Can a low batteries cause less flavor? And weird initial loss of flavor after juice change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
Hello. As well as the question I asked in the title, I also noticed a weird occurrence earlier. I went and got some new 3mg juice for my tank. My vape is still brand new, it's a valyrian 3 and it had only 219 puffs on the coil. So, I had another 0mg flavor, It had plenty of taste still, but i decided to empty most of the 1/4 that was left to put in the nicotine. After I filled it, it had no taste at all, not even the old flavor for at least a few drags. Then suddenly, out of like nowhere. The flavor started coming on and getting stronger and stronger. So like. Ok. Great. Vaped all day long, tasted great. Then I noticed at the end of the night, as my battery life got lower, the flavor also just kinda went just like when I changed the juice earlier.

I don't know how to explain what happened when I changed the juice, but does the battery getting low affect flavor?

What do y'all think? Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Superuser187

Timbo87

Dec 29, 2020
Hello. As well as the question I asked in the title, I also noticed a weird occurrence earlier. I went and got some new 3mg juice for my tank. My vape is still brand new, it's a valyrian 3 and it had only 219 puffs on the coil. So, I had another 0mg flavor, It had plenty of taste still, but i decided to empty most of the 1/4 that was left to put in the nicotine. After I filled it, it had no taste at all, not even the old flavor for at least a few drags. Then suddenly, out of like nowhere. The flavor started coming on and getting stronger and stronger. So like. Ok. Great. Vaped all day long, tasted great. Then I noticed at the end of the night, as my battery life got lower, the flavor also just kinda went just like when I changed the juice earlier.

I don't know how to explain what happened when I changed the juice, but does the battery getting low affect flavor?

Bit of a long one here. [emoji23]Sorry for the read.

That's definitely a strange thing, I believe it is a strange coincidence,

if it was an internal battery from like an mtl voltage device with an internal battery i would say yes,
Im going to use in this example the geekvape Aegis one Aegis one,
If you running the higher voltage which i think 3.7v and you haven't got enough power left to run it the devices is going to drop to next relevant setting which maybe 3.4v or if not enough still drop to 3.1v

(could be wrong been a while since i used mine since if im honest there are other little devices i prefer)

But since your talking subohm, im going to presume your using a wattage based device which would ideally have screen ideally if there was a power drop you should notice extra/decrease wattage depending if any boost modes were being used
---------------
In my personal opinion it could be a number of things.
from what you stated i perceived you used nic shot after already started juice? If this case problem nic shot your going to get a slight flavour lag as your adding my vg/pg to a bottle that already has concentrate measured which some companies probably may not compensate for (if your a tpd compliant country).

You may have just got use to flavour already of which what you could try try complete different flavour altogether, like a sharp fruit menthol or especially if you been used to intense sweet/bakery types

3. Coil may just be bit of a cruddy type or even bit of a dud, personally i have never used them...

4.maybe the flavour switched from just wasnt as intense as other after settling period

Hope i have helped a bit

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
Bit of a long one here. [emoji23]Sorry for the read.

That's definitely a strange thing, I believe it is a strange coincidence,

if it was an internal battery from like an mtl voltage device with an internal battery i would say yes,
Im going to use in this example the geekvape Aegis one Aegis one,
If you running the higher voltage which i think 3.7v and you haven't got enough power left to run it the devices is going to drop to next relevant setting which maybe 3.4v or if not enough still drop to 3.1v

(could be wrong been a while since i used mine since if im honest there are other little devices i prefer)

But since your talking subohm, im going to presume your using a wattage based device which would ideally have screen ideally if there was a power drop you should notice extra/decrease wattage depending if any boost modes were being used
---------------
In my personal opinion it could be a number of things.
from what you stated i perceived you used nic shot after already started juice? If this case problem nic shot your going to get a slight flavour lag as your adding my vg/pg to a bottle that already has concentrate measured which some companies probably may not compensate for (if your a tpd compliant country).

You may have just got use to flavour already of which what you could try try complete different flavour altogether, like a sharp fruit menthol or especially if you been used to intense sweet/bakery types

3. Coil may just be bit of a cruddy type or even bit of a dud, personally i have never used them...

4.maybe the flavour switched from just wasnt as intense as other after settling period

Hope i have helped a bit

Thank you for your input!! Now that I think about it, when I got the old juice out I unscrewed the whole tank, maybe I didn't really tighten it down just enough and it caused some weird little powerloss I say that cause... Well I have been charging my vape and I just took a hit of it and it's now strong, sweet and very flavorful again with the battery being recharged. Google result said something about the battery affecting flavor, but it was just that one result that seemed relevant, so I figured asking a bunch of first hand vapers what their experience was. Thank you! I also think I experienced the same thing when my old vape's unremovable battery was dying out, cause it had no flavor like that either despite new coils and a full charge also it kept burning my coils after like 10 hits.

Timbo87

Dec 29, 2020
Thank you for your input!! Now that I think about it, when I got the old juice out I unscrewed the whole tank, maybe I didn't really tighten it down just enough and it caused some weird little powerloss I say that cause... Well I have been charging my vape and I just took a hit of it and it's now strong, sweet and very flavorful again with the battery being recharged. Google result said something about the battery affecting flavor, but it was just that one result that seemed relevant, so I figured asking a bunch of first hand vapers what their experience was. Thank you! I also think I experienced the same thing when my old vape's unremovable battery was dying out, cause it had no flavor like that either despite new coils and a full charge also it kept burning my coils after like 10 hits.
To be fair there was plenty things i missed there
Yeah.. Always make make sure tank assembled coils threaded properly (if not one them pop in jobs) [emoji23].

The 10 pull burn out - i would usually put that that down to the priming method, i always make sure there a lil juice in centre of coil and any exposed cotton before fitting, then fit n fill tank wait 10 min to be save, run a few pull a lower then recommended wattage before gradually working to my "sweetspot"

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Sound like your wick was on the dry side of optimum. When the juice finally began to saturate the wick, your flavor returned. Coils can also contribute to weak flavor when new. I used to put new coils into a shot glass and add a little juice to cover the bottom of the coil/wicking. As the juice wicks up into the atomizer the wicking becomes fully saturated. 20 minutes soak time is usually enough. It's difficult to fully saturate a coil just by drops of juice on the cotton.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Some of the things I've notice during the years.

When my tank is half empty or if you prefer half fill opening the refill hole for a second equalizes the pressure and supplies the same draw as the first.

Another is your quality of batteries found that higher ma are more satisfying no noticeable decrease in vape. Good quality batteries that ARE fully charged is the way to go for more than one reason.

IMO - Higher VG level clings to everything (wick and coil) while higher PG not so kind of gets used up.

IMO - chain vaping could possible effect the wicking - try drawing for a second or so before hitting the button.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread