Calling all Dog lovers - The Ehpro True MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
Judging by how different the top fill caps are on my two it can't be impossible that the AFC base is different between ours @Brewdawg1181.

I'd say on mine the smallest AFC hole is on par with the Dvarw with the stock (is it 1.2mm) pin inserted.

It is strange for sure, and I may well have a dodgy batch, but we'll have to wait until some more people get one to try to be sure I guess.

Reactions: stols001

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Mine is being even more awkward. The top-fill is still a no go, but attempts to adjust the airflow are now falling flat. It's especially annoying since no hole is open. I like a tight draw, but that's a wee bit OTT. When I try changing it, I just unscrew the base of the tank (or overtighten it).

I guess there's always WD-40. (Not).

• Optimistic

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Wow, that's a shame. Mine has been stellar. Leaked the first time I built it, but I think I just didn't have it tightened enough after getting used to barely snugging the doggy. Dry as a bone underneath since. Rebuilt the first time last night, and it was a breeze - really love the wire trapping.
And the vape - still awesome. So much more full & flavorful than anything I've tried. This thing has been getting all my attention, and my doggies are just sitting around. Never thought that'd happen. I'm thinking about ordering another now.

I checked out Busardo's review on it to see if he mentioned anything about disassembling the top, but he didn't. He really liked the tank, though.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have another SSI hearing in January. If my application finally gets approved, I plan on spending some money on DIY stuff. Mainly bottles and beakers, maybe a new flavor or two. I buy new batteries every year or so, but I'm pretty stocked on everything else I need. But then there's what I want.. :cool:
    This RTA is certainly now on my WANT list!

• Agree

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Okay, I think it's official. A couple of really easy rebuilds. No leaks, no seepage, no gurgling at all, just like a good Doggy. I can't believe it, but it's still a better, more solid, flavorful vape than my doggies. It's pretty much replaced them in the last couple of weeks. Even though filling Doggies never bothered me, I am really liking the top fill. And unlike the new Doggy 2K18, no having to deal with a jfc. I don't think I ever want to deal with those again (just wick already - I have other things to worry about!). I think with a little better vape, top fill, easier wire trapping, and a better afc, this really is an upgrade.

At first I thought it might be a guzzler, but then remembered it's only 2ml, rather than the 3.5 of doggy. Now I'm realizing it really only sips. That's almost a day for me, so I actually kind of like it. I can top it off and adjust on the fly, and I'm a dedicated tank mixer. And there's the bubble tank to take it to 3ml, so that ought to satisfy people that want more. And with the top fill, you can actually fill it up to max capacity, to the point there's not even a bubble in there.

I really can't recommend this enough if you like doggies, or are just an MTL'r. I thought I'd stick with Doggies for years to come (hence my purchase of a bunch of them!), but I really love this tank. And FT has it for only $22, I think, so I'll probably have to order another shortly.

edit: Oops - it was Heaven Gifts that I won it from, so I'll get the next one from them!

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I swear someone on here said... you have to order a backup...... for your backup......for your backup.....right? :unsure:

It's been said on every thread forever.... and ever.... and ever.... on every thread. ;)

Not news. :)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Well....apparently you have to close the AFC when you fill from the top. I just refilled mine for the first time and it flooded like crazy!
    How long did you leave it open, SKYY? I've never messed with afc at all when refilling, but only leave it open for a moment - just long enough to fill. I haven't had issues since the first one I built. I think that one leaked because after being used to the doggy, I didn't really tighten the tank together well enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread