can anything beat the screwdriver honestly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
The thought of even hotter vapor than the SD (I own one) doesn't really appeal to me at all. I got off the analogs originally with a DSE 901. That device actually worked liked a charm, my only concern was battery life. I then got an SD (I actually owned 2 at one point. Sold one) The vapor and hit on the SD were about the same as a DSE 901 with a fully charged battery. The huge advantage of an SD was the life of the battery. I could go 5-7 hours with heavy usage before needing a new batt.

Enter the Janty Stick. This was my first experience with an 801 device. The vapor was actually cooler than the SD/901. But the biggest advantage to me was the larger cart and overall cart life and utilization of the Stick. I don't know if these benefits were unique to the Stick or are present in all 801 devices. But after a month of constant use I find that I actually prefer the cooler vapor. I still get a good throat hit with every draw and much less filling is required............

And all of you folks fretting over the durability of the Stick................What in the hell do you do with your PV's, use them has hammers? I am not so careless with anything that I have paid good money for, and certainly would not subject it to the abuse that I read about in these forums................Remind me never to lend any of you and type of electronic device..............

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
The thought of even hotter vapor than the SD (I own one) doesn't really appeal to me at all. I got off the analogs originally with a DSE 901. That device actually worked liked a charm, my only concern was battery life. I then got an SD (I actually owned 2 at one point. Sold one) The vapor and hit on the SD were about the same as a DSE 901 with a fully charged battery. The huge advantage of an SD was the life of the battery. I could go 5-7 hours with heavy usage before needing a new batt.

Enter the Janty Stick. This was my first experience with an 801 device. The vapor was actually cooler than the SD/901. But the biggest advantage to me was the larger cart and overall cart life and utilization of the Stick. I don't know if these benefits were unique to the Stick or are present in all 801 devices. But after a month of constant use I find that I actually prefer the cooler vapor. I still get a good throat hit with every draw and much less filling is required............

And all of you folks fretting over the durability of the Stick................What in the hell do you do with your PV's, use them has hammers? I am not so careless with anything that I have paid good money for, and certainly would not subject it to the abuse that I read about in these forums................Remind me never to lend any of you and type of electronic device..............
Elendil...You are absolutly right on the cool vapor and consistant throat hit of the 801,as well as the holding capacity of the 801 atomizer when dripping...our only difference is I would put my $6 Mod up against the Stick any day of the week,and most assuredly have the same results!:)The Wiz!

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Elendil...You are absolutly right on the cool vapor and consistant throat hit of the 801,as well as the holding capacity of the 801 atomizer when dripping...our only difference is I would put my $6 Mod up against the Stick any day of the week,and most assuredly have the same results!:)The Wiz!

I don't doubt it Wiz. I know there are some great mods out there that are really cheap to build and that kick .... I don't have the inclination or skill to build one...................and since I can afford to, I really like spending the dough on all the commerical devices. Although if tinear ever starts selling this:

IMG_4494.jpg

I could see dropping big money to get one of these..................

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I don't doubt it Wiz. I know there are some great mods out there that are really cheap to build and that kick .... I don't have the inclination or skill to build one...................and since I can afford to, I really like spending the dough on all the commerical devices. Although if tinear ever starts selling this:

IMG_4494.jpg

I could see dropping big money to get one of these..................
LOL.....Elendil...If i can build a contraption that powers my atomizer..I know you can! When you get tired of spending all that money that is!!:)The Wiz!

kabomb

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Lititz, Pa
I just got a Kensington battery pack today( 5v, 1500mA, 1800mhA ). I carry it in a cell phone belt clip, run usb wire under my shirt to a pen clip installed on a 901 att, attached to collar of shirt. I'm told the kensington will go 1 1/2-2days. (no batteries to carry and charge all day) This higher power took my vaping expereince to a whole new level with less things to carry, all for around $60!!

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier advert

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
I have been using a screwdriver for about 6 months now and LOVE it. However, I just had to return it for a repair so I want to order something new in the meantime.

However, is the screwdriver still the best as far as vapor production and thoat hit? Is there anything that can beat it?

Thinking about the Titan maybe??

What happened to your SD?
I was reading on the G.G. forum. Someone was saying the button wears out at 6 months, and the springs eventually corrode, and the wires break off
Any truth to that??

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
The SD is a relic in the ever changing landscape of PV's it is a great device but way overpriced for a flashlight mod only putting out 3.7volts , Trog should step up and put out something new and exciting I wouldn't pay $200 for something I can make for $5 with a box mod that puts out more volts !

Never happen.

The logic?

(Imagine a big booming voice coming from a cave... lots of echo)

I have created the ultimate device, perfect in every conceivable way!
Therefore, discussions about improvements, upgrades, design alterations and/or changes of any kind are hereby prohibited.

Everyone knows you can't improve upon something that is perfect so, ANY change to my perfectly designed, entirely modded from other people's ideas and inventions, over hyped, over priced battery pack and the universe will cease to exist as we know it.

This perfect device will NEVER fail! Any reported failure will be user error and your ownership privileges will be taken away and any and all record of your existence shall be erased from the records of my almighty forum.

I, and I alone created the single most perfect thing on earth! I created the design. (from somebody else’s flashlight) I created the power. (from somebody else’s batteries) I created the switching mechanism. (from somebody else’s button) And I created the vapor! (from somebody else’s atomizer, liquid and cart)

EVERYTHING else, including the name, therefore is hereby decreed my idea and henceforth my property!

To suggest even the slightest alteration will... unmake the world!
(end dramatic segment)

Okay I might have exaggerated a teeny weensy bit, but you get the idea.

Personally his attitude pleases me no end...
Somebody else is sure to put these "relics" into mass production, with the most popular changes/upgrades and pump them out for half the price.

"It was my idea" shall ring out one last time and fade away... forever.

And peace will once again be restored in happy bunny land!

The End.

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
happy bunny land

I agree with mamu, stickless, there is no need for your stupid sarcasm

both products are excellent in thier own ways,
Kudos, and congrats go to both inventors.

It is people like you who start the flames on the forum,
please take a deep breath and
try to be nice for a change --------

and look at the top---- in red ----

I didnt give permission for my name to be taken in vain !!!!!

---------
laughingbunny.gif
------

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Stickless... there's no reason to be snarky. Your comments are totally uncalled for.

Both trog and Imeo have a great product, both are original in design and concept, and there is absolutely NO reason to knock them about like this.

I wasn't knocking Imeo... I think his product IS great and I think he's one of the best suppliers out there. :thumb:

The green one however, attacked me and this forum for asking a question about a device that resembles his version awhile ago and that was pretty much his attitude. "It's all mine... breach of international law, blah,blah, blah". :lol: Where were you fanboys then? Sitting in the wings waiting for instructions, as usual?

From what I've seen he does this at will, whenever, wherever he feels like it. Then uses the opportunity to blatantly and admittedly spam his product (see above) while accusing members here of the same. When someone calls him on it he cries "unfair" and sulks back to the wetlands for sympathy. :rolleyes:

Hey, I can be the nicest bunny on the planet, :wub: but if you're going to arm your minions for war because someone asked a harmless question?
Really??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's entertainment to me, nothing more:thumb:, his biggest enemy is on the other side of the mirror... and you all know it. :lol:

I'll get out of the street now and make room for the fanboy parade. :rolleyes:

Peace... :)

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I'm going to have to say my most recent mod that anyone can do would top the screwdriver. It may not be made of aluminum. But the screwdriver or many other commercial mods can't be charged direct to the device, have a USB out to vape from by pass thru or charge your device/ phone, battery status lights and last for 3-5 days before needing to be charged, but can still be vaped with while charging.

It's originally a portable battery pack for phones and devices originally found on ebay for $21 bucks, but now found on dealextreme.com for 19.99 and it's blue. Investment for the mod, $21 + $9 = $30(if you have the tools already at hand, solder gun, drill, hobby knife.)

Voltage from the USB out is 5v 0.6 amps.
Voltage bypassed from the USB out to the battery, 4.2v 1.5amps (3.7v working load)
2200mAh

100_2753.jpg

100_2702.jpg

100_2704.jpg
Wow, that looks amazing! Please keep us posted on this dedmon!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
It will be interesting to see in 6 months time which ones will still be popular....:)
I can't even begin to stress how many times I heard that line. So far I hand it to Trog, he kept that title for a year now after so many mods came and went, the Sd has been the winner through and through and for 1 single product lasting this long, it truly is a success and the consensus still agrees.

People can complain that "its so easy to make!" but in reality it is only easy for people that are mechanically inclined or any other type of degree to that nature. Not everybody can make a vehicle nor do they even want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread