Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Hey all. I was looking for a bourbon or whiskey flavor to recreate Vermillion River Blend #7, and I started coming across lots of booze flavors that seem like they would go great with my mixes, especially tobacco blends. I vape zero nic, so anything that would add kick to my juices would be a welcome addition. Anyone have experience with any liquor/liqueur flavors and care to share insights and opinions?

Anyone have a preference between FA Jamaican Rhum and TFA Jamaican Rum? How about FA Brandy vs. Lorann's Brandy?

Here are all the flavors that I will probably be getting, some just for kicks and giggles:

FA Jamican Rhum
FA Brandy
FA Vanilla Bourbon

TFA Jamaican Rum
TFA Kentucky Bourbon
TFA Absinthe

LA Brandy
LA Butter Rum
LA Amaretto
LA Orange Brandy

Here are flavors I found that are not really on my radar personally, but others might consider:

FA Gin
FA Irish Cream
FA Red Wine
FA White Wine

TFA Champagne
TFA Hypnotica (Hypnotiq)
TFA Irish Cream
TFA Vanilla Bourbon

LA Champagne
LA Creme de Menthe
LA Nutty Amaretto

Basically, who has the best Rum? Who has the best Brandy? Should I use TFA KY Bourbon to clone Blend #7, or is there a better alternative?

Last edited:

MissAmerican

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I haven't tried brandy flavoring but I usually find FA flavors are better than Loranns, just my opinion anyway. I also prefer FA's vanilla bourbon it seems to me to be more true to its name. FW amaretto is pretty good but it is a very strong flavor, I usually don't go over 3 - 4% with that one. Try searching the forums for the most popular brandy and rum flavorings. Good luck!

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
A lot of Irish Creams taste to me like half&half or butter. Blech. For that one I like Capella IC so far.
Rum- VZSC Gourmet Vanilla Rum or Rum. Very, very potent. One or two drops per 10ml is all I use in a recipe. It's real tasting.
Whiskey- Inawera Whiskey is like Wild Turkey bourbon.
I have a bunch of different Amarettos. Another vote for FW, VZSC is good also.

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
I am a Flavor West guy myself. I have yet to buy a flavoring from them that did NOT taste good. They also sell smaller bottles on a sister site they run so if 4oz of flavoring is waaaaaay to much concentrate you can get small bottles there. I just mixed their whiskey and it is true to its name. My friend I got it for wants it a little sweeter because he is a jack daniels hound but other than adjusting the main concentrate to meet specific brand flavors of the real product I think that it is a huge success.

Hope that helps

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I have some TFA Kentucky Bourbon and FA Oak Wood. Been awhile but I use to mix these and thought at the time it was a good vape and easy to make. The Oak is a very dark liquid and the smell is really nice i.e. a sweet wood smell. The Kentucky Bourbon is a clear liquid with a sweet whiskey smell, almost a banana note to it. I use to vape VR KPB everyday before DIY. I also went thru a couple bottles of their No. 7. I liked it but it was the plain KPB that kept me coming back for more. I also really like their Classic Tobacco and vaped several bottles of that. If you could come close to the KPB clone I sure would like to try it. I made a couple of attempts but never got close enough to call it a clone. My try at the time follows:

Hazelnut 3%
Marshmallow 5%
carmel 3%
DK Tobacco 3%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread