Can anyone help someone with few assets secure a Merchants Services account????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombtrack311

Apr 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hello,

I'm in the process of starting a small ejuice company... basically in order to recoup my own diy ejuice costs. I'm not a major venture... but i'm finding it surprisingly difficult to find someone willing to help me with credit card processing I understand why ecig vendors who charge outlandish fees and offer trials with auto renewals that can be confusing to consumers, i can understand why they are considered high risk. I can even understand why sellers of ecigs and ecig parts could be considered high risk as batteries and atty's are known to have a high rate of failure... I can't understand why a business model like mine is considered high risk. I'm simply looking to sell about 15 flavors in 30ml bottles at about $5-7 bucks a bottle. No tricks no gimmicks. Nothing to fail or break. If a customer is unhappy i will offer them a free flavor in exchange. Where is the high likelihood of chargebacks in this business model???

If anyone has any tips or suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
You want to: "secure a Merchants Services account?"

So what if the business is high risk or not.. that doesn't matter. I opened up an Herbalife business years ago and had a merchant account. I had exactly 100 dollars invested in this company, the cost of my business kit. If you have a credit card and you use it on a regular basis, you can easily get a merchant account through the credit card company. You can even do this through a bank if you don't have a credit card. Perhaps your not using a good service and they are just trying to make money off of you? Perhaps you are trying to get services I am not aware of.

A basic merchant account simply gives you the ability to accept credit cards or debit cards as payment. To start a small business that is all you should need. Any payments you need to make for supplies to other companies, you simply pay out of your bank account. ( with real money or credit if your credit is good enough- but real money is better. many new businesses make the mistake of over buying supplies before they know if the business is going to take off and if they use credit they get stuck not being able to pay the bills.)

LibertyValance

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Tampa, FL
You don't need a real merchant account. I had one before and they are somewhat expensive and troublesome to obtain. For mine there was a credit report an onsite visit.

But, for starters you could use paypal (not sure their policy on cig juice) , and probably one of the many online credit processors like Google checkout or amazon or SWREG. I used SWREG for years also.

daleaik

Jul 29, 2010
Upstate NY
Unless I am reading their terms incorrectly, SWREG is for the sale of software. They do not support sales of tangible items. Google and Amazon, like paypal, have banned e-cigs. I assume they have the same stance toward juice.

Getting a merchant account has become a real pain for anyone wanting to get into the e-cig related field...

You have my sympathy, and I hope you are able to work something out...

bombtrack311

Apr 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
John:

Could you please provide further information about the services you are referring too... My understand is more or less all card processors have regulations against ecigs.. i know paypal and google accounts do as well as AlertPay.... i believe almost all the main banks also consider it high risk and arent willing to handle ecig companies, especially smaller ones. If you could please be more specific i would gladly send you some free juice in return for info that leads to an account for me

Thanks you,

Jeremy Mills

You want to: "secure a Merchants Services account?"

So what if the business is high risk or not.. that doesn't matter. I opened up an Herbalife business years ago and had a merchant account. I had exactly 100 dollars invested in this company, the cost of my business kit. If you have a credit card and you use it on a regular basis, you can easily get a merchant account through the credit card company. You can even do this through a bank if you don't have a credit card. Perhaps your not using a good service and they are just trying to make money off of you? Perhaps you are trying to get services I am not aware of.

A basic merchant account simply gives you the ability to accept credit cards or debit cards as payment. To start a small business that is all you should need. Any payments you need to make for supplies to other companies, you simply pay out of your bank account. ( with real money or credit if your credit is good enough- but real money is better. many new businesses make the mistake of over buying supplies before they know if the business is going to take off and if they use credit they get stuck not being able to pay the bills.)

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
John:

Could you please provide further information about the services you are referring too... My understand is more or less all card processors have regulations against ecigs.. i know paypal and google accounts do as well as AlertPay.... i believe almost all the main banks also consider it high risk and arent willing to handle ecig companies, especially smaller ones. If you could please be more specific i would gladly send you some free juice in return for info that leads to an account for me

Thanks you,

Jeremy Mills

Back when I had my merchant account e-cigs were not around ( 1996 to 2000). The business I had was one of the sort that most people didn't think much of it. I wasn't asking for money, not trying to borrow money, just the ability to accept credit cards. At that time they didn't care what type of business you had or the business model. If someone offered you a credit card, you could accept it via electronic transfer; all the info about if the funds were good or not were taken into account before the transaction went through. IMO it should be no different today - either the costumers money/credit is good or it isn't nothing else should make a difference.

I could sell crap on the street corner if people are willing to pay as long as the funds are good what difference does it make what type of business I have or the business model? Everything gets checked electronically and if good the funds get transferred. It was that simple.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
But, for starters you could use paypal (not sure their policy on cig juice) , and probably one of the many online credit processors like Google checkout or amazon or SWREG. I used SWREG for years also.

Actually, every time I buy from One Stop DIY Shop, I pay through Amazon. So, there must be a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread