Can’t figure out what makes my stomach hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnPrecious

Mar 18, 2018
So, I’ve noticed there are some thing I can’t vape with a bellyache. There was a great coupon on Mothers Milk so I bought it. I’ve read how similar MM is to Unicorn Milk I thought I was safe. UM is my favorite e-juice atm.

Nooooooo! I don’t think they taste a like at all and it hurts my stomach. Vanilla X from cravin vapes has a similar taste and belly feel.

dessert flavors tend not to be my friend.

Reactions: stols001

DamnPrecious

Mar 18, 2018
Weird flavoring allergy maybe? Standard site boilerplate here is if you have a medical problem see a doctor.

I’m thinking it’s a flavoring, I just can’t figure out which one it is. Anyone know the difference between the juices? I haven’t been vaping long enough to develop knowledge of flavors.

I’m not asking for medical advice, just want to steal some knowledge about flavors.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
IMO MM is more custard and UM more creamy. I can’t tell you whats causing your tummy trouble but I’d consider if other custards also cause issues or perhaps a flavor or additive used to boost that "custard" delivery. Perhaps compare Vanilla X with MM to determine mutual components. Good luck!

DamnPrecious

Mar 18, 2018
IMO MM is more custard and UM more creamy. I can’t tell you whats causing your tummy trouble but I’d consider if other custards also cause issues or perhaps a flavor or additive used to boost that "custard" delivery. Perhaps compare Vanilla X with MM to determine mutual components. Good luck!

Custard like creamy flavor. Is custard used in a lot of dessert recipes?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Store bought flavors have proprietary recipes in that they don't publish the ingredients. I DIY so I have some idea as to brands and reputations for each ingredient.

DIY gives a lot more control. Never had stomach issues either way, just when I had a little to much Nic.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Custard like creamy flavor. Is custard used in a lot of dessert recipes?
As @Frenchfry1942 stated, bought ejuice recipes aren’t published. Though I’d speculate it probably is used a lot in certain types of dessert recipes. My daughter has a come across a couple juices she likes the taste of but can’t vape because they give her a headache. So I know some people are more sensitive than others to certain ingredients. Don’t quote me on this because I really DON’T know what I’m talking about concerning this topic... Have you considered diacetyl sensitivity?

DamnPrecious

Mar 18, 2018
As @Frenchfry1942 stated, bought ejuice recipes aren’t published. Though I’d speculate it probably is used a lot in certain types of dessert recipes. My daughter has a come across a couple juices she likes the taste of but can’t vape because they give her a headache. So I know some people are more sensitive than others to certain ingredients. Don’t quote me on this because I really DON’T know what I’m talking about concerning this topic... Have you considered diacetyl sensitivity?

No, i hadn't but isn't there more diacetyl in cigarettes?

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
No, i hadn't but isn't there more diacetyl in cigarettes?

Google says...
Diacetyl in cigarettes compared to eliquid:
Diacetyl and acetyl propionyl in cigarettes is, on average, between 10-100 times higher than in eliquid.

However, just because google says so doesn’t mean you should believe it. I recommend researching for yourself until you feel confident in the answers you find.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
So maybe it isn’t diacetyl sensitivity. I’m just trying to get you thinking on whats actually in the two juices which cause you belly ache. Hope you figure it out but if not I’d just steer clear and make note of the one’s you come across causing this symptom. Perhaps it’ll be easier to figure out after more "juice experience.” Though I might be wrong, I think MM only has a few ingredients. So if you research those, maybe that’ll help.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
You don't say what kind of tummy ache...

But my "guess" would be ummm...lower end type of tummy ache ?
I would suspect the sweeteners.
Makes since! In my experience, too much nic is higher and almost more of a heart burn type discomfort. We experience that lower when consuming sweeteners and especially sugar substitutes. Good answer!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you are swallowing some of your vape, you could get more queasiness or nausea, my husband gets that effect. I don't think LARGE amounts of vapor make it to your stomach but it's quite possible a small amount does. Because, during the inhale, (I'd imagine especially if you are using DL and going through more liquid, that means more nic will reach your stomach, and that may cause upset.

It could be the vehicle by which you are 'swallowing" sweetner, as well. I'd have a hard time thinking that sweetener (many of them are diuretics, they may give you some gastric discomfort) but if you are swallowing some of it, well, it may be enough to cause an effect, I'd think. Some sweeteners can be fairly potent laxatives, and that can upset your stomach.

Please note I am totally speculative here, I don't know what is going on, but those are the ideas that occurred to me. If it persists, I might see a doctor, for sure, to either help you isolate what is going on (it may or may not be vape related even ,we don't know) but you may be able to get help from you doc concerning how to perhaps isolate vape ingredients, one at a time.

This IS a time (if you get cleared by your doc) where DIY MAY be of use to you, as you'd have total control over your ingredients. It usually takes a while to get going and discover flavors, nicotine and recipes you enjoy, but you would have total control in the sense that you might start to learn what flavors (if it is flavors and not something else) irritate you vs .the ones you can cope with and different types of sweeteners and etc . Unfortunately, many flavor manufacturers have a bit of a "black box" surrounding them, and it's hard to know what is in them. I have a flavor I cannot vape, it's vanillas. IDK why, but they make me hoarse so I avoid them (I DIY).

Best of luck in getting it figured out.

Anna

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
It’s not lower end or heartburn, it could be setting off my GERD. It feels like a rock my stomach.

Ahhh...GERD and nicotine can go hand in hand...did you know that nicotine relaxes the lower lower esophageal sphincter ?
I can tell when I have been vaping too much - just like I could tell with smoking...hello GERDy :lol:

DamnPrecious

Mar 18, 2018
It’s not lower end.
Ahhh...GERD and nicotine can go hand in hand...did you know that nicotine relaxes the lower lower esophageal sphincter ?
I can tell when I have been vaping too much - just like I could tell with smoking...hello GERDy :lol:
Never happened when I smoked. Lol I may start diy, I have a Unicorn milk habit and it’s expensive.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think vaping may be slightly different in the sense that it's a lot easier to swallow vape than smoke. Vape kinda naturally makes its way a bit down into the digestive tract.

I think folks who have this issue may do better with MTL vaping, (or DL, either now that I think about it) as nic travels straight down in to the lungs... .but with MTL, there is less vape to swallow.

I don't have gastric issues and I really deserve to have them, but my stomach is made of cast iron or something. I rarely puke and etc.

Anna

Reactions: NatashaTMT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread