The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Call me a fool, but I'm digging Johnson Creek Vea prefilleds!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by mobocracy, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mobocracy

mobocracy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    I fell in love with Johnson Creek Red Oak Tennessee Cured but did not fall in love with the way it ate up EVOD coils. I tried a cheap DCT cartotank with some Boge pre-punched cartos and those would not wick enough through the small holes and even the cartos on their own weren't great (with scotch tape over the holes). Maybe a better slotted carto would help.

I ordered some pre-filled Veas for laughs but was really blown away with how well they worked. Much richer flavor than the EVOD clearos and tons of vapor. Surprisingly long-lasting considering that I was running them on an EVOD battery at a volt higher than the Vea batteries. Topping them off didn't work when using them with the EVOD battery, I got a burnish taste even if I made sure they weren't flooded and let them sit for a few hours.

I gave in and picked up a Vea battery and they're even better -- seem longer lasting and I can top them off 2-3 times and get about a 4-5 days use out of a single carto.

I think I'll stick with the Veas for now until maybe I can find an iClear30s that isn't sold out or unavailable and see how that works.

2. Margate69

Margate69 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Fool.

No, I'm kidding. To each their own.

3. Jayvaps

Jayvaps Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2013
    South Florida
    A Vea was my first real PV after Blus. It was also the only PV I had when I quit the stinkies.

I still have it in the rotation, although it is rare I take it out now. If you do like the Vea, get their 2 battery leather holder. It is quite nice.

I never bought their prefilled cartos, but still have some of the version3's sitting around unfilled. I tried the version 2, but preferred the version 3's over them.

BTW, I blend their original and the red oak tenn cured in a 50\50 mix and it was my first adv and still in my adv rotation. The last juice I am still buying as I got into DIY. And besides the Vea cartos on a vea, I vape it in a smok single coil 2ohm 2 hole carto in a tank. Wicks fine in the smok cartos(although it maybe because I blend it with their original which is PG) and I can get a good 10-20ml thru them before contemplating replacing the carto.

BTW, besides a mech mod, it is the only apv I have had called...elegant...by non smokers and smokers alike.

So I wont call you a fool.

4. EvilZoe

EvilZoe Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

People like what they like. No fool about it...lol

5. mobocracy

mobocracy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    I have been meaning to try a 50-50 (or some variation) of original and the PG Tenn. Cured with the Red Oak Tenn. Cured to see if it is easier on coils. I have all of them on hand. The PG Tenn. Cured works well enough in generic KR808D-2 cartos for low profile vaping at work.

But I'm loving the Vea carts so much my motivation to do something different isn't very high!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. jimmyh

jimmyh Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    Niagara Falls NY
    AS long as it keeps you off the cancer sticks.

7. vaperature

vaperature Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago
    I will try Johnson Creek sooner or later, I'm sure. I'm not really into tobacco flavors so when I get it I want to make sure I get the best. Today I got my two bottles from Halo. Haven't tried them yet. They included a note that suggested I let it steep for about three days so that's what I'm doing.

8. Jayvaps

Jayvaps Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2013
    South Florida
    the funny thing is, I dont mix them because of the pg\vg thing. I mix them because of the taste. I liked the Original and I liked the RO Tenn Cured the best out of all the JC juices I tried. They were my first juice vendor I tried, so I tried many of their juices. But one day I was vaping them both on different Vea batteries and thought, well they are sort of similar, I wonder what they would be like together, and I liked them together even more. So I just started mixing them as soon as I got the bottles and still do.

Even funnier, I have converted 3 other smokers to vaping with that blend, and they all buy those two and mix them in a 50\50 mix like I showed them. I told them all, that individually they were good as well, but they still mix them together. lol Two of them(a couple), that is all they vape and are quite happy and off the stinkies. I even told them all that there are cheaper juices out there(JC juices are certainly on the high priced side of things), but that couple has no desire to look elsewhere yet. Fine by me, as the couple is my best friend and his wife, and this way I can borrow some juice if I am over their house and running low. hahaha

9. charlieS

charlieS Full Member

Oct 7, 2013
    N. California
    At first, I was really into tobacco flavors - then my taste buds perked up after tossing analog cigs. I'm using the Vea, have the leather case, car charger, etc. Juices have been very pleasing, though I have used some from a local vape shop here as well. Currently testing the Canteens against the cartomizers. Took some getting used to but the flavor/vapor is "cleaner" tasting...for me, nothing worse than a cartomizer burning out. I'm on day for on this Canteen and have used Red Oak Tenn. Cured, Domestic, Original, a local Southern Comfort juice, Vanda, Wisconsin Frost...mixed and matched a few and found some great experiences just improvising the mixes. My thing with the Vea was "learning" to take a long slow hit rather than "smoking" like I did analogs. Loving being off the cigs! I may try other setups at some point, but this works for me...as my signature attests to!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.