• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Calling all Cheddar Curtain Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
"Whatever you are wearing is not your friend" had me LMAO......

My oldest bought a pair of "jeggings". I hate them, but she won when she announced they were only $8.
My comment that maybe there's a reason they cost so little went right over her head.:facepalm:
Sometimes I hate picking my battles. At least I don't have to wear them.......

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Skinny jeans....runway models....buying guides ......
Hmmmm......conversation doesn't flow as easily without frosty beverages.....

I got one, albeit boring -

Has anyone started their spring yard cleaning/planting yet?

My sweet FIL was at a plant show in Madtown and bought me the cutest surprise. I don't know how to explain it, but it's 3 levels of 4 containers. Once I put my Wave petunias in them and they grow out, it should look like a petunia tree.

I have seen home made variations of this on the Wave website and have been after MlrMan for years to make me one. Maybe this will encourage him to go all Tim Taylor and make me a bigger one ;)

I'm so excited to give it a try, I found their website and bought 2 more. One can never have too many brightly colored flowers in the summer, right?

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
You might not want him to go all Tim Taylor on your petunia's. You might end up with a petunia-delivery device that drives around the yard and tears up the grass (but...MORE POWER!!! ARRRRR....ARRRRR.....ARRRRR!!)

And then the FDA will come a knockin on yer door :blink:

Can I tell them the same thing I told the Health Dept. when they wouldn't stop calling me after Thing 1 was born and they wanted to do a "home check"? hee hee hee

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Has anyone started their spring yard cleaning/planting yet?

My sweet FIL was at a plant show in Madtown and bought me the cutest surprise. I don't know how to explain it, but it's 3 levels of 4 containers. Once I put my Wave petunias in them and they grow out, it should look like a petunia tree.

I have seen home made variations of this on the Wave website and have been after MlrMan for years to make me one. Maybe this will encourage him to go all Tim Taylor and make me a bigger one ;)

I'm so excited to give it a try, I found their website and bought 2 more. One can never have too many brightly colored flowers in the summer, right?

i went crazy last weekend with the annuals. went to "america's best flowers" in cottage grove, and was blown away--picked up some impatiens and begonias. also got a pretty hibiscus tree for my deck. i sunk quite a few new perennials into the ground some weeks ago, too...and they're all starting to come up. my yard is looking quite lively lately! i would LOVE to see that "petunia tree"! can you post the website?

that madtown plant show...was that at olbrich?

Last edited:

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
i went crazy last weekend with the annuals. went to "america's best flowers" in cottage grove, and was blown away--picked up some impatiens and begonias. also got a pretty hibiscus tree for my deck. i sunk quite a few new perennials into the ground some weeks ago, too...and they're all starting to come up. my yard is looking quite lively lately! i would LOVE to see that "petunia tree"! can you post the website?

While you were doing that - I went crazy last weekend at 'Americas best HotPockets' in Slinger and was awestruck by the selection of natures best, wholesome variations of Hot & Lean Pockets including: Lobster Pockets, New York Steak Pockets, Quiche and Omelet Pockets.:drool:

Last edited:

ShoeQueen

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Midwest
Am I Wearing Pants?: Pics, Videos, Links, News

What some women should take with them when pants shopping.....

omg... I loved this! And I know quite a few ladies that could benefit from this "guide", lol.

Now, as for checking in - I'm still here, still vaping, and am home sick today :(

I think we should try to get as many vapers together at Summerfest this year and prove to the public that there are vapers here in Wisconsin. How cool would that be?!?

Oh course, this could just be my fevered brain thinking it'd be cool. Between the high temp I'm running and dizziness I'm a little distract... Hey, look at that squirrel!

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
omg... I loved this! And I know quite a few ladies that could benefit from this "guide", lol.

Now, as for checking in - I'm still here, still vaping, and am home sick today :(

I think we should try to get as many vapers together at Summerfest this year and prove to the public that there are vapers here in Wisconsin. How cool would that be?!?

Oh course, this could just be my fevered brain thinking it'd be cool. Between the high temp I'm running and dizziness I'm a little distract... Hey, look at that squirrel!
Dear Shoe:

Get well soon (it was a rabbit) and YES it, "Is wrong to want your shoes and PV to coordinate" (most of the time).:spam:

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Lemme guess - the first word had 4 letters and started with an "F"

I was a little nicer.... I'm a "three times funny" kinda girl, so by that 3rd time, I think everything but the "F" word was used.
Surprisingly, since I really wasn't getting much sleep or eats at that time LOL

Dang woman! How are they all doing with with cold and rain?

I'm not sure where the show was. He speaks in general terms when in the Madison area, so it may have been. I'm thinking it was back in late March/early April?

Floridor | Home
FAST shipping! I ordered 2 from their site and they arrived a lot quicker than expected....or needed LOL But, at least I'm ready to go when ever things dry up enough to make my trip to the little farmer's nursery in Franksville....

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Hi gang, I'm still alive and kicking, but did get sidetracked from Cheddar Curtain things. First I was very active in the Anti Walker stuff, and didn't want to drag that into our little club, because I know a lot of you don't share my views,,, didn't want to rock the boat. I have felt a bond of friendship with people here that certainly transends political differences.

Now I'm in a whole new arena of distraction, though. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and I've been helping her a lot. I'm in Oconomowoc these days taking care of her. She had a mastectomy and I've been getting her to appointments, keeping the house clean, shopping, working on her financial stuff, and generally trying my best to be a good son.

She's scheduled to start Chemo, and I'm somewhat torn. It's looking like these treatments will go on into October, and she is coming to regard my presence here as a forgone conclusion. I miss my life, lol. All I can say is that I'm looking to find a way to make lemonade out of these lemons.

I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I send my best to everyone!

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Indeed, friendship should always transcend politics! Sorry to hear about your mother, but from what you are saying, it looks like things are going in a positive direction? Hope that's the case! Glad you are able to be there for her. Look forward to seeing you when all is good.

Thanks Thomas. She's recovering great from the surgery and seems stronger every day. The big worry for me is how far the chemo might set her back. I've seen people go through it, and it can be harsh, whew.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Extra special hugs for you, Harmony!

{{{Harmony}}}

If you're in Coonie, and need a break, gimme a shout - we can meet somewhere and vape the place cloudy :)

Hugs back ((((((((Vicks))))))). Sigh,,, I live on hugs these days. I'm in Ocon and would love to get together. Perhaps next weekend. My sister is done with school and is coming for a few days to give me a chance to get home to take care of a few loose ends. I had a tree go down at the rental house so I get to be a lumber jack for an afternoon,,, lol.

I thanked (((((((MlrGrl))))))) for the hug in the other thread, but here's another thanks in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread