Can anyone Please Help identify This Tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

offtherails2010

May 6, 2013
UK
howdy all and thanks loads in advance !

Okay ive had this tank for a number of years now and just want to know which company made it and what it is named, if at all possible...

it is - mostly - a decade old, maybe add 2-3 more years to that too, so its probably a first gen tank, sadly thats all i can say about it oh and that it was bought in the UK;

IMG_1974.JPG
IMG_1982.JPG
IMG_1983.JPG
IMG_1986.JPG
IMG_1989.JPG

What do you good foks think of this mess lol ??

thanks loads in advance, really would be grateful also if we can keep this post positive, anything not positive, please, dont bother replying..

Again, thanks loads in advance, very grateful for your help :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with Shawn. I had a couple of the AGA T Plus back in the day. Hated genesis-style RTA's. Had to do the "Genny Tilt" to wick those darn stainless steel wicks, and the darn tank leaked if it wasn't oriented in a vertical position. They were in no way pocket-friendly. Not a fond memory. The Kayfun style RTA introduced later was a much better design.

full
full

Last edited:
Reactions: Opinionated

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
howdy all and thanks loads in advance !

Okay ive had this tank for a number of years now and just want to know which company made it and what it is named, if at all possible...

it is - mostly - a decade old, maybe add 2-3 more years to that too, so its probably a first gen tank, sadly thats all i can say about it oh and that it was bought in the UK;

View attachment 796783 View attachment 796785 View attachment 796787 View attachment 796789 View attachment 796791

What do you good foks think of this mess lol ??

thanks loads in advance, really would be grateful also if we can keep this post positive, anything not positive, please, dont bother replying..

Again, thanks loads in advance, very grateful for your help :)
Hi,
I had the first (knurled) version with the threaded top cap (GRRR!) and the W version with a threaded plastic tank that held everything together. Both came from "Safer cigs".
Are you still using the AGA?

Cheers
I

Reactions: Opinionated

offtherails2010

May 6, 2013
UK
WOW what a response ! im totally blown away and so VERY VERY Grateful, major thanks to you all
@
Shawn Hoefer
Baditude
Izan

Cant believe that this tank has been identified !!

And sadly yes, ive been using it the last 11 years as i dropped off the edge of the earth in depression so just coming out of it these days and trying to fix my life back up again, also funding had been cut off, lol, so ive no money to buy a decent up to date tank, i love the RDTA's that have the best of both world of RTA and RDA's..

@sonicbomb - what prizes ? im not sure i know what you mean, ive never won anything in my life lol !

i was basically needing to know the name of this tank of mine so i could try to track down spare parts for it, i had taken apart some very old clearomisers and other tanks to cannibalize parts from but alas, cant get a decent vape out of this damn thing till i suppose i use the right parts.

So going to now track down the correct parts for this tank, hopefully if they are still available lol

Once again, a MAJOR thank-you to everyone who replied with a positive attitude, it makes all the difference, really cant thank you enough !

offtherails2010

May 6, 2013
UK
thanks again jwbnyc - im very grateful :)

Also thanks again for everyone who helped, really cant thank ya'll enough, you are all awesome !!!

Usually as long as i keep the Ohms to 1.1 ohms on the coild, im able to use this on an adapted DIY MOD, batteries were really annoying the heck outta me so ive used 4 tablet-style batteries with an added protection PCB per battery, all in parallel, will be making up some kind of case for it soon lol

i think the electronics were from the US, a SMOK device that was the product of a recall where the battery had failed, cant remember which one, but it was also a thin lipo battery like the ones im using and the electronics were bought as spares or repair, i think from Hoosier Cig website maybe ?!?

But im looking to make a basic MOSFET-type mod without the smart electronics benefit of having the ohm meter or battery voltage check on it but will try to incorporate a charging function...

Yes this is an incredibly annoying tank to setup, i can only go sub-ohm on it via a MOSFET-dumb mod without the smart electronics otherwise it just wont fire and tells me the load is too low...

Again thanks to everyone for the help !
uBusGeA.jpg
EiNuNoR.jpg

KAvRVQu.jpg

aHgQpIz.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1995.JPG
    IMG_1995.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire.JPG
    Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-02-06 at 10.56.58(2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-02-06 at 10.56.58(2).jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 5
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-02-06 at 10.56.58.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-02-06 at 10.56.58.jpeg
    505.9 KB · Views: 4

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
:oops: If only I am in UK, I'll send you one right away mate. I just dismantled my one and only SMOK mod just because it's broken and I want to see what's inside the thing. I threw it all away after seeing nothing interesting. Now your pictures are interesting, but wires and bare PCB is something I can't dare to put in front of my face.:yawn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread