    Browse thru YouTube for tutorials for your particular device, or contact customer support at wherever you got it from.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't have many answers I'm not a pod person, but you are getting good ones. It is possible the thickness of the juice was making the juice hard for the pod to vaporize, I would try Izan's suggestion, honestly.

I am just glad you aren't drinking ejuice anymore. I have had a few mouthfuls from time to time and they weren't what I would call pleasant.

I'm glad your throat is clearing up, too!!! Welcome.
    Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread