Can clouds ever have a hint of their juice color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
Okay, so keep telling myself that this idea is crazy, and that clouds always come out white.
But I was on my porch yesterday vaping a custard flavor with golden brown color, & then switched to a strawberry ice cream cake flavor. I swear I could see a VERY slight pink tint to the strawberry clouds, where with the custard it was just white.
I've also had moments when I was vaping Vapetasia's Killer Kustard & thought that just for a second, the clouds looked a hint of yellow (this juice is straight yellow).
Could there be any truth to this? I'm talking extremely subtle colors here. I can't tell if it's just a psychological effect of knowing what flavor I'm vaping, or if it's really something I'm actually seeing with my eyes.
What do you think?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Okay, so keep telling myself that this idea is crazy, and that clouds always come out white.
But I was on my porch yesterday vaping a custard flavor with golden brown color, & then switched to a strawberry ice cream cake flavor. I swear I could see a VERY slight pink tint to the strawberry clouds, where with the custard it was just white.
I've also had moments when I was vaping Vapetasia's Killer Kustard & thought that just for a second, the clouds looked a hint of yellow (this juice is straight yellow).
Could there be any truth to this? I'm talking extremely subtle colors here. I can't tell if it's just a psychological effect of knowing what flavor I'm vaping, or if it's really something I'm actually seeing with my eyes.
What do you think?

I don't See why you couldn't perceive a Slight Tint of Colour to your Clouds? Seems somewhat Reasonable.

BTW - Have you eaten a Lot of Shrooms in your life? Or maybe even Recently?
Ya know... like on a Pizza or something?

Reactions: vapdivrr

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
I’ve never seen it myself. Synesthesia maybe?
It's entirely possible. It's just did convincing sometimes...But yes, when it happens I'm tasting a flavor that I associate with that color, so it absolutely could be that. I'm not saying it's definitely not colored, but good call! :)

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
It's entirely possible. It's just did convincing sometimes...But yes, when it happens I'm tasting a flavor that I associate with that color, so it absolutely could be that.
Definitely more of that, the strawberry flavors I got aren't even red. Not one bit. If anything they got a yellowish tint.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have to concur with the science. Liquids held in suspension in atmosphere-- a/k/a vapor-- will reflect the color of the light impinging on them. The only exception I can think of is in the case of refraction, dependent on the relative angle of light impingement and viewing angle. That could-- in the case of sunlight or "white light"-- cause a rainbow or spread spectrum effect. What we perceive as color is a matter of selective absorption of light, not it's reflection.

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
I don't See why you couldn't perceive a Slight Tint of Colour to your Clouds? Seems somewhat Reasonable.

BTW - Have you eaten a Lot of Shrooms in your life? Or maybe even Recently?
Ya know... like on a Pizza or something?
I'm not saying I've eaten...some types.. of mushrooms a bunch of times in my life. Or taken certain types of trips, you know, around. But I'm not not saying it, either. :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um I would think your mind is playing tricks on you, but that can be fine so unless it is a non stop thing (and say, you are seeing an unpleasant green fog and you have pneumonia and yes I am kidding here too) I'd say it's unlikely.

I don't enjoy synesthesia much, especially when it's like due to stability issues and I can't just wait for it to wear off.. I mean I held a long conversation once with the smell in the State Hospital Quiet room, cleaned sometime during the Nixon years and like, prior folks had had bathroom "issues" but I can't say it was a pleasant or even interesting time it was more like begging it over and over to knock me unconscious so I wouldn't have to experience it.

After such moments psychedelics really lose their appeal. If it's true that all infants are born with synesthesia (one theory on it) no wonder they cry so much. I would too.

Anna

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
Um I would think your mind is playing tricks on you, but that can be fine so unless it is a non stop thing (and say, you are seeing an unpleasant green fog and you have pneumonia and yes I am kidding here too) I'd say it's unlikely.

I don't enjoy synesthesia much, especially when it's like due to stability issues and I can't just wait for it to wear off.. I mean I held a long conversation once with the smell in the State Hospital Quiet room, cleaned sometime during the Nixon years and like, prior folks had had bathroom "issues" but I can't say it was a pleasant or even interesting time it was more like begging it over and over to knock me unconscious so I wouldn't have to experience it.

After such moments psychedelics really lose their appeal. If it's true that all infants are born with synesthesia (one theory on it) no wonder they cry so much. I would too.

Anna
Interesting, & I think you're almost certainly, if not certainly, correct. After many, many uses of recreational...mind-changing things (which I haven't used in many years), I notice no lasting effects. That I know of. :D

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
It's a placebo.
I once though, vaped in complete darkness while walking my dog outside at midnight and the vapor was blue/green-ish cause I exhaled while holding the mod's screen really close to my mouth and eye.
m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread