Calling all Dog lovers - The Ehpro True MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Still loving the True! Great flavor and no leaks with 70% PG juice. I can't tell if the flavor is better than the Doggystyle, but it is definitely better with Ahlusion's Lychee Coconut Smoothie than the doggy. When I have a few more Trues, I'll be able to compare them better, vaping the same juice in the Doggy as in the True. The filling is sooo easy! I love my doggies, and can't imagine ever retiring them, but I'm not sure how many more I will buy.

k3rb3r05

Jul 4, 2019
I really love this tank for the flavour and the vape it produces, but a have a strange problem.
After vapeing it a while i have a good amount of Liquid/condensation under the driptip around the chimneyhole, never had that with any other atty.

Does anyone else have that "problem"?
That's because chimney's bore size is 3mm and original dt's bore size is 2mm

k3rb3r05

Jul 4, 2019
Specs:
Temperature control
muji cotton
SS 316L coil (have tried 30awg / 28awg , 2.5 ID / 2 ID)

Couple of months ago, I decided to set my nautilus mini aside and get an mtl rta. I was doing research, and found this thread. I got my true like a month ago.

First time I built it, it obviously leaked. Because it was my first build ever. And it leaked badly. Got a mouthful of juice and juice out the AFC. Obviously too little cotton.

Ever since, I have yet tried many , many wickings. Too much cotton (2.5 ID coil stuffed with cotton and cotton not trimmed/thinned in the channels ), cotton cut short (the bell was lower that my cotton; had to tilt mod in an angle to see cotton), thinner wick going through the coil and channels. Never leaked.

But my problem is that either I get no flavor due to too much cotton either the coil or the channels (or both) or too little in either. The former results in no flavor or muted and the latter results in gargling / spitting / popping (but no leaks whatsoever , even if mod is laid on its side)

Best build that gave me best flavor (so far) was in the beginning with a 30 awg, 2.5 ID, SS coil (in TC). But can't replicate the build. I was like "WOW. I finally got it. And proceeded in vaping a tank or two. But I use commercial juices (to factor culprit out) so I had to rewick because flavor got muted. So, I know that the atty has great potential. I just can't get it right.

Current "run": better flavor, somewhat muted, some popping

Current build: SS 316L coil, 28awg, 2 ID , 7 wraps, spaced, TC
Y_yqldLITbS6cOgIYavCxg.png

5mm muji strip, wicked, cut off using the angled scissors trick, thinned tails
nYqi5UjpTQiB7n_6HH8X7A.png

packed (not tight)
zxr7BAzpSj2vgw2VlEQakA.png

primed
b1R7YDieQgOvDZMrynwrIg.png

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
And another.
It's funny, I've been only using True MTL for months, and relegated my doggies to the closet. All the new vapocolypse talk got me thinking... I checked how many doggies I had, and loaded one up to try. Great as ever. Still maybe a tiny smidge less satisfying than my True, but it really is so much easier & simpler to deal with ("....-fill" and all! ;)). So I'm keeping one in my rotation lately. I usually only have about 3 active tanks these days.

I'll probably order another handful of these for the stash. They just can't be beat at around $10, that's for sure.

edit: I'm getting old - need to increase nic for improved cognitive function. Until I saw @DPLongo22 's post, I thought I was posting in the Doggy thread! I'll blame Kat for the name of the thread.;)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
View attachment 850717 Here's what's keeping me from the doggies... Pic too large tho. [

I clearly run too much stuff.

But I hit it all, so I don't know what to do!!! ;)

Five or six different variations running at pretty much all times. I really do use them all too. I like to change up my vape (shrug).

I guess one would say that I'm moody. So be it! :2cool:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I clearly run too much stuff.

But I hit it all, so I don't know what to do!!! ;)

Five or six different variations running at pretty much all times. I really do use them all too. I like to change up my vape (shrug).

I guess one would say that I'm moody. So be it! :2cool:
I'm still using a few others still I guess. The GTR is just my newest toy today. I'm still using a Berserker in 2ml size, A Dvarw MTL v2, an OBS Engine MTL, Doggie 2K18 and a Doggie 2K16 that's mostly used for my DIY liquids I'm trying to get into. Not having too much luck for my tobacco flavor. I'm just too picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread