Can anyone recommend a good single coil rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Hi,
What wire or coils are you planning to use?
Which squonker(s) are you using?
What is your budget?
Almost every RDA seems to come with a hollow BF pin.
Welcome to the rabbit hole.

Cheers
I
Hello and thanks for the reply. I have a Box Mod Mafia tiny V2 Dna250C arriving tomorrow or Fri.
Wire is not an issue, I have everything from 24ga fused Clapton wire up to 28ga in SS and Kanthal and wrap my own. I'm looking for something with good air flow and flavor. I'd like to pick something up in the $50 or under range for now, considering what I just spent on the mod.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello and thanks for the reply. I have a Box Mod Mafia tiny V2 Dna250C arriving tomorrow or Fri.
Wire is not an issue, I have everything from 24ga fused Clapton wire up to 28ga in SS and Kanthal and wrap my own. I'm looking for something with good air flow and flavor. I'd like to pick something up in the $50 or under range for now, considering what I just spent on the mod.
Listen to @Fredman1
The world is your oyster...
In your position, knowing what I know now;
This may be your first BF RDA, but it will NOT be your last.
I would suggest any RDA that is very tolerant to oversquonking.

Ease of building, wicking and airflow options will determine which RDA is right for you.
If you have a local vape shop, they may have some models that you can evaluate in person before you buy.

HTH
I

• Agree
Reactions: Fredman1

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Listen to @Fredman1
The world is your oyster...
In your position, knowing what I know now;
This may be your first BF RDA, but it will NOT be your last.
I would suggest any RDA that is very tolerant to oversquonking.

Ease of building, wicking and airflow options will determine which RDA is right for you.
If you have a local vape shop, they may have some models that you can evaluate in person before you buy.

HTH
I
Thanks again! I do have a few rta's and an rda, this will be my first venture into squonking.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Own the Wasp – never used it for squonking. My squonkers are used for when I am on the go (although not exclusively). The Wasp is a great vape, but loud as hell so unless you don’t mind drawing attention to yourself when you are out it is a difficult recommendation.

Other single coil RDA’s I’ve used are the Recurve and Drop Solo. I feel the Recurve is the better RDA for squonking and fit’s your budget.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Own the Wasp – never used it for squonking. My squonkers are used for when I am on the go (although not exclusively). The Wasp is a great vape, but loud as hell so unless you don’t mind drawing attention to yourself when you are out it is a difficult recommendation.

Other single coil RDA’s I’ve used are the Recurve and Drop Solo. I feel the Recurve is the better RDA for squonking and fit’s your budget.
I just watched a review of the recurve based off of another informative reply. That you're also recommending gives me more buying confidence. I found that one of my local shops has 3 in stock. I'll watch some more videos and hopefully decide before my squonker arrives :thumbs:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
it depends on if you are wanting to sub-ohm or not or DL or mtl
I am currently loving the wotofo profile rda with the mesh coil
mtl the vapefly galaxies mtl squonk rdta (giggles now why do you need an rdta that's squonking, i donno, feel like it's the 80ies shoulder pad build up) and if you like more of an airy draw you can open the airflow up and unscrew the airflow screws on the coil and get a good DL off of it but it is more for mtl

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
it depends on if you are wanting to sub-ohm or not or DL or mtl
I am currently loving the wotofo profile rda with the mesh coil
mtl the vapefly galaxies mtl squonk rdta (giggles now why do you need an rdta that's squonking, i donno, feel like it's the 80ies shoulder pad build up) and if you like more of an airy draw you can open the airflow up and unscrew the airflow screws on the coil and get a good DL off of it but it is more for mtl
I usually like 3.0+ builds and dl.
I'm going to check out the profile, thanks!
Haha, love the 80's shoulder pad reference.

Reactions: Shadav

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I'd get the Entheon (clone). Very good flavor, decent juicewell for a 22mm atty and smooth but slightly restricted airflow.

The Wasp is nice as well, but can be a bit on the noisy side.

The Recurve is decent, flavor is good but not mindblowing, and the airflow is very smooth and a bit more open. My biggest turnoff is the nonexistent juicewell however, so you have to squonk after nearly every single puff. Although it doesn't leak, it's nonetheless very easy to oversquonk, which results in spitback.

The Hermetic RDA might be worth a look as well.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I am really enjoying the Coilart Dpro mini.
Haven't used any thing else since I bought one.
Put up all my other bottom feed rda's. B2k's, Peerless, Recurve,and Velocity.
Really loved the B2k until I received the MINI. Used the included coil and it was great right out of the box. It has a nice juice well, great air flow and is quiet. Great flavor too.
Vapordna 25$
Actually just replaced my first ones coil that I have been using since July.
I own 3 now!!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Depends what you want and your style. Utube some.
Hadaly, Entheon, Intake, Recurve, Pulse, Dead rabbit...the list goes on.

Like corn, enjoy it a second time.... :shock:

You posted almost the same information 15 posts ago in this self same thread. :thumbs:
(Not that there is anything wrong with that.) :lol:

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread