Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
:?:

I'm not sure I was klear. I was talkin' about ME. :)
I think Anna was saying she wasn't mad about the secret being let out.

But whuuh??? Who are you, and what have you done with Betty? I didn't even recognize you at first with your makeover! I mean, who is this girl, and where are her spreadsheets? Is there a hidden Boop image in there I couldn't find? :confused:
upload_2019-8-6_18-48-9.png

• Winner
Reactions: DPLongo22

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Thanks for the kind words, @bigbob2322 . But it was someone else (raise your hand) actually suspecting that it might seal better with juice on that upper gasket.

Mine, I only had that one leak. First build, and maybe less than 1/8mil, (1/16th tank) had leaked by the next morning. Not completely empty or anything, but a definite leak. My next build, I ignored their instructions to cut the wick short of touching the bottom, and wicked it like the doggy, all the way to the bottom, with a slight tuck underneath the raised part of the deck. Never a single drop since them, on any of my 3, hot cars, airplanes, nothing. I even forgot to close the lid one time after refilling, vaped at my desk for maybe 20-30 minutes before I noticed, and no leaks or gurgles.

Two of mine came from people here that had issues with them - I think one of the 2 said it leaked for them. The other, I think they didn't like the draw. But neither of those ever leaked a drop. And only that first one had a leak at all, in the 9 months or so I've been using them. I think we've all seen that some here, like me, had a mystery leak on the first try (Anna of course- several! :)), never happened again and they didn't know why. Early on in this thread, one person posted a pic of what looked like a damaged o-ring, but as far as I know that's the only one.
    I was the one that had a broken o-ring fresh out of the box, it's weird a leak happens on a brand new tank with the first build, when I get my new ones I'm going to try the wetting of the juice fill ports and see if I get a leak on the first build. Here's a shot of that o-ring that had a chunk missing from it.

20190110_140139.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    But whuuh??? Who are you, and what have you done with Betty? I didn't even recognize you at first with your makeover! I mean, who is this girl, and where are her spreadsheets? Is there a hidden Boop image in there I couldn't find? :confused:
    View attachment 830829

"Dammit Jim!"

Guess I have to go find my magical photo chopping skills and stick a Boob on there, eh?

It's KA with a KA! (I sound like a crow, don't I...)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I keep looking at this True RTA and I find that if it doesn't have liquid control, it will leak when refilling. Just like my Berserker. I have to bottom fill my it or it will leak. I only use high PG liquids that are very thin.

Anyone use high PG with a True???

I got a True a few weeks ago after reading some of this tread and liking the looks of it compared to my Doggies. I vape 100% PG. No leaks in use and none while top filling :cool:. I don't let it sit long with the fill ports open, but I also don't rush to get it done. I did make a mistake the first time I opened the tank to get at the build by opening the fill port when it was upside down and made a mess, but I only did that once.

I wick it the same as the Doggies ... Muji stuffed tighter in the coil than most people do, almost but not quite as tight as I do with Rayon, with the tails going through the wick openings, cut just shy of the deck. I use 3mm coils with my Doggies and started with the same in the True, so I thin the cotton so it isn't too tight through the wick passages. I'm not missing juice flow control at all.

Lifting the coil has also improved throat hit, which would seem to be lacking with this tank.

I also found less TH than with my Doggie builds. I ended up making a hotter build using less 28 gauge SS wire, 0.34 ohms instead of 0.5. I went to 2.4mm from 3mm to give an acceptable number of wraps and I set the coil as high as I can and still avoid shorting. Pretty nice vape, but it gunks faster than the Doggie builds. I have a couple ideas on how to maybe mitigate that a bit, but haven't tried a new build yet. I like to give it at a while with a given build to get a better idea of how it handles over time before I try something else.

I'm happy I bought this tank. I still prefer the Doggies, but this one is interesting and it's got me to experiment more with getting more TH in this style tank which is always a good thing :)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I got a True a few weeks ago after reading some of this tread and liking the looks of it compared to my Doggies. I vape 100% PG. No leaks in use and none while top filling :cool:. I don't let it sit long with the fill ports open, but I also don't rush to get it done. I did make a mistake the first time I opened the tank to get at the build by opening the fill port when it was upside down and made a mess, but I only did that once.

I wick it the same as the Doggies ... Muji stuffed tighter in the coil than most people do, almost but not quite as tight as I do with Rayon, with the tails going through the wick openings, cut just shy of the deck. I use 3mm coils with my Doggies and started with the same in the True, so I thin the cotton so it isn't too tight through the wick passages. I'm not missing juice flow control at all.

I also found less TH than with my Doggie builds. I ended up making a hotter build using less 28 gauge SS wire, 0.34 ohms instead of 0.5. I went to 2.4mm from 3mm to give an acceptable number of wraps and I set the coil as high as I can and still avoid shorting. Pretty nice vape, but it gunks faster than the Doggie builds. I have a couple ideas on how to maybe mitigate that a bit, but haven't tried a new build yet. I like to give it at a while with a given build to get a better idea of how it handles over time before I try something else.

I'm happy I bought this tank. I still prefer the Doggies, but this one is interesting and it's got me to experiment more with getting more TH in this style tank which is always a good thing :)
    Go figure...funny how we all can get different results. Any build I used got me more TH out of the True than I could with SXK or SJMY doggies, which is what made me switch. And TH didn't peak for me until I dropped from 2.5 dia to 2.0, and that was a really big difference. 7 wraps 28g, 0.58 is my sweet spot. I've always heard that raising the coil increases TH, but I can't really tell much, if any difference, so I just make sure it's at least 1mm or so above the port. But my experience is based on all VG, vs. your PG.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Go figure...funny how we all can get different results. Any build I used got me more TH out of the True than I could with SXK or SJMY doggies, which is what made me switch. And TH didn't peak for me until I dropped from 2.5 dia to 2.0, and that was a really big difference. 7 wraps 28g, 0.58 is my sweet spot. I've always heard that raising the coil increases TH, but I can't really tell much, if any difference, so I just make sure it's at least 1mm or so above the port. But my experience is based on all VG, vs. your PG.

Yup Brewdawg, we sure can get different results :). Sometimes it's important to define things well too. For example, I consider a coil at 1mm above the port to be close. I set mine at least 3mm above in the Doggies and that makes a noticeable difference. I had to make it slightly closer in the True because there isn't quite as much space in it. I actually had a short in my first build.

I decided to drill out the port under the coil in the True last night from 1.5mm to 1.8mm which opened up the draw a bit. That's closer to what I think I have in the SJMY Doggies, so it might make it more similar. So far my feeling is I have not made things worse from this change.

Another thing I do that I haven't mentioned is to space my wraps about 1 - 1.5mm apart, which widens the coil. I find that also helps with TH, but it's been a while since I played around with this and I don't remember how much of a difference it makes. I am also going to try a 2mm coil soon, specially now I know that you've had good results with this. It will also help me get a wider coil in there.

There's definitely a learning curve here, but I enjoy playing around with things :cool:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    ^^^^^ That was really neat. I am yet to be an advanced vaper I don't even THINK of attempting these kinds of things. LOL.

I got polishing stuff for my stabwood, perhaps I will give it to the kid to polish. He likes that sort of stuff. That's about as far as I will go.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'm afraid you now have "your" tank.

So how the heck did I end up with...

%D1%81%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%82-min.jpg

Five.

How the heck did I end up with FIVE ("MY tanks")???

It's KA with a KA! (I sound like a crow, don't I...)

Nopers, but I sure do love your Ka. :)

I got polishing stuff for my stabwood, perhaps I will give it to the kid to polish. He likes that sort of stuff.

I like to polish my wood too.

BTW - no leaks with either True yet, but I'm careful to always tighten the top cap (which is always why I seem to prefer bottom fillers). Less fuss (for me).

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I like to polish my wood too.

BTW - no leaks with either True yet, but I'm careful to always tighten the top cap (which is always why I seem to prefer bottom fillers). Less fuss (for me).

:lol::lol::lol: how have you got away with that comment for nearly 5 hours?!? ;)

• Winner
    Reactions: DPLongo22

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member