Camel Snus

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
I bought a couple of these over the weekend to give a try. I like the Frost though it's a tad sweeter than I would like. Problem I;m having with it is the pouches seem to break or disintergrate after about 20 minutes. Happened 3 or 4 times now with the Frost. I also tried plenty of the General and never had one do this. Any one else having this issue? Not a big deal just a little annoying.

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
I tried them and didn't have any problem with them breaking up either. General is my fav. Camel snus is WAY to sweet and gives me horrible heartburn.
Yes sweet they are.:D Ive been using them first thing in the morning only. Once they are gone I probabaly won't buy it anymore unless I'm totally out and have no choice. Looking forward to placing an order with Northener on payday to get a little variety. I do like the General stuff so far. Thinking of tryint the top 10 sampler they have to start.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Actually I bought a 10-can sampler and quickly found out my size is the mini, so I just cut the regular ones with a knife (after separating tobacco to the sides a bit) and use them by halves. Even in this way I do not have problems with them disintegrating before they are exhausted after an hour or so and I start playing with then, sucking the taste and relocating the pouch. Even then it´s usually just tiny bits of tobacco that fall loose. After an hour or so in one place they become very compact and sort of wet-pressed which might be the reason.

This worked for General and Ettan for me.

smokingclam: If you are thinking of this: Starting Kit, swedish snus, tobacco, General White, Ettan Portion, Wise Citrus/Menthol, Goteborgs Rape, General Mini, CatchDry Eucalyptus, Northerners Energy Snus, General Portion, I can only recommend it. Even though it is a bit General-heavy, it is a perfect sampler.

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
Actually I bought a 10-can sampler and quickly found out my size is the mini, so I just cut the regular ones with a knife (after separating tobacco to the sides a bit) and use them by halves. Even in this way I do not have problems with them disintegrating before they are exhausted after an hour or so and I start playing with then, sucking the taste and relocating the pouch. Even then it´s usually just tiny bits of tobacco that fall loose. After an hour or so in one place they become very compact and sort of wet-pressed which might be the reason.

This worked for General and Ettan for me.

smokingclam: If you are thinking of this: Starting Kit, swedish snus, tobacco, General White, Ettan Portion, Wise Citrus/Menthol, Goteborgs Rape, General Mini, CatchDry Eucalyptus, Northerners Energy Snus, General Portion, I can only recommend it. Even though it is a bit General-heavy, it is a perfect sampler.
Actually it 's the second one they have I was looking at....Top 10, Snus Box, swedish snus, tobacco, Lucky Strike Original, Nick & Johnny, Roda Lacket, Grovsnus, Goteborgs Rape, Catch Eucalyptus, Wise Citrus/Menthol, Ettan Portion, Skruf Stark Portion, General Portion

I'm pretty stocked up on General stuff right now cause I can buy that locally.

Last edited:

makdevo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Portland Oregon
I got some Camel snus today. Man that stuff is strong.
Has anyone ever tried to make eliquid from this stuff. I have read some of the efforts that people have gone to to make juice from other nico products. It seems like this one is ideal.

Mix some PG and or VG, soak these pouches in it and the vap away. The flavoring is already there.

I wonder if anyone has tried it yet.

angel.white

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Kansas
I tried these pouches too (mellow flavour), last night, because of TropicalBob's advocation. I had one, got a little buzz, so tried another maybe 20 min later. Wow, I got a buzz and a headache :p I'm not used to that much nic I guess, I only smoke Marlboro lights, and only half a pack a day.

On a side note, I was generating spit.

Mohave

ECF Veteran
I had one, got a little buzz, so tried another maybe 20 min later. Wow, I got a buzz and a headache :p I'm not used to that much nic I guess, I only smoke Marlboro lights, and only half a pack a day.
I think TropicalBob may have said something about this already in his helpful informative posts, but I find these things deliver the nicotine in a more gradual way that tends to builds up over the course of an hour, unlike smoking which delivers it almost immediately in one quick chunk. So, you probably don't want to do that. Certainly not at first when you don't have intuitive experience with the different dosing curve from them.

I've been a two pack a day smoker for many years who has very recently started trying Snus (sampling domestic & Swedish) and I find them at first unsatisfying in the immediate way that a cigarette is, but with a little time the nicotine kicks in fully, and even with my high nicotine tolerance it'd be just too much for me to pop in another after only 20 minutes. Even the Camel Snus with only something like 6-8mg (the Swedish varieties I'm so far liking best have as much as 16mg) I find the nicotine effect gradually builds for as long as hour or so, and I'd suggest waiting at least that long before reaching for another. At least while first getting used to them. Even a heavy smoker like me.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Excellent suggestion, Mohave. A Camel snus is pleasant tasting and can easily last an hour. Very few people chain-smoked cigarettes all day, and it's no more valid to chain-snus all day. Use one. Rest a bit. Use another. A really rough day for me means using about six pouches.

Radiokaos: I think Marlboro snus are now off the market. A major complaint was that they weren't nearly strong enough. Regular snus users pegged them at about 2mg each. Maybe these aren't for you if you reacted poorly to a Marlboro. All others are stronger.

Mohave

ECF Veteran
Among the Camel Snus, I found the "mellow" variety most pleasant for my taste as a smoker of bulk tobacco varieties that resemble a slightly stronger version of the kind of blend used to make regular full strength Marlboros. I imagine the "frost" flavor Camel Snus might appeal to a menthol smoker. I thought "frost" tasted like sucking on a peppermint stick. I don't like peppermint sticks. I like tobacco. Mellow tasted of tabacco to me.

I think Camel Snus "mellow" could possibly work for me as my main tobacco product if the price/quantity/value equation was a little better. Swedish Snus are available in a much wider range of strengths and unique complex tastes, and provide more product for less money. But I personally have liked the Camel mellow well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread