Can diabetics vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmac2009

Sep 12, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Yes, go for it. I saw my doctor last week (I'm diabetic) and told him I finally quit smoking but starting vaping and he was overjoyed that I finally stopped smokingk and was not concerned about vaping at all.

Its not so much the sweetners, most made from Splenda but the nicotine. Nicotine restricts blood vessel and therefore blood flow which for diabetics is a real problem.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Thanks for the info guys! This is really good to know. I was a pack and a half a day smokers for 20+ yrs. I noticed with vaping, I hardly want anything sweet...and that's SWEET! I vape nothing higher than 12% nic and most of my ejuices are 6% and 0%. This is great news. When I first started to vape I thought, this is too good to be true! I grew up with the old adage, "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't" I was kinda scared to ask this question for fear I'd have to give up one of the best things that's ever happened in my life! LOL! WHOO HOO!

4star60

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
St.louis
I was just dying to know, ya know? lol I'm on lantus too and it just blows. :) Good to know we can vape tho, eh? Happy vaping!!!! yaaay!

Ive only been doing the Ecig thing for a couple of weeks.... been vaping on a coffee flavor that I really like. Im type II on Insulin and havent seen any change in my numbers from it....

j

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I was diagnosed with type 2 3 months ago and it was really high at first. Doctor wanted me to start lantos, lovastatin and metformin. I tried the lovastatin and the metformin for about 4 days and had to stop because of the horrible side effects. Started on the Dr. Atkins Diabetic Revolution diet and never used the lantos.

First blood glucose reading was 252, have brought it down to 102 in the mornings and sometimes 95-100. I have been vaping for 19 months now and proved it to myself that vaping does not affect your blood sugar levels.

jecchile

Dec 8, 2013
Chile
What with all the sweet ejuices, I was just wondering is there any sugar in them? :vapor:

I had a problem with Vanila/Caramel juice - sweet. It made my sugar go up about 50 points... this does not mean that it will happen to other people, it is just as my body reacted to that juice... I now smoke the Marlboro Medium and don´t have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread