Can a borosilicate glass tube be cut in order to make a new tank tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I have a Chinese manufactured Yiloong "Mini Fogger" rta that I need a new glass tube for the tank section. This is a 17mm diameter atomizer (at it's widest point).

Ufz9bOT.jpg

The deal is ... The 15mm OD x 33mm in length glass tank tube for this atomizer is unavailable.

I have access to some borosilicate glass test tubes that are exactly the 15mm OD that I need in order to replace this atomizer's glass tank tube. Additionally, the thickness of the test tube glass is also the same thickness that I need for the atomizer. I am thinking that this borosilicate glass is basically Pyrex glass.

The problem as I see it is that I would need to cut out a 33mm length piece out of this test tube so it will be the correct length for my atomizer.

My question is ..... How would I cut a borosilicate glass test tube? .... If I can't do it with some kind of a glass tube cutter, who would I take it to in order to get it properly cut?

It would have to be cut perfectly flat and smooth so it won't leak once filled with juice.

I am clueless .....

Thanks,
Ron

Reactions: anavidfan

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Your going to need a diamond grinding wheel to flatten out the cut.. no way your going to freehand a clean cut....

Going to be easier and cheaper to just buy the pieces you need.

The problem is ... The glass tube for the Yiloong "Mini Fogger" is not available for sale anymore. Can't find them anywhere, to include China.

However, the replacement glass tube for the regular 22mm size Fogger is available, but again, not for the smaller diameter "Mini Fogger".

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Shawn ... thanks for the links

I am going to give Bedazzle Glass a call and see what they have to say.

I wish I could somehow cut this glass myself .... Really too bad nobody sells replacement glass tubes for this Mini Fogger.

If you turn up empty with Bedazzle, you might contact these people...

Spectrum Tanks

If you have the Glass, they might be willing to cut it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread