Can burnt wicks cause the juice in the tank to retain a burnt flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just refilled a mostly empty tank, and was vaping it and noticed a bad burnt taste. upon closer inspection, the wicks were burnt. So.. not wanting to waste the juice i poured it into a new tank. Still had the same vile taste. First time ive experienced this..

What kind of tank? Carto or silica wick?

mist opportunity

May 16, 2013
UK
Commercial wicks are silica rope and they don't burn--the gunk that accumulates on them does. They can be cleaned (soak in PGA or ISO) and dry burned or torched--if they can be safely isolated from other components.

This is helpful. I previously thought I burnt the wicks on my clearo and it was unsalvageable but washing out and dry burning clear-od (sorry, couldn't resist) up the problem.

VapRLady

ECF Veteran
For tank types, if you notice a burned taste after turning up your twist or Vamo type, turn it down and dry vape while not pushing the fire button, this will flood the wicks with fresh juice and will most times eliminate the burnt taste.

If you let the burnt tasting atomizer wicks, (they are not really burnt, just have carmelized juice clinging to the coil), steep in the juice without doing a dry vape they will infuse the entire tank full, (like brewing bad tea) and you'll have to throw out the whole works.

Sometimes letting burnt tasting juice sit poured back into a spare bottle will mellow the burnt taste and make it useable again, often times not. You can tell by giving it a wiff or two in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread