Calling all Dog lovers - The Ehpro True MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I use the bottle on the far right now. The tip on the Unicorn bottle I was using just wouldn't fit in my True.
    DIY%20mix.jpg

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I would already own one but I really hate Ultem, how are your threads holding up so far?
    No problem at all, Bob. Yeah, I don't hate ultem, but it wasn't something I'd have picked for looks. But now that I have it, I really do like the look of this one.

For regular rebuilding, the threads on the ultem don't even come into play. There's no need to unthread the top part when you rebuild, and removing the tank from base doesn't involve ultem threading. That threading is in the chimney.

You can see that the ultem threads are pretty coarse. I just took it apart for this pic, and the threading starts really easily, no feeling of potential accidental cross threading. And I learned from the doggy that there's no real need to tighten thing very hard - it's not like the tanks are pressurized or anything. Good contact is all that's required.
    upload_2020-1-26_16-20-53.png

I've taken the ultem apart from the top part of the tank once, just to give it all a good clean. And even then, as long as you don't get in a hurry and cross thread it, there's no reason it shouldn't hold up for ages. Still, I guess it'd be good to get spares like you would any other tank. The rest of this thing is so well built, it should last virtually forever, except maybe the insulator.

Other than the vape, there are a couple of things I've really come to like on this. The screws are really beefy, and long. Other tanks, I had to be careful not to back them out too far when rebuilding. Not so with this one. I also like the "cup" area to tuck the wick in. With Doggy & True, if you don't build it just right, the wick can contact the chimney and get buggered up when you unscrew to inspect the build, and this design eliminates that. And I've said it in earlier posts, but I love that there is NEVER condensate under the tank. Now, when I go to clean the 510, there's never residue there like there was with previous tanks, which should help make the mod last longer.

The only negative about it is it's not quite as easy to fill as the True, since you remove the cap. Well, True is about as easy as it gets. But the True design means that eventually that gasket will wear out, and you can't replace it, so this one is easy enough, and more durable.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I use the bottle on the far right now. The tip on the Unicorn bottle I was using just wouldn't fit in my True.
    DIY%20mix.jpg
    Like Bob, my gorillas fit the True, but I always pop out the drip tip to make it easier. Reminds me though, one thing I'm not missing with the True is all the blowing bubbles out of the opposite hole when filling if the tank wasn't upright overnight. ;)

Reactions: DPLongo22

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I'm stuck with 3mm cotton right now, and 26ga 316L wire. I will order some 2mm, and 28ga wire next time and give it a whirl. Any thoughts on SS vs Kanthal?
    To be honest, I really don't remember. I started with SS, tried Kanthal early on, but preferred 316L for some reason. I don't remember what it was about it. I kind of remember researching "safest" wire back then, and I might've stuck with SS because of something Dr. Fasalinos wrote, but I'm not sure. I do remember that I was stuck on 2.5mm for a long time, and Dubminer on the doggy thread convinced me to try 2.0 instead, and that was a huge difference for me.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    The only reason I have not tried the True is because it has no liquid control. I love the way you refill it but I use High PG liquids that are very thin and I'm afraid it will always leak out the air hole.

I use 70% PG juice and I don't have a problem with the True leaking unless I don't close the fill port all the way.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Reminds me though, one thing I'm not missing with the True is all the blowing bubbles out of the opposite hole when filling if the tank wasn't upright overnight. ;)
    When I open the top cap, both of the fill ports have a film of eliquid covering them. I just do a quick blow of air over them to open them up/remove the layer. There's an earlier post (Calling all Dog lovers - The Ehpro True MTL RTA) in this thread that turned me on to this trick.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    When I open the top cap, both of the fill ports have a film of eliquid covering them. I just do a quick blow of air over them (like whistling without the whistle..) to open them up/remove the layer. There's an earlier post (like a year or two ago) in this thread that turned me on to this trick.
    I do that too, sometimes. But it can still get a little messy. Sometimes I just stick a toothpick, screwdriver, or whatever in there to break the film. No matter what, though, it takes a little extra time to dab out the juice from those slots when you're done, so they don't get pocket lint.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am building it tonight per all reports (and the Fumytech Rose V3 with a single diagonal coils IS my favorite MTL RTA. I actually bought two so I... .

Well, I expect great things but I have REALLY needed to clean and I did and went to Walmart, now it's yoga, eating, then the Precio. It has sat too long, but my week contained 15 weeks I have no clue how but there were 15 workdays between each weekend.

It's all peaceful and organized and not malodorous in here now. It was starting to get a bit,, .Well, it's Fine NOW. That is what counts,

Anna

Northnet

Jan 23, 2020
    Durham, UK
    To be honest, I really don't remember. I started with SS, tried Kanthal early on, but preferred 316L for some reason. I don't remember what it was about it. I kind of remember researching "safest" wire back then, and I might've stuck with SS because of something Dr. Fasalinos wrote, but I'm not sure. I do remember that I was stuck on 2.5mm for a long time, and Dubminer on the doggy thread convinced me to try 2.0 instead, and that was a huge difference for me.

So....no leaks. But it is clear why, a few slightly dry hits this morning caused me to open the fill ports to let some air in, which fixed it. But the message was, too much cotton in the slots. That was the 3mm coil & cotton, I did thin the tails out a bit but obviously not enough (I know, I know, but thinning tails goes against the grain for me, when I know too thin means flooding). I hate having to faff around. So now I'm on 2mm 26ga Kanthal coil and matching 2mm cotton (not thinned), tails just to the bottom of the slots. 7 wraps comes out at 0.73 ohms, and I've dropped the wattage to 8, down from 10. Still dry, good draw, and nicely balanced flavour. Maybe this will be the sweet spot...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread