Calling all Dog lovers - The Ehpro True MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Just as you think your finished testing.
The fine folks at eleaf suprise you with a newbe.
Looks zazzy.
The new rim kit.
View attachment 812357

LOL, just when you thought you be getting back to your own gear. I do like the look of the mod. But the Melo 5 with all these heat sink rings looks a bit too much like a Dalek for my tastes.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA

Black wings

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    That Rim looks very nice and a built in 3000 mAH battery is perfect, I may pick one up and do a review.
    Cool bud.
    I will be using it over the next week and doing a review elsewhere (I don't review here as I feel being relatively new it's rude to unload reviews with minimal input into the community, and in all honesty I'm just enjoying the chat)
    That said, I will always post a pic of what arrives from the good folks out there so if anyone wants to know how I found it (I'm generally known for my charming brutal honesty, lol)
    Just give me a pm and I will message You back after I've suitably abused it.

That said it's a built in battery 80w eleaf mod so it's a damned safe bet I'd say. I've also been using the hw melo coils in the eden mods trillium and they're already superb.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Cool bud.
    I will be using it over the next week and doing a review elsewhere (I don't review here as I feel being relatively new it's rude to unload reviews with minimal input into the community, and in all honesty I'm just enjoying the chat)
    That said, I will always post a pic of what arrives from the good folks out there so if anyone wants to know how I found it (I'm generally known for my charming brutal honesty, lol)
    Just give me a pm and I will message You back after I've suitably abused it.

That said it's a built in battery 80w eleaf mod so it's a damned safe bet I'd say. I've also been using the hw melo coils in the eden mods trillium and they're already superb.

You need to come join us in the shiny thread, they'd all love to see what new toys you get to play with :thumb:

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    D6091A4C-7E62-4515-8201-4919F66CB207.jpeg

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Thought I was looking at one of my own pics for a split second, with Black & Silver True on Macro. But I've only got one Macro, and its alum. Those look great! Are the Classicals available now? I never heard from SBody.

Sparky!

Mar 31, 2019
    USA
    I love the vape from this tank, right before it starts to gurgle, and leak from the air hole. I have or had half dozen rta's that all had a port as opposed to channel. I've tried 3 builds with my preferred rayon and 2 with cotton bacon with all the same results. Wicks to the deck, just below the channel, and even a dam method. Using a 2.5 coil. Watched some reviews, read entire thread, and most seem to put tails to the deck without thinning much. I seem to be missing something.....any help is much appreciated. Don't care for the fill method but it's a damn fine vape.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I love the vape from this tank, right before it starts to gurgle, and leak from the air hole. I have or had half dozen rta's that all had a port as opposed to channel. I've tried 3 builds with my preferred rayon and 2 with cotton bacon with all the same results. Wicks to the deck, just below the channel, and even a dam method. Using a 2.5 coil. Watched some reviews, read entire thread, and most seem to put tails to the deck without thinning much. I seem to be missing something.....any help is much appreciated. Don't care for the fill method but it's a damn fine vape.

Mine's been spot on so far (a month or so?), but I really didn't put much thought into it. I think that's a 2.5 coil (could be 3.0 though). I just grabbed what felt to be a right amount of cotton, and shoved it in there. Nothing fancy...

True-Wicking_20190511_121125.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    LOL, just when you thought you be getting back to your own gear. I do like the look of the mod. But the Melo 5 with all these heat sink rings looks a bit too much like a Dalek for my tastes.

Daleks were one of the nice surprises in Doctor Who! Nasty and self serving, but entertaining.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I decided to live dangerously and put the bubble tank on one of mine. It's vaping beautifully.
    I use the bubble tank on mine too. I did drop it once in my driveway. Didn't bust the glass, but I busted the drip tip that was on there. It was the one that came with the tank, and I really liked it. None of my other tips look well on that tank.

Sparky!

Mar 31, 2019
    USA
    Mine's been spot on so far (a month or so?), but I really didn't put much thought into it. I think that's a 2.5 coil (could be 3.0 though). I just grabbed what felt to be a right amount of cotton, and shoved it in there. Nothing fancy...

View attachment 814637
    Thanks for the pic. Usually not much thought is required, some a little more, some a little less. Not like I'm launching the space shuttle...
    I think I'm trying to pack too much wick in the channel and some is getting caught in the threads. Guess that could cause it to puke (?)

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019

i believe your answer is in your post. only got this to leak on my first try with too much wick. you should be able to pack it into the slots with some room for your wick to expand. even at 2mm id, i thin it out. (ive been using brewdawgs tip with 2.5mm). tails touching the deck and tucked. keep the grooves clear of any wick. this way works well for me.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Reduced wick, thinned tails quite a bit. Wick to the deck. Nothing caught in the threads, feels smooth. Thanks so much for replying. Maybe someone can spot something in a pic.
    View attachment 814721 View attachment 814723 View attachment 814725

It looks fine to me, Sparky.

I have no idea if this is of any value, but I usually don't take my wicks all the way down to the deck. For reasons I neither know nor care, it always seems to be problematic for me when I do.

So I leave them dangling, cut just below the channels.

Could be absolutely worthless, but it works for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread