Call Out for Menthol Vaping GotVapes Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
did ya get it Matties ? Huh ? Did ya get it ? Do ya like it ? Huh Matties ? :laugh:
yep, I dids :D Be prepared for an in your face menthol. (I mean that in a good way) :lol: For those that love a strong menthol, A menthol that numbs the tongue and tingles the face. Those are the folks that are going to fall in love with this one.

I am thinking the tobacco is a very good Turkish blend. Those that still enjoy the taste of tobacco should really like this one. Hubby is a one flavor vaporer but I had him try this one. He normally doesn't smoke or vape menthol but he was a good sport and gave this one a taste test. He said it reminded him of the first time he lit up a Kool, way back in his much much younger life. Like back when he would smoke whatever he could get his hands on. The menthol was to strong for him too but he really liked the flavor so he gave it a :thumbs:

I have to agree with fourthrok about it having just a hint of chocolate hiding in there. I taste it on the exhale. I think I am tasting something else in there too but can't decide what it is.....maybe a touch of cream....maybe Bavarian...possibly just a dab of sweet cream. I dunno.

Thanks for letting me try this one out Danno :)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I forgot to mention that I am testing this on a squid dripper with a 1.7 ohm single coil with silica wick and have my istick set at 8 watts. Started at 6.6 watts and edged up to 8. I am thinking I need to change my wicking material to rayon and try that out to. I think I get a smoother vape with rayon. It is good the way I am vaping it right now but it might be even better :D

I am curious as to the pg/vg ratio. I am thinking more vg because of the amount of vapor I am getting from it.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I forgot to mention that I am testing this on a squid dripper with a 1.7 ohm single coil with silica wick and have my istick set at 8 watts. Started at 6.6 watts and edged up to 8. I am thinking I need to change my wicking material to rayon and try that out to. I think I get a smoother vape with rayon. It is good the way I am vaping it right now but it might be even better :D

I am curious as to the pg/vg ratio. I am thinking more vg because of the amount of vapor I am getting from it.
I requested a higher PG...one of the conditions I had for testing because I have some problems with too much VG. Perhaps they have two different versions...one higher PG and one higher VG? I got plenty of vapor from the one I got. But I do with all my PG juices.

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I requested a higher PG...one of the conditions I had for testing because I have some problems with too much VG. Perhaps they have two different versions...one higher PG and one higher VG? I got plenty of vapor from the one I got. But I do with all my PG juices.
Whatever the ratio of pg/vg, I have to say it is just right. It gives me all the vapor I would ever need :thumbs:

Reactions: fourthrok

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
I gots my sample today :D Thanks Danno :wub:

I however will be da bad apple ub da buncha grapes as I do not find this to be what I would consider a favorite flavor for me :unsure: You asked for honesty and I have to oblige here. For ME it is way too much overload of menthol in your face clear your sinuses tear your eyes kind. I had asked for 0mg and that's what I received. I also tried adding nic to the mix to see if it made it more to my liking. I have to say it did not. Yes, there is a few different flavors in there but for me the menthol over powered all of them. I started out trying it running 7watts and went thru up to 12w. For my old monkey taste buds it did not improve. When I smoked ciggies ALL I ever smoked was menthol so I thought I would love this juice after reading what the others had said. It's just not for me :blush:
Thank you for the chance to try this Danno, I appreciates it :smokie:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I gots my sample today :D Thanks Danno :wub:

I however will be da bad apple ub da buncha grapes as I do not find this to be what I would consider a favorite flavor for me :unsure: You asked for honesty and I have to oblige here. For ME it is way too much overload of menthol in your face clear your sinuses tear your eyes kind. I had asked for 0mg and that's what I received. I also tried adding nic to the mix to see if it made it more to my liking. I have to say it did not. Yes, there is a few different flavors in there but for me the menthol over powered all of them. I started out trying it running 7watts and went thru up to 12w. For my old monkey taste buds it did not improve. When I smoked ciggies ALL I ever smoked was menthol so I thought I would love this juice after reading what the others had said. It's just not for me :blush:
Thank you for the chance to try this Danno, I appreciates it :smokie:
I did warn you about the menthol :lol::lol::lol::lol: those that can handle really in your face menthol will enjoy this one. I too was a menthol smoker all my smoking life but it was to strong for me.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I did warn you about the menthol :lol::lol::lol::lol: those that can handle really in your face menthol will enjoy this one. I too was a menthol smoker all my smoking life but it was to strong for me.
That is so strange to me! Guess it has to do with individual tastebuds and such. I was a lifelong (43 years) menthol smoker, too. I started out with Kool, then True, and Benson and Hedges menthol, later I went with More menthols (for years) and as the prices went up, I went with assorted budget brand menthols and finally to the VERY strong Clipper menthols. To me, the GV Menthol comes across more like a tobacco base with a menthol overlay. Not at all as "in your face" as the DIY menthol I make, but rather more flavorful due to the layers of flavors...including notes of chocolate. I don't see it as " A menthol that numbs the tongue and tingles the face". It seems more moderate...a good menthol for those people who enjoy a tobacco taste as well as menthol. So often I see people complaining on juice sites review pages about the menthol not having a tobacco flavor. This one does...and imho it's quite good!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Okay - The HUGE Anticipation of trying what might finally be the one & only "True Menthol Tobacco" I've been searching for the past 4 years to be "My" ADV is possibly over . . . This past Monday night I finally got a delivery of a package from GotVapes that I opened immediately . . . To "My" Delight there was this very pleasant odor of something "Nutty" . . . AND - There it was - a bottle of FLUX . . . So I opened the Bubble wrap to get to the bottle . .. However, it had some - not at all to much - condensation/liquid on it . . . No problem this happens sometimes, especially if the package was on a plane . . . So of course, I took a look to see and make sure if the bottle was open - Thankfully, NO it wasn't . . . But, now I noticed that I could barely see what was written on the bottle in what seemed to be black marker . . . In the big square there were a faint hint of a letter or 2, nothing in the PG/VG Ratio box, and in the Nicotine box there was faint 24 . . . Well, I rubbed the liquid off and opened the bottle to give the "E-Liquid" a try on a brand new 510 "Testing" Drip atty . . . Drop in 10 drops . . . Let it sit for a second then hit the fire button and take a DRAG . . . . Into the Mouth then into the Lungs . . . HUMM - That was surprising, Vapor with a dry taste similar to a very light Marlboro and something else in the background - NO MENTHOL . . . Alright, let's try this again . . . Once again - Take a drag into the Mouth hold a second then into the Lungs . . . Same result and not just once . . . Even refilled the 510 Atty with another 6 drops . . . Still nothing . . . Okay - it's gotta be "Me" - this is supposed to be a IN YOUR FACE MENTHOL . . . I go back to "My" usual stand-by "E-Liquid" Absinthe w/ "Menthol Crystal Liquid" & "Kolada" added . . . Take a drag and there it is Menthol with a very cool exhale that I am used to . . . SO - I waited and kept trying this "E-Liquid" a few times a day to see if it changed at all . . . NOPE - Nothing . . . Then - A couple of friends who also vape were over today and I asked them to give it a try . . . The result was although there was some - they could barely taste any menthol at all . . . They said it seemed that the Menthol was an after thought . . . Well, that proved to "Me" - that it is not "Me", but the "E-Liquid" in the bottle . . . AND - Given what others have posted, this cannot be the New Flux Menthol . . . I don't know what it is - nor what happened, but I think there might have been a mix up and I was sent the wrong bottle of FLUX . . . Oh Well - I'm a little disappointed to say the least . . . I was so hoping that this would be the - ONE ! ! !
pouting-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

EDIT: Adding a tag to @keelalagirl55 & @woody55 to hopefully get response . . . SO - Sad . . . :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Krisma

mogium

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
St pete florida
I got my bottle today and I have to agree I got an "in your fact menthol" with tobacco undertone. Been using a bottom fed dripper with this. 1.7 ohms at 20-30 watts I plan on going higher later. It is a very nice menthol vape. Certainly reminds me of kool milds but better because there is no nasty cigarette taste afterwords. Its a bit much on the menthol for me but still a good vape.(Note:Menthol gets stronger as you turn up the watts.) Specially if your feeling under the weather. Not sure the pg/vg ratio but it is certainly pretty thin. Thinner then what I am use to. I would have to guess at least 50/50. It certainly produces enough vapor. Over all I would give it a thumbs up.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I surely most of gotten a different/wrong bottle . . . I have tried this "E-Liquid" now since last Monday on 3 different devices all with 2.0 oHm coils that were set anywhere from 8- 10 Watts (what I normal use) and I got barely any menthol at all . . . AND - After reading these reviews I was so anticipating finally having a "True Menthol Tobacco" similar to the menthol in "Kool" cigarettes I smoke . . . I really hope that someone in the know will come and reply to "My" post . . .

To say the least - "Uncle" is quite "Bummed Out" . . .

@AG51 . . . If it really is what everyone s saying - I wish Ya' threw it "My" way so I could have found out . . . Just Sayin' . . .:facepalm:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
I surely most of gotten a different/wrong bottle . . . I have tried this "E-Liquid" now since last Monday on 3 different devices all with 2.0 oHm coils that were set anywhere from 8- 10 Watts (what I normal use) and I got barely any menthol at all . . . AND - After reading these reviews I was so anticipating finally having a "True Menthol Tobacco" similar to "Kool" cigarettes . . . I really hope that someone in the know will come and reply to "My" post . . .

To say the least - "Uncle" is quite "Bummed Out" . . .

@AG51 . . . If it really is what everyone s saying - I wish Ya' threw it "My" way so I could have found out . . . Just Sayin' . . .:facepalm:
I'm soooooooooo sorry Babes, I had no idea you was gonna gets a bum bottle or I would have sent it to ya fer sure :wub:

Reactions: Uncle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread