Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So I broke the screen on my drone 250c. I actually have a screen to replace it with leftover from a failed repair attempt on a VTX200 squonk, but I don’t know how to get the drone250c apart to do the replacement. I contacted the EVOLV site, but the lostvape site has what appears to be a broken age verification screen I can’t get through. It wants me to prove I am over 18 but gives me no actual options to do so. Could be a browser issue on my end I guess (firefox for iOS on iphone7 and Safari for iOS (-current)

anyone else having this problem with the lostvape site?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I believe Evolv is the warranty support for US customers. I would just open a ticket with them and wait for them to get back to you, which is usually in a day or two. Even if you get through to Lost Vape, they'll just refer you there.
I did manage to get past the screen using my desktop and left a report on their website issue in the “contact us” section. Didn’t find the help I needed there. I will follow your advice. Thanks :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: HigherStateD

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There is a YT video in this thread, not in English but demonstrates how to disassemble the older DNA 166 Drone. Willing to bet the same procedure for the 250C Drone.

Lost Vape Drone 250C issues.

yeah. Saw this thread. It seems to be about leakage issues which I never had all that much of a problem with myself.
If you’re talking about the smoking maniac.com video in Russian(?) I’m afraid it only talks about filling the tank and replacing the batteries. I gotta get the board out. Thanks for looking though :)

Reactions: Eskie

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Bulgarian (according to my cat). Watch the video, around 13:00 mark he removes 2 screws from the battery/bottle tray that looks like it disconnects the front faceplate. From there, there is a couple more screws to remove the housing from the board.

This Reddit thread describes much the same.

Lost Vape Drone BF / Triade screen Lifehack : electronic_cigarette

• Useful
Reactions: Eskie

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I know offhand that you can disassemble the front somewhat by removing the 2 screws on the top at the front, and then there's 4 screws in the battery/bottle compartment at the back of the front behind the board.

I hope that this is of some use to you @bombastinator and that you hopefully understand my instructions. Best of luck.

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I know offhand that you can disassemble the front somewhat by removing the 2 screws on the top at the front, and then there's 4 screws in the battery/bottle compartment at the back of the front behind the board.

I hope that this is of some use to you @bombastinator and that you hopefully understand my instructions. Best of luck.
Their site age verification apparently works correctly if one uses internet explorer (?!) on a desktop. That’s some out of date stuff. At any rate I managed to get onto their site.

I got an email from lost vape with an RMA number, but no price or date or anything which worries me. Also I have to print it out which will require dezombifying my laser printer.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Their site age verification apparently works correctly if one uses internet explorer (?!) on a desktop. That’s some out of date stuff. At any rate I managed to get onto their site.

I got an email from lost vape with an RMA number, but no price or date or anything which worries me. Also I have to print it out which will require dezombifying my laser printer.
@Mordacai i also do not have particularly high hopes for dezombifying my laser printer. I was told on the evolv form that the chances of them simply sending back a repaired drone are extremely high though

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread