Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I checked out the vid from PBusardo and he showed a carto with a large slit instead of a drilled or punched hole. is that carto in the video sold like that or does it have to be home done?

Phil slots his own cartos. I'm sure he must have a video about it.

aheatedatom

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
San Francisco
The answer is going to vary by the carto, the number of holes, and the juice itself.

I'm also a PG-Free vaper.

I've tried 3 brands of cartos so far: Boge, Smoktech, and Ikenvape. Smoktech has much looser filling than the other two. I started with 3 hole smoktech, then moved down two, than one hole - and even with a fairly thick juice they were all floodsville and I threw them in the garbage (your experience may vary.)

The boge cartos wicked my thicker juices fairly well. The Ikenvape has similar amount of filler to these so they're about the same. Especially if you are using the flange type, your VG life will go much better if you get a needle tip and inject the first fill of juice right into the filler instead of the other methods (your experience may vary.)

Finally, some PG-Free (as opposed to '100% VG' because that would mean no flavoring) vendors work to make their juices a reasonable consistency for cartomizers so you won't have any problems - in my experience, this has meant Velvet Cloud Vapor, and Virgin Vapor. Both are not syrupy-thick, but have no PG. I know VCV uses some distilled water, not sure about VV because I didn't like the taste anyway.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Yes, with qualifications. The unflavored DIY juice in this tank is 15mg nicotine in 95% Glycerin USP (VG) and 5% distilled water. The distilled H2O is there to thin the VG enough to vape. This is probably thicker than Boba's which includes flavoring. Boba's VG/whatever mix is a trade secret, mine isn't.

I need four good-sized holes in this Smoktech XL carto to vape this juice successfully. The holes were punched with a Siam Mods carto punch from Phiniac. Three holes didn't work. Four holes is perfect and this carto will vape for 30ml or two weeks if I want. Using another brand of carto means different results, probably. I'm vaping this 2.0 ohm single coil at 6.5 or 7.0 watts.

4holespunched.jpg

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Temperature will have a big effect on how high percentage VG vapes. A cold 60-degree atomizer that works fine first thing in the morning may be flooding while chain vaping outside that afternoon in 90-degree sunlight. If you do the homework and fiddling right you can come up with something that works in all environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread