Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I have to get some of those... I'm currently liking these but.
Screenshot_20191206-204524~2.png

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    • Love
    Reactions: stols001

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    oday I became a PV Master!

CONGRATS, Smackster!!!! That's a fantastic feeling, if my memory serves...

My first job (back before electricity was built) was putting bait on hooks down at the local pier. I was so good at it that I actually became a Master Baiter in almost no time. THAT, lemmetellya, feel SO good!!!

:cool:

"G'nite, Gracie." :D

:rolleyes:

#gimmebackmyenvelope!

• Love
    Reactions: smacuser

Molchi

ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2017
    Germany
    Gnaaa i start to hate the True. Since i already have 2 of them working like a charm, i ordered one for a buddy. First of all the bubble tank was missing and instead of it there is a second small 2ml glas inside.
    So i coiled and wicked it last night and he filled it up to see how to handle it. After about a minute it startetd to leak and gurgle. So i raised the coil a bit since it looked like it was a bit low and was building a liquid-bridge to the airhole and wicked it again as i always do.
    A few minutes later the exact same problem happens. So i opened it again, but no bridge to the airhole this time and everything looked fine. I also changed the glas and the top o-ring just to be sure that it doesn't come from them.
    Then i thought maybe he didn't close it completely after filling since there is the little piece of a turn when it's almost closed, where it gets tighter, so i filled, closed and showed it to him. After staying here for about an hour and everything working just as it should he went home and i was sure it was him not closing it completely.
    Now i come home and have a message from him that it was flooding and gurgling again, and now i feel sad for him and am seriously running out of ideas what causes the flooding since the 2 i have vape just perfectly.

It's the same coil as mine which came with the tank, coiled it as mine, legs straight out from the screws, coil standing not hanging, so it has atleast 5mm to the airhole, cutted the cotton as always directly at the end of the liquidchanels so it doesn't touch the ground and it still leaks :cry:
    The only difference i noticed is that my glas sits slightly tighter as his, but i can't image this being the problem.

Sorry for the wall of text, but i start going crazy and if i wouldn'thave 2 of them already working i would really doubt myself

• Optimistic
    Reactions: DPLongo22

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Gnaaa i start to hate the True. Since i already have 2 of them working like a charm, i ordered one for a buddy. First of all the bubble tank was missing and instead of it there is a second small 2ml glas inside.
    So i coiled and wicked it last night and he filled it up to see how to handle it. After about a minute it startetd to leak and gurgle. So i raised the coil a bit since it looked like it was a bit low and was building a liquid-bridge to the airhole and wicked it again as i always do.
    A few minutes later the exact same problem happens. So i opened it again, but no bridge to the airhole this time and everything looked fine. I also changed the glas and the top o-ring just to be sure that it doesn't come from them.
    Then i thought maybe he didn't close it completely after filling since there is the little piece of a turn when it's almost closed, where it gets tighter, so i filled, closed and showed it to him. After staying here for about an hour and everything working just as it should he went home and i was sure it was him not closing it completely.
    Now i come home and have a message from him that it was flooding and gurgling again, and now i feel sad for him and am seriously running out of ideas what causes the flooding since the 2 i have vape just perfectly.

It's the same coil as mine which came with the tank, coiled it as mine, legs straight out from the screws, coil standing not hanging, so it has atleast 5mm to the airhole, cutted the cotton as always directly at the end of the liquidchanels so it doesn't touch the ground and it still leaks :cry:
    The only difference i noticed is that my glas sits slightly tighter as his, but i can't image this being the problem.

Sorry for the wall of text, but i start going crazy and if i wouldn'thave 2 of them already working i would really doubt myself

Many people have had unexplained leak issues when first using the True, but it's not usually a problem continually. I think it probably is the filling port not being closed completely. I would switch Trues with your friend for a day or two to see what happens. Give him one of yours that's working correctly and you keep his leaky one and see if you can sort out his issues. I bet you can.

Molchi

ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2017
    Germany
    Pretty risky to bet on me :D
    Yeah i know the true-factory with leaking atthe first 1-2 wickings, had that too.
    I will pick his up for a few days to see what it does, he swears that he didn't do anything, but who knows since he is a new vaper. He still has a Dvarw we also ordered, and has my nautilus and my Zlide, so i can keep my beloved trues close to me :)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Pretty risky to bet on me :D
    Yeah i know the true-factory with leaking atthe first 1-2 wickings, had that too.
    I will pick his up for a few days to see what it does, he swears that he didn't do anything, but who knows since he is a new vaper. He still has a Dvarw we also ordered, and has my nautilus and my Zlide, so i can keep my beloved trues close to me :)

You might switch out the o-rings to see if that's the problem. I suspect the True will perform well for you. Sounds like you are taking great care of your friend with a Dvarw, True, Nautilus and Zlide! Good for you!

Molchi

ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2017
    Germany
    Great idea, if it leaks on me too i will try my o-rings in his true, didn't even think about that. :rolleyes:
    Well not too much care, the dvarw and the true he bought, i just ordered it, and the other 2 i just lend it to him since i still have a ton of coils for the nautilus

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Weird, 3 days so far and it's still completely dry and works like a charm. Ddin't change anything, the only thing i did was tightening the 510pin-screw, which was way too loose. If that could have caused the leaking?

I don't ever remember hearing anything about a loose 510 pin causing leaking, but there are tons of people here at ECF who know much more about vaping than me who will probably weigh in on this.

Congratulations on having the True in perfect working condition! Enjoy!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Congratulations on having the True in perfect working condition! Enjoy!

I've been almost afraid to type that both of mine have been working wonderfully for a couple-few months now.

Uh oh. I probably shouldn't oughta done/said that. :blink:

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Weird, 3 days so far and it's still completely dry and works like a charm. Ddin't change anything, the only thing i did was tightening the 510pin-screw, which was way too loose. If that could have caused the leaking?

If 510 is loose, probably something loose in the head, not good as could cause a short, and can cause leaking, as juice can get under what is loose inside and run down the 510 or cause pressure loss.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread