Calling all Dog lovers - The Ehpro True MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
@Brewdawg1181 saw your post in the doggy thread, wanted to ask...

How tight can the 1.0 hole be compared to a doggy almost closed completely?

I like the doggy SUPER tight, like, I can barely see ANY opening in the airflow hole. That’s one of the reasons I like the doggy so much, and why other tanks haven’t ever done it for me. The “pre defined” holes, no matter how small, just aren’t tight enough.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Well, SK - you may be asking the wrong person, because I like them pretty open. In fact, the vape on this thing is so dense, I was kind of wishing it had an even larger intake option for when it's just too much vapor. For mtl'ing, it's throwing some unbelievable clouds. My wife was commenting on that last night.

But I just tried with it closed- nothing escapes. The tolerance between the af ring, combined with the oring works pretty well. Not true with the doggy. Even closed, some air will come thru, and you can get a vape. So playing with the True, I found that if you do just like you do on the doggy, and close off part of a hole, you can limit it as much as you want. So you could make a "crescent opening on any of the intakes, and get the draw you want.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
@Brewdawg1181 - is that tip (on the True-Not-Blue) proprietary, or will any 510 tip work? I can't tell from the pics.
I tried a handful- a couple I use on the doggy, and a KF from the Prime that I like, and they fit just fine. Seems it's a std. 510.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I tried a handful- a couple I use on the doggy, and a KF from the Prime that I like, and they fit just fine. Seems it's a std. 510.

Good, THANK YOU!!! :thumbs:

(almost forgot about the language rulez)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
It looks like the chimney internal diameter of the True is smaller than the Doggy. I might like the chimney on the True since I favor the Kayfun Prime over the Doggy.

chimney-ID.jpg

Screen grab from the Youtube demo of the True RTA
ehpro.jpg

I watched the video from the guy in the UK. He broke it down into the main components but I would have liked to have seen it broken down even further. When I clean my Prime or Doggy, I break them completely down. I wonder how easy it is to completely disassemble the True... and whether or not the sliding fill port can be disassembled.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I wonder where the blue one is? I think in that link I only see the ss version ...oops, I do see the black one too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm ready to pounce on it, but I need to think of a few other items to add to the order to make it worthwhile.

ETA: I couldn't find anything I really needed from Fasttech, so I just pulled the trigger and ordered the atty by itself. United States Express ePacket added $1.19 to the free shipping, but the projected delivery time dropped by about 4 days. I've had good results with U.S. ePacket.

Last edited:

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Well, mine turned up today.

On it's smallest airhole, it's nearly Nautilus tight. Nearly. I'd say it's similar to the Doggy with its airflow all but closed off - the Doggy might just go a smidgen tighter (trying that silly A-B thing) but that's just me. I think its bell/dome thingy is bigger than the Doggy's - it would make sense, because it's much easier to work on.

Installing one of the two supplied coils was easy (as a fan of stock coils and bvcs). I think they're maybe ~2.5mm ID. The one I'm using seems to be around 0.9 ohms.

Top fill? Oh. Really? I'm ok with bottom fill tanks, and I think that's just as well. The fill 'ring' is so tight that I've given up. I actually vaped with the ports wide open because I couldn't get it to budge. I closed it back off using a towel.

Anyway, the vape is nice, although I did install a longer 510 drip tip to cool it down a bit. I'm an 8 watt snowflake and found the supplied tip quite warm at anything more.

It is quite pretty. I like it and the airflow is decent. The [un-]top fill isn't a biggy & things might loosen up with time.

I hope you like yours. I like mine. Mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread