Camel SNUS love it! But does it contain sugar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
Probably, American snus has higher nitroasomines then swedish snus. As far as i know swedish snuff is made using salt and is usually not very sweet. American snus as with chewing tobacco is made using fermentation. As far as the atkins goes, be careful it can kill you. Muscle needs carbs, atkins cuts out carbs, so you will lose muscle and fat. The heart is a muscle, so your heart will weaken in the absence of carbohydrates. Just some info I picked up last night.

nikomoul

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Probably, American snus has higher nitroasomines then swedish snus. As far as i know swedish snuff is made using salt and is usually not very sweet. American snus as with chewing tobacco is made using fermentation. As far as the atkins goes, be careful it can kill you. Muscle needs carbs, atkins cuts out carbs, so you will lose muscle and fat. The heart is a muscle, so your heart will weaken in the absence of carbohydrates. Just some info I picked up last night.

THanks, Steve. I can see the Atkin's is high fat too so i know that can't be good for me either. I am not sure i have any muscles to lose. I am a total weakling. LOL.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Most sweetened tobacco products do not contain sugar, but use an artificial sweetener. I can't say for certain, but would guess that's the case with Camel (I have a tin of Mellow in my back pocket as I type). Even if it did have sugar, the amount would be miniscule, hardly of concern. If you like it, use it.

smokinsimon

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
I'm hypoglycemic, I get foggy, cant talk straight, get real sick, and shaky when sugar bottoms out, I use Camel snus every day, both frost and mellow, I have 12 more cans in the fridge, and one in my pocket, and two in my mouth right now, it is sweet, but it does not have enough sugar or sweetener in it, to even have a small effect on my sugar. I get more of a sugar bump from a piece of gum.

xhepera

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009

Not to veer too terribly off topic, but a modified version of the Atkins diet is what keeps this diabetic's blood sugar level, weight, cholesterol and blood pressure down. My doc asked me on my visit a month ago what I had been doing over the past 4 months because he was "astounded" at how my numbers had dropped. He was surprised to hear about the diet but approved as long as it's doing what it's doing. Cholesterol and triglycerides plummeted, blood pressure down to normal, 50 pounds lighter. Just because some people use the excuse of the Atkins diet to continue their bad eating habits (eating nothing but fried, fatty animal foods and such) is not an indictment of the principles behind it.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Man, trying to get info on the Camel snus is a challenge. I even called what passes for product support. Asked what the intended nic per portion was and after the guy put me on hold for awhile he finally replied "I don't know.". Asked if there was any place I could purchase larger cans then the 12 portion, and his reply was "I don't know"...

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Well folks, I e-mailed them and they gave me this site. It lists ingredients by brand and style. If you want to get really upset, check out the analog additives.

R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company | Brand Compounds

Hope this helps.

Now really, why would anyone get upset over that list? Most every thing in it is found in other food products...:rolleyes:

That's more info than I got firechick. still didn't see anything relating to the snus products though. I did check into the company that manf the snus for RJR, British American Tobacco. They had even less info than RJR regarding ingredients and additives.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
Now really, why would anyone get upset over that list? Most every thing in it is found in other food products...:rolleyes:

That's more info than I got firechick. still didn't see anything relating to the snus products though. I did check into the company that manf the snus for RJR, British American Tobacco. They had even less info than RJR regarding ingredients and additives.

It's there. Choose Camel for "brand family" drop down menu and Camel Signature Mellow, Camel Signature Frost, Camel Signature Infused, or Camel Signature Robust for the brand style drop down menu.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
It's there. Choose Camel for "brand family" drop down menu and Camel Signature Mellow, Camel Signature Frost, Camel Signature Infused, or Camel Signature Robust for the brand style drop down menu.

Yeah, I looked at 'em again. The wording makes it seem as though these are cigarette compounds rather than snus. But given that this is RJR, who can tell.

I do like the flavor of the Camel snus, but it just doesn't deliver the nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread