Can anyone tell me if Smok Pod devices are any good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaper2020

Unresolved Status
Jan 4, 2020
I want to switch to a pod device and I have been advised that the smok Fetch is good one to start with, if anyone has used this can you advise if it will be good enough to start and carry on with.. ? this is what I am on about ?

smok Fetch device I have seen is

[EDITED] removed link

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I kinda think a lot of people are all up in the Smok Nord, which seems to have a less major spectacular fail rate, sorta. Not exactly but better.

If I were to get into pods it would be the last place I would start, but like, you need to find what is "good" for you, so to speak. The pod people will help though, I'm quite sure,
Anna

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    The pod people
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing against or meant towards people that use these device's, I do myself sometimes, that is just funny (to maybe only me..) as heck though.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I want to switch to a pod device and I have been advised that the Smok Fetch is good one to start with, if anyone has used this can you advise if it will be good enough to start and carry on with.. ? this is what I am on about ?

Smok Fetch device I have seen is

ww w.burnitup.co.uk/store/SMOK-FETCH-MINI-POD-KIT-p157842619

Thanks
    Switch from what?

Almost no one on this forum recommends Smok, due to quality issues. But there are dozens of other pod systems with form factors similar to Fetch, and all seem to have their own issues. On the plus side, Smok moves a lot of product, is sold by just about everyone, and it'd probably be easier to get replacement pods & coils than most brands. And you have a couple of coil choices. One is the Nord, which I have, but is way to airy for me, and tended to build up a lot of condensate.

So if you like a tighter draw, but want similar form factor, I'd probably recommend the Vladdin Eden. Vladdin is my favorite pod. Perfect draw, handles my all VG just fine, and lasts longer than any pod I've ever had. I don't have the Eden, but it uses the same pod I do.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I will throw this out there as a non-pod user except I’ve become very attached to my Bohr Flask. Not popular, but good specs with excellent battery life for the size, very ergonomic (the shape and finish make it a real pleasure to hold), does a very decent restricted DL with the 0.4 ohm coil which I use with my standard 6 mg 70/30 juices without a problem and get well over 2 weeks from a coil. Power is adjustable in both wattage and voltage. I’ve become pretty much a mech squonk vaper, but the little Flask is great for out and about and stealth use if you hold your inhale for several seconds.

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    RUN away from the Smok X-Force. Mine was permanent nasty burnt taste even with a fresh coil and full tank and gave up the ghost in a month. Speaking of which I still have 2.5 boxes of coils for it if anyone actually has one and likes it. I'd be happy to send them on within the US.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    THE only pod i take with me these days is the aspire breeze nxt
    adjustable airflow to me is great, and i've found the coils to be pretty full of flavor.

On the other hand, i've tried 2 pods from smok (nova and trinity alpha i believe)
    Both simply went bad after a while, never bothered buying another.

Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I want to switch to a pod device and I have been advised that the Smok Fetch is good one to start with, if anyone has used this can you advise if it will be good enough to start and carry on with.. ? this is what I am on about ?

Smok Fetch device I have seen is

ww w.burnitup.co.uk/store/SMOK-FETCH-MINI-POD-KIT-p157842619

Thanks
    Noone can honestly say that anything made by Smok isn't garbage especially compared to just about anything else.

Reactions: Eskie

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Noone can honestly say that anything made by Smok isn't garbage especially compared to just about anything else.

This is as close as I'll get - my Smok Nord (won, didn't buy) worked better and longer than my Voopoo Rota (won, didn't buy). Rota looked nice, but was assembled so horribly it barely functioned at all. Yep - Smok just seems to focus on cranking out new stuff all the time, selling a lot more sizzle than steak. As far as I'm concerned, they've earned their rep.

So that ain't sayin' much. But in the pod world - there's a lot of junk out there. Even from manufacturers that make decent mods & atties. Lost Vape's Orion had plenty of problems, and wasn't that great a vape when it worked. I've got a whole different set of requirements when buying a pod, and don't expect fantastic (but give me reasonable, at least) long term life.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I really am not impressed with most small pod systems (not actual AIO devices called "pods) Yes I just got one (but it was $3) and extra pods (ready for this... 2 for $0.25) Can't complain if they are almost giving them away. But, the same one originally costs $20 and 2-pack of pods was $10... no way I would have even considered that!
    Geekvape Frenzy and Orion DNA are on sale really cheap right now. You should simply ask "what are good affordable pod systems?" and get great advice hear. I guess Smok Nord is actually popular though.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I use APVs at home, but have taken to using various pods O&A. I recently bought some Nords on sale for my son, and am trying one out. I hate to say it, but I like it. So far anyway. It’s definitely airy, dl. And large for a pod, but you get 1100 mah and 3 mls.

Still my favorite- although I don’t think anyone else here has bought one - is the AsMODus Flow. It’s only 2 ml and 450 mah, I guess that’s a turn off for most, but it’s actually plenty of power for a few hours and the pods last me about 2 weeks. It’s a pain to fill, but the body is metal, they charge fast, no leaks.

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I use APVs at home, but have taken to using various pods O&A. I recently bought some Nords on sale for my son, and am trying one out. I hate to say it, but I like it. So far anyway. It’s definitely airy, dl. And large for a pod, but you get 1100 mah and 3 mls.

Still my favorite- although I don’t think anyone else here has bought one - is the AsMODus Flow. It’s only 2 ml and 450 mah, I guess that’s a turn off for most, but it’s actually plenty of power for a few hours and the pods last me about 2 weeks. It’s a pain to fill, but the body is metal, they charge fast, no leaks.
    That looks pretty nice, Delores, and I hadn't heard of it. I've been really impressed with my first Asmodus device (Colossal). 2 ml actually is pretty good for a device that size. That's all my main vapes hold-True and Precisio. Looks like it'd be easy to rebuild, for those that would bother (not me!). And looks like it'd wick better than many similar pods. I might look around for one of those, if pods are inexpensive enough and easy to find.

Just watched this:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread