Not open for further replies.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I received a letter for this in my email inbox from CASAA. I've already written my opposition letter and sent it in as I won't be able to attend in person.

Just looking at my stash of nicotine juice over the last couple of months, Naked 100, Five Pawns, Beard, Cuttwood, Alien Visions, Blue Dot as well as Vapor Authority are all located here in California. That's just what I've ordered recently. Unless they all decide to start strictly producing tobacco flavored juice, they'll either have to relocate or they will go out of business from what I understand. If I read it right. Juul is also located in San Francisco although I have no experience with them but I know a lot of people have quit smoking using their products. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I gathered from my email and reading the article that was linked by the OP. If this is the case I'm hoping people will at least write in, if they can't attend.

I also wondered, maybe someone that understands this better than myself can answer, will we still be able to purchase flavored nic juices over the internet from out of state? If I remember, part of the bill was to require nicotine purchases that are made by mail be signed for when received by someone at least 21 (the legal age to purchase tobacco in CA). Not an issue for me, just wondering if we'll still be able to order flavored?

Again, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right this will affect a lot more than just us Californians.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Again, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right this will affect a lot more than just us Californians.

It's just a hearing. Nothing has happened yet, so we have no idea what, if anything, will happen.

In the meantime, dear fellow Californians--please write a letter and attend the hearing--if you can.

CA - Stop an all-out flavor ban!

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
a b
I received a letter for this in my email inbox from CASAA. I've already written my opposition letter and sent it in as I won't be able to attend in person.

Just looking at my stash of nicotine juice over the last couple of months, Naked 100, Five Pawns, Beard, Cuttwood, Alien Visions, Blue Dot as well as Vapor Authority are all located here in California. That's just what I've ordered recently. Unless they all decide to start strictly producing tobacco flavored juice, they'll either have to relocate or they will go out of business from what I understand. If I read it right. Juul is also located in San Francisco although I have no experience with them but I know a lot of people have quit smoking using their products. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I gathered from my email and reading the article that was linked by the OP. If this is the case I'm hoping people will at least write in, if they can't attend.

I also wondered, maybe someone that understands this better than myself can answer, will we still be able to purchase flavored nic juices over the internet from out of state? If I remember, part of the bill was to require nicotine purchases that are made by mail be signed for when received by someone at least 21 (the legal age to purchase tobacco in CA). Not an issue for me, just wondering if we'll still be able to order flavored?

a ban on flavour juice will only affect the ones buying premade juice and will help them find diy ejuice
do you think they will stop chefs/bakers from buying flavours?
same as UK with the nicotine above 20mg is illegal for sale if it's for vaping but if it's for other things it's still legal and taxed ;)

for the win :D
hi cali gov :D
giphy (27).gif

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
This is what was intended all along when vaping products were classified as tobacco products. This is what happens when you give demonrats authority. Kalifornia is rapidly becoming beyond help.

Don of the Desert, A+ for KatSpeak.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
yes, yes....massive debt, 10 billion dollars flushed down the toliet on a speed train project that has been abandoned, homeless population exploding in every major city, infastructure that looks like a thirdworld craphole,no affordable housing for the working class...and the Democrat Party of California after all these failures do what.....spend their time on phony ... virtue signaling...at some point you have ask yourself...maybe this is the way they want it to be...maybe this isn't bad judgment, bad choices,incompetemce, and corruption, maybe this is the way they want it to be.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
yes, yes....massive debt, 10 billion dollars flushed down the toliet on a speed train project that has been abandoned, homeless population exploding in every major city, infastructure that looks like a thirdworld craphole,no affordable housing for the working class...and the Democrat Party of California after all these failures do what.....spend their time on phony ... virtue signaling...at some point you have ask yourself...maybe this is the way they want it to be...maybe this isn't bad judgment, bad choices,incompetemce, and corruption, maybe this is the way they want it to be.

Kalifornia is rapidly becoming beyond help.

Ahh the Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia (the other DPRK). If I owned California and Hell, I would rent out California and live in Hell. It would be easier to hold onto my sanity in the latter of the two.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
I feel for you folks, as you can see from my <avatar, here in the UK we have had much meddling and legislation emanating from Brussels regarding vaping ( ... and all other aspects of life!) that defies understanding and appears to have no plausible evidence based research backing it up.

Wake up and act now before it's too late, the UK sleepwalked into all the EU crap and only now are we nearing, hopefully, a divorce... of some kind.

Ben Killeen

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2018
Finland (British)
I feel for you folks, as you can see from my <avatar, here in the UK we have had much meddling and legislation emanating from Brussels regarding vaping ( ... and all other aspects of life!) that defies understanding and appears to have no plausible evidence based research backing it up.

Wake up and act now before it's too late, the UK sleepwalked into all the EU crap and only now are we nearing, hopefully, a divorce... of some kind.
You do realize that there are more benefits to being part of eu than there are to leave it?
Our country was misinformed about the whole stupid affair, and why AFTER the vote there was a surge in the google search “what is brexit”.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
You do realize that there are more benefits to being part of eu than there are to leave it?
Our country was misinformed about the whole stupid affair, and why AFTER the vote there was a surge in the google search “what is brexit”.

Each to their own belief! I won't comment further as it will take the thread OT.

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I don't understand the logic behind this at all. Pot is being legalized in many states and countries (which is fine), but flavored e-juice is somehow this new, evil thing for some reason.

Flavored e-juice may be appealing to teens (I don't know how appealing it is, or if its just over inflated because big tobacco doesn't want to lose cigarette sales), but how are they getting it? As far as I know, you have to be the legal age to buy it the same as you would cigarettes. Age restrictions haven't stopped teens from smoking, drinking, or doing other age restricted activities ... what makes them think that banning flavors is going to stop them from vaping what's available? It's not.

All this is going to do is cripple small businesses and force some vapers to return to smoking. Big tobacco is working hard to keep their market share I guess.

I wish you guys in CA the best of luck getting this nonsense tossed out.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
i
I don't understand the logic behind this at all. Pot is being legalized in many states and countries (which is fine), but flavored e-juice is somehow this new, evil thing for some reason.

Flavored e-juice may be appealing to teens (I don't know how appealing it is, or if its just over inflated because big tobacco doesn't want to lose cigarette sales), but how are they getting it? As far as I know, you have to be the legal age to buy it the same as you would cigarettes. Age restrictions haven't stopped teens from smoking, drinking, or doing other
If this passes, it could be the beginning of the end for flavors throughout the country. We need as many California vapers as possible to show up at the hearing.

California Statewide Flavor Ban Hearing is This Week - Vaping360

"This bill would prohibit a tobacco retailer from selling, offering for sale, or possessing with the intent to sell or offer for sale, a flavored tobacco product"

diy all your juices there are thousands of clone leeked recipes out there not to mention public made and diyordie recipes
start making them now some take a month to steep

it sounds bad if it goes through but....
In the end everyone will be making there own ejuice at a fraction of the price they were paying for premade

also there will be people like big joe selling under the counter juices does he care how old he's selling to? All this law does is make it easyer for kids to buy it or make it then they will be selling it to there friends,
there is no logic to this law

unless,,,,,

all this does is harm the ejuice company's is juul based there ?? If so this is a all out attack on them and the only reason for this law being put into place

if i was juul and above is right i would sue the gov discrimination and all out attack against a single company when others are left alone that's corrupt as fk

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Opinionated

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
i

"This bill would prohibit a tobacco retailer from selling, offering for sale, or possessing with the intent to sell or offer for sale, a flavored tobacco product"

diy all your juices there are thousands of clone leeked recipes out there not to mention public made and diyordie recipes
start making them now some take a month to steep

it sounds bad if it goes through but....
In the end everyone will be making there own ejuice at a fraction of the price they were paying for premade

also there will be people like big joe selling under the counter juices does he care how old he's selling to? All this law does is make it easyer for kids to buy it or make it then they will be selling it to there friends,
there is no logic to this law

unless,,,,,

all this does is harm the ejuice company's is juul based there ?? If so this is a all out attack on them and the only reason for this law being put into place

if i was juul and above is right i would sue the gov discrimination and all out attack against a single company when others are left alone that's corrupt as fk
PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT DIY IN THESE TYPE OF THREADS!

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
You obviously have no idea why you are so very wrong.

Last edited:

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT DIY IN THESE TYPE OF THREADS!
my post shows that it only affects pre made juice posting diy juice as a way round these silly laws is appropriate in this thread is it not? @Don29palms

please stop shouting in this thread or anywhere online it makes you look like a ......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread