Camel SNUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
As many of you know I was going to buy the IQOS heated tobacco device but am skeptical because not lots of research is known on it being safer than cigarettes yet.. On the other hand, I researched on WEBMD about SNUS and they confirmed it is on the lower end of harm in tobacco products, would this be my best bet for someone that absolutely LOVES tobacco?

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
As many of you know I was going to buy the IQOS heated tobacco device but am skeptical because not lots of research is known on it being safer than cigarettes yet.. On the other hand, I researched on WEBMD about SNUS and they confirmed it is on the lower end of harm in tobacco products, would this be my best bet for someone that absolutely LOVES tobacco?
Camel Snus and Swedish Snus are 2 different things in the way they are processed and the level of risk, you want to go with Swedish Snus. Do a Google search of "American Snus vs Swedish Snus" for more information. General Snus is sold in some stores here in the US, but ordering from Sweden is cheaper if you order in quantity. The biggest problem I had was finding what I liked. My first 3 orders from Sweden was lots of different ones to figure out what I liked. My last 2 orders was to stock up on what I ended up liking so I could get the shipping cost down. Good Luck. :)

The popular thread for us Snus users here is
What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

I have looked, and the forums dedicated to Snus are mostly dead now days, there are a few posters, but not many.
snusology.com
SnusOn Snus Forum & Community

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You could use NET (naturally extracted tobacco juices) or WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid juices, they contain similar alkaloids as snus). If you aren't worried about hand to mouth and inhalation, then snus is safer yes, although as other posters have stated, Swedish snus is really the gold standard for snus and safety. If you are looking for a similar tobacco effect, though either WTA e-liquids or snus should do it. Regular e-liquid is usually nicotine only.

Best of luck,

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That and $125 for what looks to be one of the worlds lousiest pod mods doesn’t sound like a very good deal. You’ve definitely got a thing for Philip Morris products it seems. Long term dipping products tend to do funny things with your mouth. Then there’s the constant spitting. Dunno if that happens with snus or not I’m not familiar with it.

One thing I get from your multiple posts though is you want to avoid vaping if possible. Or something anyway. I can’t quite figure it out.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think he's trying to track down and spot "offenders" that might cause him to, you know, stop smoking. He wants to make sure he is covering all bases. Including the IQOS, snus, and any other possible harm reduction methods.

So: to help-- nicotine gum. It tastes peppery. Gotta avoid the peppery taste, it's not good for you... Oh wait, I think they make if flavored now. Same for the lozenges.
The patch-- May give you nightmares... Oh wait, can take it off at bedtime.
Chantix-- PLEASE actually avoid this one, you may live longer (your posts cause me to place you in the high risk side-effects group) so you may be better off smoking.
Hypnosis-- That might actually HELP you, you seem very susceptible to the influence of others. Go see a hypnotist and tell them that you want a safe harm reduction method, up to and including vaping and Swedish snus, the two things that would actually help you ENJOY quitting smoking....

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
What I get out of the OP's threads is;

Wants to smoke, tired of parents, family & friends hassling him about it.
(showing love & concern for his health)
Tried juul, loved it at first, disappointed soon after, stopped using it.
Received many suggestions of other vape equipment to try.
Went back to smoking a limited amount of cigs , then tried a few completely inadvisable possibly dangerous concoctions in attempt to keep smoking but not use cigs.
Made a thread proclaiming his unwillingness to stop smoking & plan on how intends to go about it.
Asked about heat not burn tobacco product.
Asked about snus.

The OP needs to get a job, move out, pay his own bills and for all necessities to support himself, then do as he pleases.
If he wants to smoke, smoke. no one can change his mind or stop him.
When you're ready to quit, vaping has worked for many folks, snus has too, as have nicotine patches, gum & lozenges.
Then there's hypnosis, acupuncture & meditation any one of which has help plenty folks quit.
Of course many quit everyday by simply putting cigs down & walking away / cold turkey.

Most people find you have to have the desire to quit.
if you don't have the desire to quit, get a job, move out, pay your own way in life...

---> Smoking 5 cigarettes a day
---> https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...king-to-satisfy-my-cigarette-cravings.846339/
---> So here's where I'm at now... not ready to quit
---> https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/iqos-i-might-buy-one.848911/

A child with too much free time on his hands & interwebz access.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread