Call to Action for Delaware Updated - vaping would be banned wherever smoking prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA

ArtyPa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Delaware
Just sent this off to ENTIRE House of Representatives.
Tone of letter is for Del to listen to US Surgeon General regarding vaping.

Regarding HB 309 testimony I would like to share the pro electronic vaporizor sentiments of the 17th United States Surgeon General, Dr Richard Carmona.

Representative, can you please take steps to have the following comments placed into the public record during the HB 309 procedings.

A long time medical advocate and champion of the dangers of second hand CIGARETTE smoke, Dr Richrd Carmona has championed the use of electronic tobacco substitutes by publicly stating his support of their use.

Dr. Richard Carmona, the 17th U.S. Surgeon General said the devices have become a source of debate in public health care.
"I understand the struggle of people trying to fit it into a complex society. ‘It looks like a cigarette, so why don't we just regulate like a cigarette?'" he said. "But then there's the negative consequences."

The consequence of banning e-cigarettes in public spaces, he said, is that people no longer have access to something that reduces their tobacco use.

"I'd rather have to worry about getting people off of or withdrawing from nicotine in e-cigarettes than having them continue to smoke tobacco, which is combustible, which causes cancer and a whole host of diseases," he said.

Representative,
Thank you for listening to my advocacy as well as a US Surgeon Generals for fair treatment
of tobacco free solutions in public spaces. Allowing use of theses alternative devices will benefit the public by encouraging the use of non smoking alternatives.
Following the medical advice of a Us Surgeon General places you on the correct side of public health. Thousands of Delaware residents will have their lives saved because of vapor technology. It's use should be encourged.
Please be on the winning side and support full public use of electronic vaporizers.

Respectfully
Arty
Milton, De 19968

Sent by a wireless device.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Status