The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Can 100% VG be used in a carto tank?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Happy2beMe, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Happy2beMe

Happy2beMe Full Member Verified Member

Apr 1, 2013
    South Florida, USA
    I can only use 100% Vg due to sensitivity issues. So I was wondering if I can use a caro tank and if so, what special tricks will I need to do?

2. Kevin S

Kevin S Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Illinios
    I am relatively new to cartos but I would think if you got one with 2 good sized holes punched in them that it would work. If not you can punch more holes in them yourself. There are several videos out there on how to do it.

3. GiMp LEg DoNKey

GiMp LEg DoNKey Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    NC
    You can also thin out pure vg with a couple drops of distilled water.

4. Kevin S

Kevin S Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Illinios
    Also, I watched a PBusardo video where he was vaping Bobos Bounty which he describes as being very thick and 100% vg in a Jtank.

5. Chimney34

Chimney34 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You sure can! I've seen some people here say that they punch a 3rd hole for 100vg. Some places even sell them with 3. I'd try 2 first & see how it works & just punch a 3rd if you need to.

6. Happy2beMe

Apr 1, 2013
    South Florida, USA
    I saw a pre drilled carto called CE2, It has 2 2mm holes. would that be a good carto to buy?

7. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

8. bowings

bowings Full Member Verified Member

May 15, 2013
    york
  9. Happy2beMe

Apr 1, 2013
    South Florida, USA
    I checked out the vid from PBusardo and he showed a carto with a large slit instead of a drilled or punched hole. is that carto in the video sold like that or does it have to be home done?

10. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I use 100%VG in the Kanger MT3 and in the X8 carto tank with 2 regular holes. No issues with either.

11. The Ocelot

Phil slots his own cartos. I'm sure he must have a video about it.

12. aheatedatom

aheatedatom Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    San Francisco
    The answer is going to vary by the carto, the number of holes, and the juice itself.

I'm also a PG-Free vaper.

I've tried 3 brands of cartos so far: Boge, Smoktech, and Ikenvape. Smoktech has much looser filling than the other two. I started with 3 hole smoktech, then moved down two, than one hole - and even with a fairly thick juice they were all floodsville and I threw them in the garbage (your experience may vary.)

The boge cartos wicked my thicker juices fairly well. The Ikenvape has similar amount of filler to these so they're about the same. Especially if you are using the flange type, your VG life will go much better if you get a needle tip and inject the first fill of juice right into the filler instead of the other methods (your experience may vary.)

Finally, some PG-Free (as opposed to '100% VG' because that would mean no flavoring) vendors work to make their juices a reasonable consistency for cartomizers so you won't have any problems - in my experience, this has meant Velvet Cloud Vapor, and Virgin Vapor. Both are not syrupy-thick, but have no PG. I know VCV uses some distilled water, not sure about VV because I didn't like the taste anyway.

13. The Ocelot

You didn't say what kind of battery device you're using (or I missed it) or what size tank you have in mind. Both of those factors are important for us to know to be able to offer good suggestions.

14. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Yes, with qualifications. The unflavored DIY juice in this tank is 15mg nicotine in 95% Glycerin USP (VG) and 5% distilled water. The distilled H2O is there to thin the VG enough to vape. This is probably thicker than Boba's which includes flavoring. Boba's VG/whatever mix is a trade secret, mine isn't.

I need four good-sized holes in this Smoktech XL carto to vape this juice successfully. The holes were punched with a Siam Mods carto punch from Phiniac. Three holes didn't work. Four holes is perfect and this carto will vape for 30ml or two weeks if I want. Using another brand of carto means different results, probably. I'm vaping this 2.0 ohm single coil at 6.5 or 7.0 watts.

[​IMG]

15. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2013
    MN
    I use only VG and I have no problems with it in my Mini Vivi Nova tanks. I have noticed the super dark vanilla flavors cause issues and clog almost within 30 minutes, and they stain the plastic. Also, avoid citrus flavors and they are known to crack plastic cartomizers.

16. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2013
    MN
    I love velvet, but the vanilla is too dark and syrupy. Too bad , because the flavor is amazing and super tasty.

17. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Temperature will have a big effect on how high percentage VG vapes. A cold 60-degree atomizer that works fine first thing in the morning may be flooding while chain vaping outside that afternoon in 90-degree sunlight. If you do the homework and fiddling right you can come up with something that works in all environments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.